Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok so i put on one of the invisible shields about 14 hours ago. well i just tried turning my pre on, and it looks pretty bad. there is definitely water damage on it...ive installed a few of these shields on phones and ipods before, but for some reason, i guess i messed this one up, and i know now that i definitely should have taken it to a retailer to do it... my question is, do you think that i could exchange it since it still hasn't been 30 days yet, or since it is damaged, will they not take it back and will i hve to pay a 100 dollar deductible to get a new one? also i bought it from a radio shakc, not sprint, do i need to go to radio shack to replace it or will sprint just do it for me, if they allow it at all? someone please help, i am actually really sad, i had taken really good care of this phone and now i think it is messed up...
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    ok so i put on one of the invisible shields about 14 hours ago. well i just tried turning my pre on, and it looks pretty bad. there is definitely water damage on it...ive installed a few of these shields on phones and ipods before, but for some reason, i guess i messed this one up, and i know now that i definitely should have taken it to a retailer to do it... my question is, do you think that i could exchange it since it still hasn't been 30 days yet, or since it is damaged, will they not take it back and will i hve to pay a 100 dollar deductible to get a new one? also i bought it from a radio shakc, not sprint, do i need to go to radio shack to replace it or will sprint just do it for me, if they allow it at all? someone please help, i am actually really sad, i had taken really good care of this phone and now i think it is messed up...
    Are you sure it's toast? You should try to dry it out first. There are lot's of DIY tricks for drying out electronics... including cat litter

Unless you got some adhesive inside the phone or something, it should be okay. Don't give up yet.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    My Zagg will be here shortly and I (obviously) want to avoid any similar issue with my brand new baby.

Since you have put one on successfully before, any idea how you might have messed this one up (so I can know what to avoid)? Do you think you just used too much of the spray? Or did you squeegee (sp?!) too close to one part of the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    My Zagg will be here shortly and I (obviously) want to avoid any similar issue with my brand new baby.

Since you have put one on successfully before, any idea how you might have messed this one up (so I can know what to avoid)? Do you think you just used too much of the spray? Or did you squeegee (sp?!) too close to one part of the phone?
    Always squeegee away from any openings on your phone. It's best that you take the battery out or turn off your phone, also, though it's not necessary. I've found that the spray works bestt when used only modestly (a light spray to cover the surface). You definitely dont need to have it dripping solution everywhere.. other than that, just follow directions.

OP, you may want to try a dehydrating crystal like dririteor, like groovy said, the dehydrating additive to cat litter. google is your friend in this case
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    My Invisible Shield is waiting for me at home. Once I saw the extremely precise sculpting (e.g. SHARP lol) edges of the Pre I thought, "There's no way in hell im gonna get this right" and never installed it.

Im glad I read this because there was still a very small chance I would use it, but not anymore. Sorry about your Pre and I hope it returns to glory for you!
    I bought 3 best skins ever and chickened out putting one on. I just decided to keep it in its pouch for now and be really careful.

Eventually I would like to get a nice leather pouch..
    Don't feel bad. I just got my Pre yesterday and installed the invisibleshield. Before I put the shield on everything was perfect. Afterwards there were 12 dead pixels and some sort of delamenation underneath the plastic part of the screen. Taking it back this morning. Such a downer.

I think the solution can too easily find it's way to the inside of this phone.
    oh man, this thread totally got me nervous. installed my bodyguardz last night. haven't turned it back on yet, so don't know if i did any damage yet, but it's just got me second guessing myself whether i used to much solution. i dont think i did, but did i?
    also, buy insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    also, buy insurance.
    definitely
    Mine is waiting at home. Where do you think you got the solution in your phone exactly?
    I over applied the solution on my ghost armor shield and the shield was sliding all over the place. I let it dry for 2 hours and it looked fine. 2 days later you can't tell it's on. Just give it a few days to dry completely.
    Try uncooked rice. Helps pull any liquid out.

In my case, I applied a BSE skin the other day, and that thing was WET. I just put a towel over it so any liquid would soak into it before I started squeegeeing. I also had the battery out, so that could help.
    I applied mine with no problems last night, though it is a little crooked and wondering if I can take it off and reapply it (but im not really too picky about that).

If you guys are undsure, you can take it to any Zagg dealer and have them install it. Worst case, you pay the $3 or so and walk out with a perfectly done shield. Best is free..

Using a paper towel over the shield when you squeegee also helps keep moisture out of holes.
  15.    #15  
    ok i let it dry a little bit longer since i first posted this. what i think happened was that maybe i did use alot of liquid? idk. anyway it's starting up better now, it's not pixalated or anything like it was this morning. however, there are like idk shapes or something in the background of the phone...it looks like water that hasnt been dried yet, but i'm not sure what it is...if it is just water, hopefully then my phone will be ok, but i'm not yet sure. i am going to the sprint repair store to ask them what it is, and see what i can do...but i called a sprint store and they told me that i would probably have to go through insurance and pay a deductible to get a new one, so i'm not sure yet what to do...
    I put on a full invisible shield and I have had no problems. You have to be patient and let it sit for a day or so before you see the best results. Makes my pre look much sharper now
    if it doesn't trip the water damage sensor, then maybe there isn't a deductible?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ogremustcrush View Post
    Try uncooked rice. Helps pull any liquid out.

In my case, I applied a BSE skin the other day, and that thing was WET. I just put a towel over it so any liquid would soak into it before I started squeegeeing. I also had the battery out, so that could help.
    Same thing here with my Clear Protector screen guard.
    Is there a water damage sensor in these phones?
  20.    #20  
    where is the water damage sensor located? i keep reading online that there is a sticker on some phones but i can't find it...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast