View Poll Results: Choose most serious reason.

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light Leakage

12 4.90%
  • Dead Pixels

29 11.84%
  • Overheating

4 1.63%
  • Crashing

10 4.08%
  • Reception Issues

18 7.35%
  • Cracking

7 2.86%
  • Other

35 14.29%
  • I have no problems with my Pre

130 53.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I always see mention of the Black and yellow boxes. Anyone else have the white box? My box has totally white sides and a picture of a Pre with a sunflower on it on the top. The sides of the box has nothing. There is no yellow except the sunflower picture. is this considered the yellow box?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I always see mention of the Black and yellow boxes. Anyone else have the white box? My box has totally white sides and a picture of a Pre with a sunflower on it on the top. The sides of the box has nothing. There is no yellow except the sunflower picture. is this considered the yellow box?
    When they say "box" they are actually reffering to the plastic sleeve around the actual box. All of our boxes are white.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I have a few dead pixels but that is tolerable. What's not is the power button now doesn't work. Pressing on it, doesn't do anything. Only had it for a little over 2 week (since June 6th).
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I have a black sleeved box from launch day and it works perfect.
    Same here except mine gets warm below the battery. Other than that it is great. My blotches are not really noticeable.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    When they say "box" they are actually reffering to the plastic sleeve around the actual box. All of our boxes are white.
    They are actually different, the boxes that is. Both are white but with different images So is the insert material.

Sorry about the mess. No there were no winners on the lottery tickets.
    I noticed about 5 dead pixels on mine when I restarted it the other day. But I can only see them on the loading black screen. I never notice them and they aren't very visible when I use my phone.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Pre was bought on launch day and has been nothing but perfect.
    Stuck/Dead pixels on both replacement Pres. I'm gonna swap out again when I get back on Monday from my vacation but its slightly irritating that I'm part of a minority... Here's to hoping that the 3rd one does the trick!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I had a black box on launch day and haven't had any complaints or problems at all.

And thanks mrloserpunk for the picture of both boxes. I have not seen the white/yellow box until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    They are actually different, the boxes that is. Both are white but with different images So is the insert material.

Sorry about the mess. No there were no winners on the lottery tickets.
    Cheez-its rock!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I'm going to say that this poll is useless and quite possibly harmful to the Pre's image.

This forum, though quite popular, doesn't represent the majority of Pre users.

Also, there are tons of silent users that visit this forum - the type that try to learn stuff but don't actually post or vote. Which is a shame because we need to offset the number of troll posts we have here.

Finally, it is harmful for the Pre's image because this extremely small sampling shows (at the time of this post) a 48% defect rate. Now I'm going to assume most of us are intelligent enough to shrug off useless statistics - but you can't count on all users to be the thinking type. Why buy a Pre when "apparently" half of them are defective!? Ugh...

Seriously - threads like this do nothing more but give more power to a very vocal minority. If your pre is defective - sorry. Exchange it. The chances of a second defective device is quite slim. If your second pre is defective - sorry. Exchange it. The chances of a third defective device is quite slim. If your third pre is defective, God never wanted you to have one. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    How many posters are there total on this board? Compare the number of reported problems to that number. 53384 people registered on the board, who have all posted at least once (since you don't need to register unless you want to post), but that's probably not a good measure of activity. 36769 have posted twice, that might be better. So far around 100 reports of problems, although the poll hasn't been up too long. So let's see how the ratio works out.

As for the poll, I found a stuck pixel on the first Pre, while they were still setting it up (hadn't even finished in the Sprint store). Exchanged without any problems. The one I have now is perfect.
    mine turned off randomly.
    yellowish light leakage in first Pre after about 2 days it starting going away I still exchanged it hoping the rep;lacement one was from a new batch. Have the same light problem yellowish dots, which I read soemwhere will go away after a few charges, if not i will be exchanging #3.
    Other - the keyboard died yesterday and had to return the device.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12