Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Mine is what I call the "copy & paste sham."

They hyped up the copy & paste feature that the iPhone lacks/lacked - but it turns out you can only copy and paste editable text - which for me usually means I can only copy and paste stuff I myself am typing.

I don't know about anyone else, but the majority of the copy and paste I was doing on my PPC 6700 and Centro prior to the Pre, was copying txt from web pages and from received text messages.

Case in point, my wife just txt me the address of where she is at. I cannot copy it and paste into Google Maps and Sprint Navigation.

That's a real pain, and since I've had the Pre I've had several experiences where I needed to remember the info from a web page or txt so that I can re-type it elsewhere.
    ya ya, but that can, and will most likely be addressed in one of the upcoming updates..

I love my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid_MTB View Post
    I love my Pre!
    My biggest gripe is that when I login to Pre central forums from my pre all the posts are usually negative and complaining about the phone!!
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    The fact that Palm didn't include vibrate *sic* in the phone....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Lack of a notification light....that also doubles as a charging status light...and an option to configure the Pre to just show the charging status light when it is on the TS...so I don't need to have the screen on at night while it sits on my nightstand...thereby bugging me with light pollution, using more energy than it needs to, and shortening the overall life of the screen and backlighting.

Followed by better options for timing email polling and reminders. e.g.,

- I would like to define time windows for email polling...and have it disabled at night.

- I would like the option of having a calendar reminder 0 minutes in front of an event...and would also like to be able to select a default value for when a reminder should show up for an all day event. Personally, I'd like a reminder for an all day event to pop up at 8am on the day of the event for many of my events. Not the day before and not at 12:01 am on the day of event...which just would wake me up.

Yes, I like to sleep ...and no, leaving my phone in vibrate mode isn't a good option to address some of these items since I need to actually wake up if the phone rings at 3:00 am.

Frankly, the combination of the old PalmOS and Butler knocked most of this stuff out of the park on my 700p.

cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 06/17/2009 at 03:41 PM.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Media Player sucks. (No scrubber, no bookmarking makes audiobooks and podcasts difficult to listen to)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Media Player sucks. (No scrubber, no bookmarking makes audiobooks and podcasts difficult to listen to)
    Yes, it really needs a slide bar for the content. FF and REW are not cutting it for podcasts and other longer content.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    My single biggest gripe about the Palm Pre is I DON'T HAVE ONE YET. Hope to have one soon.
    Google Maps 2007 Extremely Limited Edition.

No transit, no walking, no bookmarks, etc. Aside from texting, the most oft-used program on my E71.
    My biggest gripe: no voice dialing.
    I don't really have any big gripes about the pre. There more like small whining things that I'm to muture to whin about.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    No micro-SD card slot.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j2hott23 View Post
    There more like small whining things that I'm to muture to whin about.
    Lack of a spell checker, perhaps?

(No, despite being officially old I'm not at all "muture")
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    no indications light whatesoever..i don't get it..that's annoying...i hope palm is reading this forum.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    give us light...
    i can't tell .................

if i have a new message/missed call or not
    if my phone is charging or not...i have to always turn on my phone.

i don't get this no light thing.
    a Buggy Classic that wont play my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    My biggest gripe is that when I login to Pre central forums from my pre all the posts are usually negative and complaining about the phone!!
    My thoughts exactly. I say we gripe about the gripers!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I say we gripe about the gripers!
    You mean PreCentral is only for Palm Fanboys?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    Why would anyone who is obviously so offended by anyone stating anything other than that the creation of the Pre ranks right up there with the discovery of fire waste their own time and that of others by responding to a thread that they consider futile and pointless?

There's a lot of things left out and aren't quite "there yet" about version 1.0. I just wanted to guage what are others' primary concerns.

For the record, I love my Pre. I loved my Centro, but love my Pre more - but my love for my new phone hasn't blinded me to its imperfections - unlike some, perhaps.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    No micro-SD card slot.
    Right here.

8 Gig is a good amount for a phone, but with what the pre will be able to do we will need more space than this.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast