Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Now correct me if I'm wrong but every time I try to view a video it tells me that my flash player needs to be updated. THIS IS ON A BRAND NEW 12 day old phone!!!I have seen this message 6 times about the flash player. Oh and the battery is garbage!!! Dollarstore trash bag garbage all batterys should last at least with light use 8 hours I had 50 percent when I went to sleep and when I woke up 5 hours later my phone was dead!!! I haven't charged my treo 700 with a 10 hour battery since wed of last week and it just died @10 this morning!! Now that's a battery!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by macadoucious View Post
    Now correct me if I'm wrong but every time I try to view a video it tells me that my flash player needs to be updated. THIS IS ON A BRAND NEW 12 day old phone!!!I have seen this message 6 times about the flash player.
    Dude - calm down and learn about your phone. Flash doesn't work yet on the Pre. That message is from the website when it tries to load a flash video.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Can I has visual voice mail and a louder ringer. Please, Palm/Sprint???
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanfez View Post
    No weather radar loops
    try mobile.weather.gov They should have looping radar for any NEXRAD radar in the country. Works great on my 680.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainking View Post
    Can I has visual voice mail and a louder ringer. Please, Palm/Sprint???
    Really good point, I was surprised this wasn't there.

Wonder if any of the third party guys (youmail, messagesling etc...) are going to put together pages formatted for the pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    Dude - calm down and learn about your phone. Flash doesn't work yet on the Pre. That message is from the website when it tries to load a flash video.
    Dude I KNOW THIS!!!!!!!!! The title of the thread says gripes for a phone that is suppose to be cutting edge I should be able to watch a youtube vid outside of youtube (facebook post or elsewhere )
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    My biggest gripe is something that cannot be addressed by an OS update and that is that the phone has no indicator light!

On my T-Mobile G1, I could always look at my phone on my desk and see the light blinking, letting me know I had any new email or whatever. Now, I have to turn the phone on to see if there are any new notifications.

It's not the end of the world but a color changable LED on the top right of the phone would have been slick.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I'm thankful for both fanboys and haters alike.

I have been with Palm for many years and with Sprint almost as long. I support Palm strongly, have converted many people from BB and a few from Iphone. That being said, I've become more of a thinking man as I age and don't jump too quickly.

I have a 700p and love it. But, its time for a new phone. I thought I despeartely wanted a Pre until I started reading through hundreds of posts a day.

I feel I'm a smart fella and I think I can filter through the extreme posts, positive or negative (you know, like gymnastics where they throw out scores at the top and scores at the bottom). So, please keep all posts coming so I can make a good decision.

I had a Pre in my hand yesterday and actually turned it down. The sales people thought I was crazy. They could not believe it. My wife is wondering why I don't just get a Pre too.

Not having a Pre, here are my concerns:

1. build quality. i've read too much about screen cracks and cracks on the gesture area

2. dead pixels

3. no light indicators

4. no copy and paste of content not written by me

5. alarm not working well. Butler is as reliable as can be

6. lack of text forwarding

7. fear of wobbly slider

8. general instability (one of my friends who I converted from BB to the 755p already took the leap to the Pre and is getting alot of shutdowns and resets)

Some of these are trivial. Some of these are critical. Some of these may be unfounded fears.

Either way, I think I want the Pre. Its certainly a beautiful device.

I'm thankful for all opinions. When I do make a decision it will not be unfounded.
    Last edited by slthree; 06/18/2009 at 07:16 PM.
    1. No Animated MMS / Flash Player! Why do they do that? I can't get all the funny animated jokes that VZN carriers can receive. I'm Pissed.

2. Can't change notification tones...HELLO???
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galliorevo View Post
    My biggest gripe is something that cannot be addressed by an OS update and that is that the phone has no indicator light!
    Why do you think an OS update can't do that? You have seen the lights under the gesture area, right? Just a soft glow from the ball on the bottom when a message is left, or when the phone is charging would be great and is very doable with an OS Update since the hardware is already there.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Does it have to be a SINGLE issue?

If I have to pick the SINGLE Biggest Grip - BATTERY LIFE

** FanBoy Moment regarding my biggest Grip... I get it - the Pre is doing more than most phones and that sucks the battery - and the iPhone has been bragging about their battery life but they were a single app at a time device, lets see how those phones go with OS3 running multiple apps in the background like the pre... at least I can carry around a spare battery...

Back to non-FanBoy mode - I can't go an entire work day without having to charge the phone... ARRRGGHHHH!!!

Other improvements:
    Ball on gesture area should have been a track ball like on the G1 or the Blackberry
    Can't record videos
    Can't tether without hacking
    Cut and Paste only works in editable area
    email (and other apps) won't do landscape mode (new OS3 for iPhone does... arrgghh!)
    No software keyboard for landscape mode
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Oh - and flash player... I was really hoping hulu.com was going to work on my Pre - Sprint TV sucks... Hulu Kicks a$$
    As a fellow 700p lover and someone who bought three Palm Pre's on launch day, I'll see if I can help. See my bold comments.

