Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    As long I can receive calls, surf the net, and manage my calendar.
    I can wait on the updates and new apps for as long as they need to get it right.

Who is laid back like me? A "when it comes it comes" attitude.
    Last edited by OneSix; 06/17/2009 at 10:06 AM.
    I'd like to see some updates, but agree with your general feeling: if I didn't get another update, I'd still say this is a great phone.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I lied, I am waiting for the update with better battery life that's about it.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Laid back in the cut Cool-Kids-Crew, reporting in.
    +1
    I haven't had any problems with my Pre (knock on wood)! As long as I can text and go online, I'm cool! I wouldn't mind if I could change the notification for texts and maybe a notification light, but if they don't come I'm still keeping my Pre!
    I lurve my Pre! <3
    nope not laid back at all, don't care about to many updates, but applications are a must for this device to be succesfull and so far palm has fallen short. However I'm still keeping my Pre no matter what.
    Last edited by dkotoric; 06/17/2009 at 10:13 AM.
    I think its more of "what am i getting for at least 60-70+ a month"?

It's only human nature to have some buyers remorse or to notice the competition with a full library of apps, video, etc.

Besides, palm doesn't have the best history supporting products or adding new features. There's a lot of trust we're giving a company that's done nothing to deserve it...but has done plenty to expect the opposite.

I'm on my 3rd Pre, have had reception issues on every one of them, and had to do exchanges due to dead/stuck pixels on the first and broken headjack on the second.

Then factor in Palm's history of inept marketing and who they're supposedly targeting, and that's a bit of concern along with Sprint jumping up and down crying about tethering hacking.

Other than that, i'm pretty laid back too
    I feel so lucky - have had no major issues so far (though I live in fear of a cracked screen).

The Pre currently handles just about everything I need as a business and personal device. I'm loving synergy (though the refreshes could be crisper) and other than a distraction or two (maybe solitaire? Some other five minute games?) there's really nothing that feels particularly lacking to me. I'm looking forward to enhancements but at a general level, I'm pretty satisfied that the Pre does what it's intended to do!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Besides, palm doesn't have the best history supporting products or adding new features. There's a lot of trust we're giving a company that's done nothing to deserve it...but has done plenty to expect the opposite.
    Hopefully, they're making it right this time.
    laid back also, apps will come when they come (can't get to many without SDK) but i am really wanting some fwd of text, thats my biggest grip thus far
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    im pretty laid back on this too.....I am pretty content with the Pre so far...It does what I need it to do when I need it.....Sure I would like to see some updates but I'd rather they get them right...So far ive had no real issues ;-)
    Yet another in the boat. As long as I can make calls, I'm cool. Once the novelty wears off (and it hasn't yet!), it's a phone. I can carry ten devices to manage calendars, Twitter, whatever, but if I can't make calls, it won't work for me.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Not laid back, but not unreasonable. The phone is fine how it is but it definitely does require updates.

Personally, I question the build quality and storage capacity so i'm not that attached to the phone because by this time next year i'll be upgrading to a sturdier 32GB Pre Pro.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Laid back here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I think its more of "what am i getting for at least 60-70+ a month"?

It's only human nature to have some buyers remorse or to notice the competition with a full library of apps, video, etc.

I'm on my 3rd Pre, have had reception issues on every one of them, and had to do exchanges due to dead/stuck pixels on the first and broken headjack on the second.

Then factor in Palm's history of inept marketing and who they're supposedly targeting, and that's a bit of concern along with Sprint jumping up and down crying about tethering hacking.

Other than that, i'm pretty laid back too
    Nothing personal directed at you, but If I felt like you do about Palm, I wouldnt have purchased one in the first place...let alone replacing it twice.
  16. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I returned my Pre due to too many hardware issues but I'm laid back in the sense of they can take their time reolving them & I'll get the Pre again. Hopefully they'll increase storage memory to at least 16gb also during that time period.
    Just laid back over here. When an update comes thats great but, until then I'm not stressing about anything on this phone.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Laid back, there are some things I want, but they're not deal breakers. It's world's better than my Mogul and it appears Palm is working on fixes and the SDK will be out soon, so more apps will be developed. It's also good to see it's easily hackable.
  19. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    laid back n chillin
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Not laid back, but not unreasonable. The phone is fine how it is but it definitely does require updates.

Personally, I question the build quality and storage capacity so i'm not that attached to the phone because by this time next year i'll be upgrading to a sturdier 32GB Pre Pro.
    How much musics or movies do you really need? lolz

I'm curious in what do ppl fill their phone with especially iphone owner with 32GB.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast