1.    #1  
    Hi all.
    I have two dead pixels.. on in the left center and one near the bottom center.

To be honest I don't even notice them unless I'm on a pure white background, but I know they're there.
    Everything else on the phone is perfect, slider is great, volume buttons fine, battery life is great now, etc...

I really have two opinion questions:
    1. Should I even bother returning it since I never notice them anyway and there's nothing else wrong with the phone.
    2. Even if I did try to return it, would they even exchange it? I know most places say they won't exchange unless there are a certain number of dead pixels and it's usually 5 or more.

I'm thinking since I hardly notice the pixels I should hang on to the phone and not even bother with the exchange, just wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    I have one dead pixel, but I don't notice it except when I restart and see one pixel on an otherwise black screen. I just decided it wasn't worth it to try to replace it, as it really isn't noticeable.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I have two little dead pixels on mine as well, but I am also having an issue with the keyboard squeaking and a lil nick that I put into the screen. Not to mention I had to mcguiver the phone battery so it doesn't turn off when I slam it shut/open. I am going to call up and get a new one I think just because I want to have it perfect.

This phones software=awesome, the hardware...good but not great! Love the phone though, no regreats
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donald.aleshire View Post
    I have two little dead pixels on mine as well, but I am also having an issue with the keyboard squeaking and a lil nick that I put into the screen. Not to mention I had to mcguiver the phone battery so it doesn't turn off when I slam it shut/open. I am going to call up and get a new one I think just because I want to have it perfect.

This phones software=awesome, the hardware...good but not great! Love the phone though, no regreats
    I would imagine that slamming it shut and open isn't covered under the warranty. And putting a nick in the screen is an ID 10 T error not Palm's fault. Just some observations.

As for returning for two dead pixels - I wouldn't bother - My PSP had a few dead pixels - I returned it (this was years ago) and I got one with even more dead pixels. I should clarify, mine weren't dead pixels - they were emitting light which is classified as stuck pixels.

Regards,

Moon
    I've got a stuck pixel from day one but I only see it when I am on a black screen and looking at the right angle. With most LCDs a few are expected unfortunately.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, I agree with you guys.. I'm just going to hang on to the one I have, like I said it's otherwise perfect and I hardly see them so it's all good.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i've never had an lcd or any other device that had stuck pixels that could not be fixed by the fingernail trick.

*knocks on wood*
    ya I have the same issue, I have a few dead pixels but they are not noticable unless I restart the phone, I will keep it for now but I'm thinking on day 29 I will exchange it as my slider is starting to become loose as well.
    Maybe it's just me or maybe I'm the only one that has to work for a living.... but when I pay $300 for a phone it better work exactly as it should. Stuck pixels are not acceptable. Yes, they can be a byproduct in the LCD manufacturing process, but I've never had problems finding LCD products in the past without this problem.
    ya but if you don't think its worth the hassle then why exchange it, nobody will ever notice that my phone has a dead pixel, I was actually showing one of my co-workers who also has a pre and he said quit wasting time I can't see anything, but still I agree the product should be perfect.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I had this same problem with stuck pixels. With my first Pre, the stuck pixel was visible in the phone app and was very bright when I put it on the Touchstone. I replaced it and got one that was overall a better build quality, but had two stuck pixels. Even though I know they're there, I can only see them on a full black background when looking at a specific angle with no outside glare. Other people I show can't even see them.

If everything else is good quality, I would keep it. I'm afraid of getting one with even worse or noticeable problems. Also, if you're like me, having a problem once makes you hypersensitive to every other detail, so you might think you have a bigger problem on the new one when really it's really a normal amount of slider wiggle, etc.

It would be nice if it was perfect, but there's just not unlimited stock to keep swapping for, and it's impossible to notice every type of problem in store, given the lighting conditions and likelihood of forgetting to look at one little thing.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.
    It's a shame the build quality on these Pres is so horrible that folks are afraid to exchange their semi-defective phones for what might be a real beater....

Hello Palm. Are you reading this? Is there anyone besides a $1/hr starved adolscent running your quality control at Chi Mei Communication Systems?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have 2 stuck pixels on a black background - not worth the exchange...ya never know what your gonna get instead.
    I returned my Touch Pro because of a single dead pixel, and my wife told me I was being severely OCD about it. Since then, I've concluded that she's right and not to be so persnickety about it.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    My Pre has 1 dead pixel, and I didn't even notice until I started visiting this site. I don't think I'm going to exchange it because everything else is solid on the device.