Quote Originally Posted by slthree View Post
    I'm thankful for both fanboys and haters alike.

I have been with Palm for many years and with Sprint almost as long. I support Palm strongly, have converted many people from BB and a few from Iphone. That being said, I've become more of a thinking man as I age and don't jump too quickly.

I have a 700p and love it. But, its time for a new phone. I thought I despeartely wanted a Pre until I started reading through hundreds of posts a day.

700p is a tank...and it rocks...but the browser is horrifically bad and the isolated contacts and calendar are quite lame. I don't need yet another location for this info...and the days of the Palm Desktop application's utility are long gone for me.

I feel I'm a smart fella and I think I can filter through the extreme posts, positive or negative (you know, like gymnastics where they throw out scores at the top and scores at the bottom). So, please keep all posts coming so I can make a good decision.

I had a Pre in my hand yesterday and actually turned it down. The sales people thought I was crazy. They could not believe it. My wife is wondering why I don't just get a Pre too.

Not having a Pre, here are my concerns:

1. build quality. i've read too much about screen cracks and cracks on the gesture area

Three Pre's - no cracks. I baby mine, but my wife and daughter do not.

2. dead pixels

Three Pre's - no dead pixels

3. no light indicators

This does suck...no argument. Man, I miss Butler. I hope we can hook into the gesture area lights at some point to resolve this issue.

4. no copy and paste of content not written by me

Also sucks. Who the heck wants to copy from "editable fields"? Heck, *I* added that data. I want to copy data that I found elsewhere. Another one that needs to be resolved.

5. alarm not working well. Butler is as reliable as can be

I love the alarm app...and it has not failed me once. That said, I am looking forward to replacements since I would like to have customizable snooze lengths for each stored alarm template. Our Chumby does it. Get on it Palm.

6. lack of text forwarding

I have never forwarded a text message...but that's not to imply that it is not a useful capability. Either way, I hear that a software fix for this one is coming within weeks.

7. fear of wobbly slider

Three Pre's - no wobbly sliders

8. general instability (one of my friends who I converted from BB to the 755p already took the leap to the Pre and is getting alot of shutdowns and resets)

My Pre is rock solid compared to my 700p. Seriously. I loved my 700p, but I wouldn't exactly call it stable. I have seen the Palm boot logo more times than I can count on my 700p. My Pre has not crashed once. That said, I did need to reboot once due to a memory leak that wouldn't let me open any more cards.

Some of these are trivial. Some of these are critical. Some of these may be unfounded fears.

Either way, I think I want the Pre. Its certainly a beautiful device.

I'm thankful for all opinions. When I do make a decision it will not be unfounded.

In general, I think it is easy to get discouraged here with all of the complaints and reports of hardware issues...since folks normally don't post things like, "my Pre is perfect", "I don't have dead pixels", "The slider is not wobbly", etc

Regarding a comparison with the 700p, my old Treo can do many things that my Pre cannot...and vice versa. That said, I wouldn't trade back...even if WebOS and the Pre were not going to get better...and they are getting better, daily. Even if Palm doesn't update the OS and app store (which they surely will), we have root.

cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 06/19/2009 at 11:15 AM.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    is there an alarm clock on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by tosan76 View Post
    is there an alarm clock on here?
    Go to the clock and look at the bottom of the screen. You will see a two-position toggle...with the clock part of the toggle highlighted in blue. Click the bell. That's where you set the alarms.

You can create as many alarms as you would like...including repeating alarms and alarms that only go off once. Repeating alarms are saved and can be turned on and off. You can assign a specific ringtone or MP3 to each alarm.

If it had configurable snooze times for each alarm, it would rock...but it's still pretty good in my book. Some folks have reported problems though.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    not being able to setup sound profiles like blackberry's. having different sounds for different email accounts and txt msgs
    Quote Originally Posted by xemtra View Post
    not being able to setup sound profiles like blackberry's. having different sounds for different email accounts and txt msgs

i dont need that musch control, but it would be nice.

if they can begin with a different tone for email, another for text/mms, another for sticking it onto the touchstone.

i want to control it, but if they decide to pick their own sounds at first, im ok with that. for a quick fix.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by davez57 View Post
    My single biggest gripe about the Palm Pre is I DON'T HAVE ONE YET. Hope to have one soon.
    Stock levels. I'm on every bbuy waiting list and on 2 sprint store waiting lists in my area. No bbuy in my area has got more than 3 at any given shipment and the sprint stores themselves are jokes! I call up and they say that if they have them it's first come first serve, you go in and they put you on a list. Or they say they don't have a list. So you stalk them daily and they say "oh well we have a list" when you call back!
    The alarm, the battery, the way you have to turn up the volume....
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Can't forward text messages. what a step backwards. i bet "theres an App for that" still luv my Pre and all its 1.0 quirks!!!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast