Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    i have one, too..

it doesn't tell me the answer to life.
    Au contraire!! Just point your Pre browser here and ask "what's the meaning of life?"
    So far:

KeyCaps feature that allowed you to type with one hand. Double tap the key instead of using the function key to get to the symbol on the key. Holding the key down would capitalize the letter instead of using the shift key. It was the most useful app on my 755p. With the smaller keyboard on the Pre it would be even more valuable.

I would also like to be able to select a default phone number (mobile, home, work) for each contact and have only that number show on the contact list scroll. It would shorten the scroll required to find a particular contact.

Anything that would limit the need to open and use the keyboard. My first suggestion would be to enable the dial pad letters to be used in a contact search.
    my biggest gripe is reading over and over again "there will be an update for that" is that the new pre slogan here???? reminds me of "theres an app for that"
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    my biggest gripe is reading over and over again "there will be an update for that" is that the new pre slogan here???? reminds me of "theres an app for that"
    That sounds like a gripe about the folks in the PreCentral forum, not the Pre itself.
    lol no everyone here is cool, knowledgeable enough to know "there will be an update" we get it....

sorry if i offended anyone, just thought it was a legitimate gripe
    pulling it out of the case i miss phone calls because the message to drag up shows over the number...annoying
    I can understand no video, limited copy paste (grrrr), even not being able to change notification sounds!(wtf!?), but what's completely preposterous is the lack of a notification light for missed calls/texts/emails/etc.
    Are they for reals? Don't get me wrong, I've had a ***** for this phone since I laid my hands on it, but I just don't understand the reason to leave out such a necessity, because it is! If your in the bathroom and missed a call, you can't just glance at your phone and know it...no, you have to go and wake it up so you can see it, which just irks me, considering that every damn cheap phone on cricket has this most basic of features!!

Rant over.
    battery life hands down..
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris8541 View Post
    pulling it out of the case i miss phone calls because the message to drag up shows over the number...annoying
    Sometimes it even rejects calls even though I dragged the icon to answer...super annoying to play phone tag
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    1. lack of visual voice mail.

2. also, answering the phone can be difficult and slow. sometimes you hit a button, sometimes you need to drag a button up etc. The slowness can compound the difficulty. I guess perhaps this is just my being on the steep part of the learning curve.

3. lack of smileys in text messaging

But, basically I love it and learn new reasons every day to love it more. (I had 700p, 650, 600 etc etc). I am not disappointed overall and would not want to give it back.
    Reception. It is far too inconsistent.
    I find it funny how people ***** about a "notification light"... if your that geeked about knowing whether or not someone messaged you or you missed a call, how about you just push a button on the phone? wow, was that so hard?

I mean, its a smart phone and a cool device. It's probably on your side most of the time anyway. Now you need to know if you got a text by looking at your phone across the room? Just pick it up and push a button.... sheesh.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trucanes99 View Post
    I find it funny how people ***** about a "notification light"... if your that geeked about knowing whether or not someone messaged you or you missed a call, how about you just push a button on the phone? wow, was that so hard?

I mean, its a smart phone and a cool device. It's probably on your side most of the time anyway. Now you need to know if you got a text by looking at your phone across the room? Just pick it up and push a button.... sheesh.
    Says you. Those who have been Treo owners for any amount of time know the value of the alert lights, both by color and rate of flash.

Not sure what your actually trying to prove here. This thread is for gripes and that is a legitimate gripe.

If it doesn't bother you, move on. I'm certain you use a remote control for your TV. Should we all bash you and tell you to stop using it and get your lazy *** up to change the channel manually? Will your next TV be one that does not have a remote? Yeah, thought so!

Really, get a life and stop trying to impress us with how tough you are. Did you join to get info on the Pre or to be another internet jerk?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    1998 called , it wants to offer voice dial ......
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

Actually I don't have it at my side all the time. Especially when I'm working. And having to press the button every time I leave for a few minutes and get back to my office is a hassle.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    Mine is what I call the "copy & paste sham."

They hyped up the copy & paste feature that the iPhone lacks/lacked - but it turns out you can only copy and paste editable text - which for me usually means I can only copy and paste stuff I myself am typing.

I don't know about anyone else, but the majority of the copy and paste I was doing on my PPC 6700 and Centro prior to the Pre, was copying txt from web pages and from received text messages.

Case in point, my wife just txt me the address of where she is at. I cannot copy it and paste into Google Maps and Sprint Navigation.

That's a real pain, and since I've had the Pre I've had several experiences where I needed to remember the info from a web page or txt so that I can re-type it elsewhere.

I don't know for a fact if anyone else has commented on this, seeing as it's 5 pages of comments, but u can copy and paste web txt, hold the shift button and drag your finger across what u wanna copy, ps I loved my 6700 , I loved my 6800 and my 6900 lol those were good phones, but I can't see myself going back to htc, ever!!!!
    Originally Posted by taalibeen

Mine is what I call the "copy & paste sham."

They hyped up the copy & paste feature that the iPhone lacks/lacked - but it turns out you can only copy and paste editable text - which for me usually means I can only copy and paste stuff I myself am typing.

I don't know about anyone else, but the majority of the copy and paste I was doing on my PPC 6700 and Centro prior to the Pre, was copying txt from web pages and from received text messages.

Case in point, my wife just txt me the address of where she is at. I cannot copy it and paste into Google Maps and Sprint Navigation.

That's a real pain, and since I've had the Pre I've had several experiences where I needed to remember the info from a web page or txt so that I can re-type it elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDUBB007 View Post
    I don't know for a fact if anyone else has commented on this, seeing as it's 5 pages of comments, but u can copy and paste web txt, hold the shift button and drag your finger across what u wanna copy, ps I loved my 6700 , I loved my 6800 and my 6900 lol those were good phones, but I can't see myself going back to htc, ever!!!!
    You cannot copy all "web txt". As taalibeen rightly pointed out you can only cut & paste editable text. Hence his annoyance.
    One of the most practical pieces of software, specifically developed for mobile use, which has been in use for years is now inaccessible after upgrading my phone. wtf?
    The only thing I don't like so far is the charging port being on the side of the phone. It makes it awkward and uncomfortable to use with the cord attached if you have to make a call, or start running low on juice during one. *edit* and the lack of an Led indicator. Since the round button lights up, I think they should be able to do a software fix that will allow that to flash if there is a new alert.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.

ya... but I get 150 emails aday or more! and maybe only 2-3 personal emails and 5 or so txt messages, and its annoying as hell to have check the phone 150+ TIMES a day just because palm cant put customized notification sounds...silly when every other freagin phone in the world has them.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast