Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I answered a survey from PALM last week about my experience with thier support. I did not put very favorable answers in that survey. I got a call today from thier support which is a level right below the engineering level. The support I got from them was GREAT. The tech told me that if a PRE user cannot get his problem resolved by the first level then they transfer them over to that support. I brought up some issues that I am having and he took those down and will be talking to the engineers. I mentioned to him about the forum and the tech told me that they are monitoring many forums and they are having meetings every two hours to address the issues. So I guess Palm is listening to us. Which I find very positive. Below are the issues that I discussed with Palm:

1. All day or reocurring appoinitments do not show up in the monthly view.
    2. Cannot turn down the keypad volume with out turning down the alerts from email ot texts.
    3. There is no indication that you have an email or a text if your phone is dark if you have not used it for a while. i.e. no flashing indicator.
    4. I noticed that if you have EAS setup on your phone that the battery seems to be used up quicker.
    5. POP email inbox shows how many messages you have but EAS does not.

I hope these do get resolved soon.
    Any discussion about reception issues cuz my poor recption is killing my love for my Pre!

Thanks for the report!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I did not bring that up. I only discussed the issues I am seeing.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr23 View Post

1. All day or reocurring appoinitments do not show up in the monthly view.
    and rumor is, if you have an all day appt., your alarm clock will not go off until you dismiss the meeting.
    it's very reassuring to know they're monitoring the forums. hopefully they really will take heed and follow up with updates to address our issues.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    It was a nice change to talk to a non outsourced person. (If you know what I mean)
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    That is some great news!! Palm really want to get this right.
    By any chance, did this person give you a phone number to reach them, or at least Tier III Support, directly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    and rumor is, if you have an all day appt., your alarm clock will not go off until you dismiss the meeting.
    This happened to me three days in a row!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I was told by that you wlll need to call into thier published support number first. If that helpdesk cannot solve your problem then they will transfer you over to them.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr23 View Post
    3. There is no indication that you have an email or a text if your phone is dark
    I hope something like Butler can address this . Even though it should be Palm that fixes this first.
    The clock/alarm thing should be a relatively easy software fix. Hopefully they are working on all of those little things that are very annoying yet easy fixes and will roll them out soon in 1.0.3.
    I talked to Tier I, then Tier II to no avail. Tier III will be calling me later as noone was available at the time I dont think. We shall see!
    Good to know they are listening
    I am supposedly supposed to get a call from engineering soon. I have talked to tier 1, 2, and 3. The sprint manager at my local store said he talked to the regional palm rep for the area and was going to have someone from engineering give me a call soon. I don't know when because soon to me is relative. I'm trying to be as patient as possible and potentially might cal sprint again and get a status update.