Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    My biggest issue is that no one I call can hear or understand me...all multitude of other issues pale in comparison. This is a phone that can't be a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    As a fellow 700p lover and someone who bought three Palm Pre's on launch day, I'll see if I can help. See my bold comments.

In general, I think it is easy to get discouraged here with all of the complaints and reports of hardware issues...since folks normally don't post things like, "my Pre is perfect", "I don't have dead pixels", "The slider is not wobbly", etc

Regarding a comparison with the 700p, my old Treo can do many things that my Pre cannot...and vice versa. That said, I wouldn't trade back...even if WebOS and the Pre were not going to get better...and they are getting better, daily. Even if Palm doesn't update the OS and app store (which they surely will), we have root.

cheers,
    Steve

My Pre does a lot more than my Treo 600 --- YEA!! However compared to my 700 P and my Pro --- EAS with PIN policy is a must for corporate e mail. after 4 updates still nothing on this. I hate having to carry two phones for one JOB! Come on PALM. Some of us need EAS with security policy support.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    SPEED!

I am really starting to get annoyed at the lag this device exhibits.

ESPECIALLY the damn phone app! Come on Palm, fix that already and stop worrying about homebrew.

Palm, nothing is unhackable. Concentrate on what is important NOW!

I never thought it would get to this point, but I actually might dump my Pre if they don't address it before my 30 days. Making seamless phone calls should be priority #1.

Thanks for letting me vent.

YES! Agree
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    My single biggest gripe about the Palm Pre is lack of visual voice mail.

Second is lack of spell checker (and lack of other text messaging features)
    Single biggest gripe: battery
    Next: sluggishness
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have been a Palm user since the V, and had every PalmOS Treo/Centro since the 300.
    The inability to copy/paste or forward sms messages is just ridiculous.

What could be the reason for this holdback?
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    No micro-SD card slot.
    this 100%
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guidoracer View Post
    My biggest gripe: no voice dialing.
    ding ding. Ditto
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678