Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How about a poll for Sprint users comparing the signal quality of their previous phone to the Pre. This poll should be ONLY for those who were with Sprint (did not change carriers) before getting a Pre. 1) better signal quality 2) same signal quality 3) worst signal quality Note which phone you were using before you switched.
    This is by far the worst so far. I have been with Sprint for more than 8 years.
    i have 2 centro's on my account and 1 pre.
    going backwards i have had the pre, instinct, treo 700p, treo 700w, treo 650, samsung M800,treo 600. probably 5 or 6 phones prior to that. I am loving the phone functions, but the signal is horribly bad.
    Were you going to add a poll to this? I had a 755p before this, and my reception is generally about the same.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #3 - worse. I was using a 755p. Had around 3-4 bars at home. With the Pre I was getting 1 bar. I now have an Airave and get 4-5 bars now.
    definatelly worse
    a little worse, there was one spot on my commute home that i would switch to roaming but not drop my call on my instinct (about a 1/4 mile strip) with my pre i get faded signal everytime, annoying but at home it seems to have 1-2 bars more than i use to (also weird) haha Still don't miss my instinct AT ALL expect for fwd of text but that should be solved in a week or two
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I went from a Curve with 2 to 3 bars at home, to the Pre with 1 or 0. That being said I haven't dropped a call yet.

But a free Airave is on the way.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Much worse at home and a little worse in some other places. I also had a defective Pre and returned it for a slightly less defective one lol, and I must say the reception is a tad better on the new one. Anyway I love my Pre!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehoff99 View Post
    This is by far the worst so far. I have been with Sprint for more than 8 years.
    i have 2 centro's on my account and 1 pre.
    going backwards i have had the pre, instinct, treo 700p, treo 700w, treo 650, samsung M800,treo 600. probably 5 or 6 phones prior to that. I am loving the phone functions, but the signal is horribly bad.
    Everything he just said goes for me as well down to past experience on several palm phones, centros recently, and now the horrible Pre reception with an awesome OS etc...
    About the same. I've had Moto Q9c before and that got good reception. Where I live has great Sprint coverage though. In my office, I have 4-5 bars w/ full EVDO. at Home I get 4 bars and use wifi.
    worse, but not by much.
    I am actually highly confused with what people are saying with their service with the PRE.

I came from the now old HTC Touch and I actually get better service with the PRE. Didnt notice much of a change at home...but in my office where there is far more equipment and frequencies running all over the place, the PRE is far better. I constantly have 4 and on and off 5 bars(EV) at work.
  13.    #13  
    Can we get a poll setup? I want to find out how the signal quality of the Pre compares to other phones on Sprint. In my mind signal quality should be the #1 issue Palm needs to work on to make it on par or better than the other phones on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    definatelly worse
    Ditto coming from AT&T, at work and at home.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    mine's about the same overall. It some areas where I used to not get 1 bar, I get 1 or 2 now, and no static on call quality.
    Worse than my 755P
    I came from a Katana DLX, signal on the Pre is definitely worse. I've dropped a couple of calls already and that never happened with the previous phone in the same areas.
    Worse for me. I had a a900 and I had bad reception in the house, 1-2 bars, but rarely dropped calls. Now I can't make a call from the house without breakups or drops. My GF has the instinct and it does a little bit better in the house. It drops calls, but not as bad as the pre.

I'll be calling CS to see if they'll give me an airave in the next day or two.
    I would say mine is exactly the same as with my touch diamond, of course youtube and everything else looks much better, but I'm sure that's cuz of the phone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast