Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yeah, the AT&T contract price is a minger. And people were complaining about the Pre's everything plans...palease.
    I believe that you save $1,100 on the Pre over the $99 iPhone over the contract period.
    "what's that?"

- A Palm Pre.

"Oh.. is it touch screen?"

- Yeah.

"That's soo cool! My phone sucks... can I try it?"

- No.

Typical day with a Pre
  3. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    yep everyones impressed with it except the iphone people..they just wanna deffend their phone and kinda ignore what i say about mine lol
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    I got tired of hearing Sprint complaints.. I ended up bookmarking the huge Gizmodo test of the three major networks.. Sprint came in #1, AT&T #3.

For reference: gizmodo.c00m/5111989/the-definitive-coast+to+coast-3g-data-test

change the "00"
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    The day I got the Pre, I sent a text w/a photo attached to all my iPhone buds. I know they can do that w/the 3.0 update, & I know other phones can do it, but it was still fun to rub it in right out of the box.

Cheers
    I showed it to some friends over the weekend. Many of them needed help with the gesture area. The iPhone users were amazed by the webOS and its ability to multitask. One of my friends who owns a Blackberry tried to use the center button as a trackball. He then went on to say that he didn't like touchscreens because they don't know what he's trying to touch. I told him that it doesn't respond to the touch of retards and took my phone back from him.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    My friends were sick of me talking about the pre a few months ago! Haha.

But they do love it. Jealous *****es.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    I told him that it doesn't respond to the touch of retards and took my phone back from him.
    LOL :d:d
    I have been talking about the Pre to my friends since January. I showed the videos, and I got the "whatever man...you're crazy dude, WinMo rocks, you got us into WinMo, why you dizzin' it now?"

Then I got the Pre. Lets just say that my 1 friend bought his with me at the same time... he changed his 99 simply everything plan to a 1500 shared plan just to have a new line that he can use to get the cheaper price on the Pre. My other friend is also my business partner. After I got the phone, he kept asking how I liked it, and referred him to the Precentral review. After that he made me come to his house and demonstrate it to him, 2 days later we went and bought one for him too. 3rd person is the bf of a friend of mine. I showed her the videos of the Pre, and she mentioned it to him. The obsession started for him and he and her both switched to Sprint from T-Mobile (he had a G1 that landed up on Ebay). He got the Pre of course, she stuck with a lame *** Blackberry....she just can't help it, she's a Blackberry girl, she loves the Pre too but is a textaholic and was used to and set in her way with the Blackberry keyboard. He actually got the phone before me, mine needed to be ordered, he got his on launch day.

Yesterday I went to a friend of mine that used to work for Sprint but now works for Verizon, he has a Blackberry Storm. He actually texted me to come over to his work to show him the Pre. While on hold with Verizon, he'd keep playing with my Pre, even in front of customers who were confused why the Verizon guy is crazy over a Sprint phone! When all the customers were gone we did a browser comparison speed test, New York Times website on the Storm vs. the Pre. The Pre destroyed the Storm. The storm struggled and struggled...until it fizzled out and my friend just shut down the browser...lol. Later that night he texted me and told me that he bought a Pre for his wife who was still on Sprint. The only complained he had about the Pre was the keyboard, he seems to actually like the Storm one, which is weird seeing that he always had normal Blackberrys before.

So if anything...I did my duty and helped Palm sell 4 pres! I want a comission.

Oh yeah, showed it to my female friend too. She loved how it looks, loved the mirror, was scared to touch it (long nails...I was worried too), and liked how her boobs looked on the pics I took......
    Just got another story when I was at work earlier. One of my co-workers was showing others what his new iphone 3g with the 3.0 upgrade could do. He was showing off some little fart app and I was just standing there. All of a sudden my phone rings which got everyones attention away from the Iphone. Once I hung up the whole group was all of a sudden around me asking what phone that was and when did it come out.

