Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Just the (lack of) ability to select/delete multiple emails. I've now gotten used to no VisVoicemail.

Overall I love my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysiwyg1977 View Post
    Just the (lack of) ability to select/delete multiple emails. I've now gotten used to no VisVoicemail.

Overall I love my Pre.
    Yes, items like that are surprising ommissions to me. They were in the old PalmOS *and* Apple got slammed for leaving them out of the iPhone's email client...and so Apple added them in...and then Palm comes along and leaves them out of WebOS. It's a real WTF moment

Of course, I can't even empty the trash in the email app...or define how long things sit there...and my trash now has about 1000 messages in it.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    My biggest gripe with the Pre is that it sucks compared to the iPhone 3G S.

$299 out the door...

Only 8GB (vs. 32GB)
    No video recording
    No copy-paste except for "editable" text
    No tethering

Oh and since they decided to require an Everything plan, iPhone service is around the same price.

Inferior phone, same price. Geniuses, I tells ya!
    >++++++++++[<+++++++>-]<.>+++[<+++++>-]<.>+++[<------>-]<.>++[<++++>-]<.>++++++[<------->-]<-.>+++++++[<++++++++>-]<+.>++[<----->-]<.>++[<+++>-]<.>++++[<------------->-]<..
    2nd biggest gripe - iFans who just can't stop trolling...
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Yes, items like that are surprising ommissions to me. They were in the old PalmOS *and* Apple got slammed for leaving them out of the iPhone's email client...and so Apple added them in...and then Palm comes along and leaves them out of WebOS. It's a real WTF moment
    My guess is the Apple boys they hired have never used a Treo. Thus, they made the same mistakes with the Pre they had made previously with the iFauxn.
    Since you asked for just ONE issue, my issue is this:

Noindicatorlightsmallscreenpoorbatterylifenotruecutandpasteloosesliderlackofcustomizationweakspeaker novoicedialingnomicrosdslotfluctuatingservicebars
    biggest gripe has to be the 1.0-ness. I understand early adopter issues, but missing basic things like custom tones for different events seems silly. everything feels a bit rough around the edges.

But here's to Palm continuing with frequent updates (that hopefully don't break programs in the long run when the SDK is out).
    my biggest gripe is no virtual keyboard especially in landscape mode i really hope they add 1 bcuz i really hate having 2 slide up the phone everytime i txt
    My biggest gripe is the usb port cover. That's it. Great device otherwise and most of the gripes people are having will be addressed with updates. The pre is barely 3 weeks old...
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    No micro-SD card slot.
    Agreed. That or offer a larger amount of storage.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Let me say first that I love the phone. Let me say second that it's definitely a step backward in some respects compared to the Treo.

My biggest gripe about the iPhone was that it was style over substance, while the Treo was the exact opposite.

You might have asked for a single gripe, but here it goes with a partial list.

Charging port is in a terrible position. For people who charge, talk, and use their left ear it's absolutely terrible.

Copy and paste has been covered here extensively.

Crippled Bluetooth. Sure, it might work for Bluetooth stereo headphones, but what about sending pictures or apps via bluetooth to another phone? Also, I can't print via bluetooth. With my Treo all I had to do was be close to my printer and I could prints.

Unable to place a check on multiple emails and delete. Also covered here extensively.

A single preferences icon, like the Treo instead of an entire page of icons. The Treo Preference screen simply made sense.

The ability to look up a business in Google Maps and have the program save all the contact information on the phone. That was one of my favorite options on my Treo.

Lack of video with the camera.

Lack of advanced calculator options. I sometimes have to use algebra, and having those advanced features are a must. It's the same as when I've been in Siberia and wanted to translate Celsius into Farenheit. It's much easier on the Treo advanced calculator.

------

Unfortunately, until they fix some of these basic features, I have to continue carrying my Treo 755 around with me. Like Apple, Palm chose to go with style over substance. What disappoints me is that a lot of the more useful Treo features that have been staples of the OS for many many years are simply MIA on the Pre. The good news is that most of these complaints can be fixed with software updates. Until then, I'm now stuck carrying two phones.
    First off, let me say I bought my PRE on opening day, and love it. However I am shocked that the preferences are so limited. I am an openly anti- apple person. Why? Becuase the lack of customization you can do on a imac/ibook/ipod, etc. On my windows PC I can and frequently do change every setting. I came from a Moto Q9c, with WinMo, which took some getting used to, but I soon figured out where all those settings hid. However the PRE just doesnt have those options. I'm sure someday we will get them. The most important right now seems to be seperate ringtones for e-mail, txt etc...at least thats how these forums make it sound.

Just my .02!
    Not many complaints but unfortunately the one is a big one...Reception.
    no FWD of text messages....
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    not being able to set seperate ringtones/volume for various alerts and system sounds
    1. Reception

2. Build Quality

3. Fragility !!

Coming from a 700wx that was virtually indestructable. This phone has me babying it around like its some priceless piece of china. As the days go by, it I am starting to feel more and more that its just too delicate for me.

The build quality is shameful, sliders are wobbly, screens are cracking, reception varies from 1 unit to the next.

Software and OS are literally break through advancments that have us all drooling all over the place. I want to keep this and use it. But not sure its gonna work for me. Maybe the next generation WebOS devices, that aren't made in China and rushed to market, will deliver the goods.
    [QUOTE=slthree;1692160]I'm thankful for both fanboys and haters alike.

Not having a Pre, here are my concerns:

I have to say I am in love with my phone and so is my daughter! I sometimes wonder what people do to this phone. I don't have serious problems with this phone and we don't baby it. Sure there are some updates I would like.

I could sit here and bash my BBcurve, Instinct, Pro, Rant, Centro...but why I am happy.

Go ahead give it a try you have 30 days!
    I love my Pre, and have many of the same frustrations listed here. But I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a big problem: there's no way to back up a lot of things, like browser bookmarks (and website launcher items), other preferences, manually linked contacts, speed dial choices, the Classic virtual SD card, etc. etc. I had to do a total wipe yesterday because my Pre got fouled up by the 1.03 upgrade, and I'm still trying to get some of those things set up properly.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I love my Pre, and have many of the same frustrations listed here. But I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a big problem: there's no way to back up a lot of things, like browser bookmarks (and website launcher items), other preferences, manually linked contacts, speed dial choices, the Classic virtual SD card, etc. etc. I had to do a total wipe yesterday because my Pre got fouled up by the 1.03 upgrade, and I'm still trying to get some of those things set up properly.
    Can't you back up to the Palm cloud?
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Can't you back up to the Palm cloud?
    The point is that Palm did not provide a way for everything to be backed up to the cloud. And some things can't be backed up with USB either. It's those things that fall through the cracks that are so troublesome because you have to enter them all manually, one by one.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast