Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I recently had to replace my 800w and was given the Treo Pro as a replacement. I have been planning to get the Pre when I can, my upgrade date is August 4.

Is it a reasonable request/expectation to ask for an early upgrade? My company has had 8 lines with Sprint for about 8-10 years. I was hoping to avoid having to set-up and learn a new phone and then turn around and do it again fairly soon. I made a call to Sprint and was told they couldn't do it but to try a local store. The store said that they couldn't either.

Maybe I am expecting too much. I am truly not trying to cheat the system. I just don't want to waste my time on a phone that I will only have for a short time.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    No it isn't. You're being unreasonable.
    [ edited by dieter ]

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...el-sprint.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...e-upgrade.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...e-changed.html

Last but not least, you're in the wrong forum!!!

ALAS!

Switching to polite mode...

1. Hey! Welcome to the forums!
    2. Your topic has actually been addressed already. It's best do to a search for an existing thread to post in instead of starting a new thread. See http://discussion.treocentral.com/1687985-post4.html
    3. Here's the thread for your topic:

See above.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugking View Post
    [ edited by dieter ]

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...el-sprint.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...e-upgrade.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...e-changed.html

ALAS!

2. Your topic has actually been addressed already. It's best do to a search for an existing thread to post in instead of starting a new thread. See http://discussion.treocentral.com/1687985-post4.html

See above.
    Dude, I think you are a post away from starting to make citizens arrests!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugking View Post
    [ edited by dieter ]

ALAS!

2. Your topic has actually been addressed already. It's best do to a search for an existing thread to post in instead of starting a new thread. See ht tp://discussion . treocentral . com/1687985-post4.html

See above.

LOL!! I sooo see you sitting behind your computer in a Hans & Frans grey workout suit, typing away with your chest all bowed out. Awesome!

Anyways. My case is different from the ones that came up in the in the search that I DID run. I was given a replacement phone that was not what I had before. I didn't ask for the TP. When it came in I event told the girl in the store that it was not what I had but she bascially said "oh well". I won't argue the pros and cons of the 2 phones against each other. I just wanted to keep using the same phone I had.

Then when I am told 2 different stories from Sprint reps, you'll just have to excuse me for being a little confused. CS on the phone call tells me the store folks can do it then the store folks say only the corporate reps can. Both reps said they could replace my phone early with a different model but the only way to get the Pre early would be to contact [a store/phone corporate]. (Hence the reason for being in the Pre section..... )

I have been coming to this forum for almost a year and have made 3 or 4 posts, none of which have been trivial posts that would have been answered by a search. So as far as welcoming someone to the website, go find someone that has been here a shorter amount of time than yourself(approximate 17 days?).......
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post
    I recently had to replace my 800w and was given the Treo Pro as a replacement. I have been planning to get the Pre when I can, my upgrade date is August 4.

Is it a reasonable request/expectation to ask for an early upgrade? My company has had 8 lines with Sprint for about 8-10 years. I was hoping to avoid having to set-up and learn a new phone and then turn around and do it again fairly soon. I made a call to Sprint and was told they couldn't do it but to try a local store. The store said that they couldn't either.

Maybe I am expecting too much. I am truly not trying to cheat the system. I just don't want to waste my time on a phone that I will only have for a short time.

Thanks.
    A request is seldom "unreasonable", as long as you are not making demands. With 8 lines though, I'd recommend you not call Sprint CS, but talk to your company's rep. They should have one. Those folks can do many things that regular CSRs can't do.
    i was successful moving from july 1st to the pre's release date. did it through cs chat. took me three tries.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    We don't have a company rep. I have always just called CS for changes and upgrades.

I guess the heart of the matter was the conflicting stories. I am not going to call Sprint and give them an ultimatum about jumping ship or make up some crap that isn't true to get the phone early. I had just assumed that with us paying in excess of $800 per month for as long as we have a couple weeks allowance on an upgrade date wouldn't be too much to ask. But if it is and they are sticking firm to their dates, I'll wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post

Thanks.
    Dude, My situation was 10000 times worse than yours. I had 6 Curves replaced, wasn't eligible until 11/1/09, Sprint Premier Customer, 11yr long customer. They didn't do anything. I got $150 off any phone.. but not this one. Just stuck it up. In the end, I paid retail..
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    That's a lot of 'stick-to-it-iveness' on your part to stay with Sprint after 6 lemons. You are a bigger man than I.

As for retail price, I don't think my YMCA budget can handle that.
    It wouldn't hurt to try. I was just watching this youtube video from this blogger guy with AT&T and they are letting there current customers who are eligible for an upgrade in July, August and September use their upgrade now to get the new iphone when it comes out friday. So tell them this and see what they say. Like I said it can't hurt to try.

Source:
    what do you mean "given as a replacement"? when was the last time you receive an upgrade subsidy by sprint.

Also, when i wasn't eligble, they offered me some money back on my bill so i could put it toward the Pre.

you could ask them for that flat out.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    what do you mean "given as a replacement"? when was the last time you receive an upgrade subsidy by sprint.
    I think they quit making the 800w and have started sending out the Treo Pro as replacements. I do appreciate the fact that the TP is a newer/nicer phone but I didn't want to go through all of the thread reading and moding that goes with getting a new phone. I had everything I needed for the 800 on my PC.

We are corporate-corporate acct members and qualify for upgrades every 12 months.