So I started showing them all the cool features and as I was showing them the Pandora app and surfing the web I started getting text messages and a couple of emails. Man were they blow away at seeing the multi-tasking hard at work. My co-worker with the iphone was kinda sour about the whole thing and wanted to compare the 2 phones. In the end I had put him in his place when he tried to show me things that the iphone could do that he thought the pre couldn't. I have nothing against the iphone, just don't come in my face and say that its better the my pre.
    Last edited by j2hott23; 06/18/2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by j2hott23 View Post
    My co-worker with the iphone was kinda sour about the whole thing and wanted to compare the 2 phones. In the end I had put him in his place when he tried to show me things that the iphone could do that he thought the pre couldn't. I have nothing against the iphone, just the come in my face and say that its better the my pre.
    Thats a great story too. This brings to mind another thing that happened when two of my iPhone owning friends examined my phone: both of them used the texting app to type gibberish to themselves. When I asked them about this they said they actually liked the keyboard and said they were surprised by the fact that they could type on it so accurately.
    Just got a quick email from the Tech guy at FOXNews.com regarding the Pre:

Just bought one myself. Activation took about 18 hours, but so far I'm impressed! Haven't really put it through its paces yet, but I am enjoying it very much.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    I've only shown a few people at work. i gave a demo to one blackberry guy and he wanted it within 60 seconds. In general though I'm hiding it and not giving demos, because people tend to come to *me* for tech issues, and I think the phone needs another few months before its a little more ready- let's face it, its rough around the edges. battery life, notification lamp, the list goes on. i know Palm is working on it so i'm not worried- supposedly by end of this week there's even an OTA update coming.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Thats a great story too. This brings to mind another thing that happened when two of my iPhone owning friends examined my phone: both of them used the texting app to type gibberish to themselves. When I asked them about this they said they actually liked the keyboard and said they were surprised by the fact that they could type on it so accurately.
    Yeah a few blackberry people that came by my desk and saw it said "wow that keyboard is really small" -- and i tell them its because they're used to a giant blackberry keyboard with fisher price spacing between keys, and instruct them to "just try typing a sentence" and they usually end up "wow i could type fast and didn't even make a mistake".

when i first got my iphone and absolutely hated typing on the screen, a guy at work said "in 2 months you'll be used to it". 2 MONTHS?!? WTF. Talk about making excuses. A device shouldn't need that much practice. I knew then and there my iphone wouldn't last long, and I don't care if there's never another App in the Pre's app store, I'm not giving up its keyboard.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    My iPhone user friends really like it, a BBStorm friend LOVES it and wants to get out of Verizon to get one. I showed a girl today and she loved it, I showed some dudes I met @ a baseball game and they liked it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    My iPhone user friends really like it, a BBStorm friend LOVES it and wants to get out of Verizon to get one. I showed a girl today and she loved it, I showed some dudes I met @ a baseball game and they liked it too.
    why would you not like it?

it's an amazing phone, with alot more potential.
    It's just kinda shocking that they're letting their biases down and actually admitting a phone like this is bad ***. You have to understand that I'm dealing with LA trendy punks here.
    My company is a mac using company that even tries to give us iphones. My coworker asked to see my pre, knowing I camped out for it. He looked at it for about 30 seconds, handed it back and said "well it really doesn't matter how cool the pre is, it's not an Apple, and the world only cares about Apple products".

He then went on to tell me how cool the 3GS was and how stoked he was for it. I asked him if it could do x, y, z (pre features) and he sad "no, but it doesn't matter, it's an iphone".

And people wonder why I hate Apple and their fans so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    My company is a mac using company that even tries to give us iphones. My coworker asked to see my pre, knowing I camped out for it. He looked at it for about 30 seconds, handed it back and said "well it really doesn't matter how cool the pre is, it's not an Apple, and the world only cares about Apple products".

He then went on to tell me how cool the 3GS was and how stoked he was for it. I asked him if it could do x, y, z (pre features) and he sad "no, but it doesn't matter, it's an iphone".

And people wonder why I hate Apple and their fans so much.
    Yup, very typical Apple fanboy reaction. They just can't understand there are better products in the world.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    What were the x, y, z features you asked him? It'd be cool to get a list of "gotcha" argument points to use against these guys. Shame cuz the iPhone IS bad ***, but these people make me hate it.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast