Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Lack of a spell checker, perhaps?

(No, despite being officially old I'm not at all "muture")
    Ok you got me on that one
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Media Player sucks. (No scrubber, no bookmarking makes audiobooks and podcasts difficult to listen to)
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    A year or so ago I switched to the ipod and itunes just so I could easily download and listen to podcasts. When I saw that the pre synced with itunes I was elated. When I saw how poorly it handles podcasts I stopped syncing my pre to itunes.

It also BLOWS... and this is my official gripe.
    The media player CAN NOT HANDLE RADIO STREAMS PROPERLY.
    on my last phone I would always listen to my hometome radio stations. The Pre can't do it.
    the web browsing experience. i want more sites to get friendly with the pre. dont want to pinch any more.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    1. battery life
    2. no date/time stamp
    3. doesnt support Midi music files!!!
    As a phone it fails in sensitivity. For the 1st time in 10 years with Sprint, I cannot make/receive calls from my house.
    Either no notification light or certain applications not being flushed out.
    No weather radar loops
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    You mean PreCentral is only for Palm Fanboys?
    I was tempted to say my main gripe at the pre, as someone who's been here for a while, is the sudden influx of fanboys. Enthusiasm is laudable; intolerance of valid criticism is boorish.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    Mine is what I call the "copy & paste sham."

They hyped up the copy & paste feature that the iPhone lacks/lacked - but it turns out you can only copy and paste editable text - which for me usually means I can only copy and paste stuff I myself am typing.

I don't know about anyone else, but the majority of the copy and paste I was doing on my PPC 6700 and Centro prior to the Pre, was copying txt from web pages and from received text messages.

Case in point, my wife just txt me the address of where she is at. I cannot copy it and paste into Google Maps and Sprint Navigation.

That's a real pain, and since I've had the Pre I've had several experiences where I needed to remember the info from a web page or txt so that I can re-type it elsewhere.
    Actually I have two major gripes.

Lack of preference settings.

Having to go thru contracts and two layers to send a text. Would like to send a text from any place. Easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1seer7 View Post
    Actually I have two major gripes.

Lack of preference settings.

Having to go thru contracts and two layers to send a text. Would like to send a text from any place. Easily.

launch messenger, hit plus, type name, type message, tap send.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Customizations
    -Messaging Alerts
    -if no cards open or screen is locked, notifications should function like an incoming call
    -differentiate between text/mms and email; selectable tunes or way to notify

-Clock
    -ability to set intervals for snooze on alarm
    -missing timer and stop watch

Music Player
    -should be able to return to last song played when player was closed(dont need to keep player open and have song paused just so i can finish listening to it)
    -a progress bar that can be manipulated

Calculator
    -tip calculator
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Battery life. And the fact the biggest extended battery I can find is only 1350 mAh.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Oh ya and VOICE DIALING!
    Network stability. On the way to work yesterday, got perfect 3G and listened to Pandora. The same route on the way home, got halfway and dropped to 1x for the remainder of the trip.

-n8
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I say we gripe about the gripers!
    Wah, Wah, Wah, Wah, Wah! Agreed. The whining makes coming to the forums not so much fun anymore. Most of us, in transitioning to the Pre, got MANY new features and we're whining about the three or four features that we lost. Get over it. Anyway, they will probably come but it takes time to develop software.
  16.    #36  
    The easiest way to keep it fun is to not waste your time responding on a thread whose title suggests you won't enjoy it.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    (Join Date: May 2009)

The whining makes coming to the forums not so much fun anymore.
    It was better last month???
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Mine would be the weak radio where signal seems to suck compared to by 700p. I am just worried about getting locked into a contract with Sprint. I love the Pre but I hate Sprint. I have had nothing but issues with them. I can live with all the issues on the phone.

I have NO service on my pre at my home where on my treo i had 1-2 bars. I travel and I am afraid I will end up in bad reception areas that the pre cannot handle but the treo 700p could. It is my luck that right after the 30 days test phase is up Palm will release an upgraded version of the pre which will have a better radio.
    Autocomplete, I'm so used to having, it, not having it is very aggrivating
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Inability to save images / audio files from the browser. I'd love to "download" rather than stream some podcasts for reliability, and I'd love to be able search google or elsewhere for images to use as wallpapers and add them to my wallpaper folder.

Otherwise, I absolutely love this phone!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast