View Poll Results: Choose most serious reason.

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light Leakage

12 4.90%
  • Dead Pixels

29 11.84%
  • Overheating

4 1.63%
  • Crashing

10 4.08%
  • Reception Issues

18 7.35%
  • Cracking

7 2.86%
  • Other

35 14.29%
  • I have no problems with my Pre

130 53.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's try and find out as a percentage , how many pres are defective, and what is the most prevalant problem. Only poll as defective if the problem caused you to either return/exchange your pre, or if you are seriously considering returning/exchanging your pre because of the issue.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    My Pre is perfect and purchased on launch day.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Ditto!!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    If reception doesn't count as a defect then mine's perfect too.
    I put other because my proximity sensor went out on the first one.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I would like to see how many people could, but no longer can open their phones slider using one hand. I could when I got it on opening day, but now when I try, it just catches on the keyboard and will not slide up unless I use two hands and grab it from the top and sides..

sigh
    An estimated guess from reading these forums would tell me Receptions is #1 , Dead Pixels #2 , Light Leakage #3 and Slider issues #4. seems the 4 most pressing issues with this phone. But reception and Pixels seem to dominate this forum.
    Hopefully everyone will vote so we get a large enough sample size. I would think if we could get 500 people to vote, that would be a good (though not scientific) poll.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Hopefully everyone will vote so we get a large enough sample size. I would think if we could get 500 people to vote, that would be a good (though not scientific) poll.
    No, not scientific at all. It would be heavily weighed towards both Palm and Palm Pre enthusiasts (who, as enthusiasts, are notoriously picky) and the people coming here just because they have a problem. The average user probably isn't in either camp.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    other: blotching or whatever its called but doesnt bother me, yet.
    People have signed up in recent days only because they had a problem.

There are many people (like two of my friends) who have absolutely no issue with the phone who wouldn't sign up for this forum to talk about how awesome it is.

Its the way of the internet. (p.s....dead pixels is inherent in any LCD technology and i wouldn't really count that in a defect list to be honest).
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    With all the posts about people upset i was expecting more defects.
    My 3.5mm is jacked. I have to go get a new one, my Pre thinks that there's headphones in there all of the time so I cant speak nor hear on phone calls, cant stream music to the external speaker, cant stream music to the bluetooth stereo, cant stream music to my BT headphones yada yada yada.
  14. APK
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I would be curious to know if the users having problems had a phone that came in the black or yellow box and the build date. Are the phones coming out now having less problems?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by APK View Post
    I would be curious to know if the users having problems had a phone that came in the black or yellow box and the build date. Are the phones coming out now having less problems?
    I had the black sleeved box from launch day and I had several dead pixels as well as severe heat. My new yellow sleeved Pre has 1 dead pixel that you can barely see on the boot up screen only, it seems to respond and load screens quicker and I no longer have excessive heat issues.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I also had the black-sleeved box on launch day that was DOA. Wouldn't boot at all. Got a replacement that same day, still black-sleeved. No problems so far.
    I have a black sleeved box from launch day and it works perfect.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Black sleeve, messed up 3.5mm jack.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'd put reception with battery life. Not so much a manufacturing defect other than a software/hardware engineer thing.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    An estimated guess from reading these forums would tell me Receptions is #1 , Dead Pixels #2 , Light Leakage #3 and Slider issues #4. seems the 4 most pressing issues with this phone. But reception and Pixels seem to dominate this forum.

Yea, I've got light leakage and slider issues...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast