1.    #1  
    I know the pre has about 256mb of system memory. When you install apps, does it consume that memory? Just wondering where exactly 3rd party apps get installed and what the limitations are on how many can be installed. Anyone know?
    Installed applications go into the 8GB section of the drive--you're not likely to fill that up with apps any time soon. Install away!

By the way, the 256MB of system memory is like the RAM on your computer, it's used only by running applications.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I know the pre has about 256mb of system memory. When you install apps, does it consume that memory? Just wondering where exactly 3rd party apps get installed and what the limitations are on how many can be installed. Anyone know?
    I would say 256 would have nothing to do with the apps. 256MB of ram is random access memory, so that's the memory you use when you have applications and cards open.

To me, it's really about the 7.0GB of user storage that would limit this, or the number of pages that WebOS will allow you to have to put apps on. Although with hacks, we've already seen twice as many pages as we currently have.
  4.    #4  
    Cool, thanks! I'm coming from a Blackberry where apps are installed in the system memory so I always had to be wary of my memory usage.