Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Well take no comfort in thinking that having a retailer install this is any better a way to go. I have the Evo and I had mine installed at Best Buy, cost me 8 dollars to do so. It is extremely water damaged and the store manager told me "it was impossible for that to happen and they are not responsible and there is nothing that can be done about it." Nice huh? So if you do have it installed, have witness from another staff member of your phones condition beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscoop View Post
    Well take no comfort in thinking that having a retailer install this is any better a way to go. I have the Evo and I had mine installed at Best Buy, cost me 8 dollars to do so. It is extremely water damaged and the store manager told me "it was impossible for that to happen and they are not responsible and there is nothing that can be done about it." Nice huh? So if you do have it installed, have witness from another staff member of your phones condition beforehand.
    your sprint sales rep does it for free. when i bought my brother and sister their epics, the guy unboxed, activiate and put on a privacy screen free of charge. the privacy screen itself was free too. he is a nice guy, corporate store in costa mesa, ca.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I've tried twice to get one of these things on my phone and failed both times.

Nice concept but not very practical.
    Quote Originally Posted by friedchicken View Post
    your sprint sales rep does it for free. when i bought my brother and sister their epics, the guy unboxed, activiate and put on a privacy screen free of charge. the privacy screen itself was free too. he is a nice guy, corporate store in costa mesa, ca.
    The Sprint Corporate store here said they don't carry or install invisishield due to the likelihood of damage. :/
    I've put 3 InvisiShields on and have had no major incidents except for when I forgot to punch out the microphone hole and people couldn't hear me for a day or so until I figured it out. I've also used them within a couple of hours, 3 or 4 was usually enough for me, I usually put it under a table lamp to speed up the drying process.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    water damage sensor is near the battery, white by default and red when damaged. Also the yellow lining also is a moisture sensor and will turn green should any major moisture penetrate the phone. (dropping in liquid) not applying water based sprays for shields unless you soak ur phone in the liquid.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I've installed Best Skins Ever on 3 MP3 players, 2 Blackberries, and 2 car stereo faceplates, and I have a Wrapsol on my Pre... I've never had a problem. In my experience, as long as you don't soak the phone and you give it enough time to dry out, you should be OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscoop View Post
    If you paid to have your invisible shield installed at Best Buy and your device was damaged by an agent of Best Buy, then you can file a lawsuit in small claims court for the replacement of your device. Depending on what state your from, Best Buy will have to hire local counsel to appear in court. Did I mention that it will cost thousands of dollars to retain local counsel? Unlike a criminal case where it must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, in a civil case, it must be proven that it is more likely than not, that your device was damaged at Best Buy during the installation of the invisible shield. I would fight them on this. The manager's input means absolutely nothing. The manager's job is to diffuse crisis and discourage and further action. I would even inform the CEO of Best Buy about your case. Many company's try to shield themselves by claiming they were not away of the situation. This is why its important to put everyone on notice. Take them to court. You will win and have a new phone.
    I just got the Phantom Skinz matte finish skin for my Pre Plus. I was so nervous putting it on cuz the directions say to submerge the whole skin in water before applying. I thought to myself, that cant be good but whatever. Everything turned out fine though. And I guess as a short review, the matte finish looks slick. When turned off, the front almost matches the touchstone cover on the back. Having a screen that doesn't collect finger prints is awesome. The feel of the screen is nice and doesn't seem to take away any of the screen sensitivity. The ONLY problem I have with it is that it kinda blurs the screen. Not a lot, but noticeably. I'm keeping it on for now cuz I got kinda used to it and still like the over all look. Anyway...thats my post. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    ok i let it dry a little bit longer since i first posted this. what i think happened was that maybe i did use alot of liquid? idk. anyway it's starting up better now, it's not pixalated or anything like it was this morning. however, there are like idk shapes or something in the background of the phone...it looks like water that hasnt been dried yet, but i'm not sure what it is...if it is just water, hopefully then my phone will be ok, but i'm not yet sure. i am going to the sprint repair store to ask them what it is, and see what i can do...but i called a sprint store and they told me that i would probably have to go through insurance and pay a deductible to get a new one, so i'm not sure yet what to do...
    Put your phone in a container of rice and the rice will draw out any moisture. I have known people that have dropped their phones in the bathtub and still managed to get them back up an running with the rice trick. Worth a shot!!! As for installing invisible shields, its really not that bad I have never bought the whole wrap around shield but have put on just the screen protector form invisible shield twice and currently using an I-shield which I found went on much easier and not any flaws in the shield itself after it has dried. I found that the invisible shield by zagg had a lot of flaws in it that you could see after it was on the phone and all dried up. Make sure when applying any of these screen protectors to put a fair amount of the solution on you fingures this helps alot. Good luck to all and don't be scared to install them, just be patient!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234