Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Just curious, but are there any programs that I can get on my computer where I can download a movie and drag and drop it on the pre and have it work? The movies I have on Itunes don't work on the pre. I read on these forums somewhere that the vids aren't compatible. But...I'm looking for a similar program to itunes that I can do this with. I'm guessing Amazon doesn't do that in their store on the pre? Any other guesses as to what I should do? What are you all doing to get video's on the pre? Thanks,
    Chris
    Are asking how to actually get them moved over to the pre or how to get them transcoded into a format that the pre will play?

I just use USB mode to move the files from my computer to the pre. As far as video formats, I use xvid4psp and convert videos using the iphone/itouch profile and they play fine. There are quite a few freeware video converting utilities available.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    thanks, i guess i'm asking two things... how to get vids from itunes onto the pre (which you answered) and if there is another program to download video's from (another type of itunes that i can avoid having to transcode).
    I use the Cucusoft video to ipod converter. Then I just drag and drop it into the pre and it works just fine
    The masses won't do all this converting though.

I think the OP wants something similar to Itunes that can download drm video to play on the pre. Hasn't happened yet (that i know of...but you'd think Amazon would be the one). You'll have to convert DVDs pretty much. Torrent downloads can be converted but its kind of illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Torrent downloads can be converted but its kind of illegal.
    Isn't that like "sort of pregnant"...?
    Anything that will convert to iPod or PSP playable formats will work for the Pre.
    DVD Catalyst will convert DVDs to a mobile format. And it's free.
    You can use Fair Use Wizard to rip and convert your DVDs to iPhone/Pre compatible formats. Then just drag and drop.
    I use Handbrake which has an iPod Touch profile preconfigured for converting, works great and is free.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/17/2009 at 04:09 PM.