1.    #1  
    For work currently we supply our engineers with an Asus EEE PC (Original 7" screen) with a mobile data USB dongle.

They take pictures and notes and then upload them via the laptop. This is a bit cumbersome because they have to switch on the laptop, then connect to the network and then take out the sd card and slot it into the Laptop before uploading.

I was at first a bit disapointed that the Pre did not have an sd card slot. But from what I have read - it's powerful enough for our needs.

But will there be anyway to connect devices to the Pre or even a sd card reader?

The Pre 3MP camera is not up to the standard we need although it is good looking at the pics people have taken. But in low light situations it may be found out.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    From the picture you can email it. The alternatives would require a hack. You can turn on sftp and move them with some simple scripts
    If I read it right, I think the OP means they they would like to connect the camera or a usb reader directly to the phone. Right now there is now way to do that and I am not sure if there will be an app for that.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlil242 View Post
    If I read it right, I think the OP means they they would like to connect the camera or a usb reader directly to the phone. Right now there is now way to do that and I am not sure if there will be an app for that.
    That's what I mean.

I know there is a wifi sd card by Eye-FI but having used that I am not really too impressed as its really locked down - you can't send pics directly to a phone - have to go through their upload service.