Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If it is convenient, I would suggest having the invisi-shield employees install it. It is only $5 for the screen shield and well worth it. I think it is $10 for the full body.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I don't think he is even talking about internal water damage I think he is just seeing distortion from a bad install. Before you run back to Radio shack take of the protector and wipe your phone down then look at it.
  3.    #23  
    i already took the protector off, and it's still messed up looking...i am going in a minute to sprint to ask them if it's water damage or if it's just a messed up screen, hopefully they can help, but i bet they will just say water damage the minute i tell them i put on a shield...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Before you say ANTHING about water damage to ANYONE, make sure by checking the sticker yourself. Once you say it, it can't be un-said!

That said, I don't own a Pre, but in most phones, the sticker is usually located in the battery compartment (thank goodness the Pre have a removable battery!). This is because it's easy for a store to check.

iPhones have the stickers inside, so the only way to check is let a Apple Store techie do it.

So becareful what you say - you may not have tripped the sticker, but once the words "water damage" leaves your mouth, it doesn't matter what the sticker says.
    it is next to the microusb port
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    it is next to the microusb port

Last edited by i700plus; 06/17/2009 at 11:22 AM.
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

its inside the phone, you'd have to open the phone to see it
  8.    #28  
    ok well i just got back, and it was water damage...now i have to call asurion to get a new pre...hopefully they have them in the warehouse. anyway, i do not think i will be getting another screen protector for it, or at least not one that uses water or anything...i am going to wait for seidio to make their innocase. the only way i will get another screen protector for it is if i can get someone to do it for me, and if they will assure me this won't happen to my phone again....
    that stinks, how long did you let it dry out before you turned your phone back on? can you not try the rice/cat litter method of totally drying it out?
    See this is exactly why I think it's stupid to use "solution" on a phone like that. Especially when you're asked to squeegee the liquid out towards the outside "avoiding any openings".

I knew this would happen and I was right.

I'll stick to the other method (non solution involved)
  11. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Got on to post a similar thread, and spotted this one. I got my Invisible Shield in the mail today and was eager to put it on. I've installed these things a countless number of times before (I've become a kind of pro with this lol) and got it all done and practically perfect.

Thought all was well until I tried using the volume buttons. They didn't work. The phone kept thinking I had the lower volume button held down and the volume up button wouldn't work. That's since gone away but now it thinks the raise volume button is being held down and the lower volume button won't work.

I should've taken the precaution of turning my phone off (I've never done this before but I'm an ***** and should've done it anyways) and I should've used a towel or something to catch excess solution, I'm just hoping that it fixes itself. The fact that it switched from the lower to the upper volume button gives me hope in the fact that I know the buttons work, its just getting confused or something.

I'm thinking its not that the other button doesn't work, just that the other button can't be pressed when one is already being held down. Can someone test their phone to see if this is the case?

I would turn it off and just let it set for a while, but the power button stopped working (it was working a few minutes ago, so I'm not too worried about that).

If worst comes to worse, I call ZAGG and get a free replacement and take my Pre in and get it replaced. Luckily I have insurance on my line. I would just REALLY like to not go through that whole hassle. Especially since I've been messing around with rooting and whatnot and have a few customizations I would rather not do again.
    even with insurance, if it's water damage, it's $100 deductible
  13. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    even with insurance, if it's water damage, it's $100 deductible
    Well then I guess I'll just have to hope it either fixes itself or didn't get close enough to the water sensor.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Not to sound mean but if you are causing damage putting these things on then the problem has got to be the user, not the product.

If a product routinly did somehting like this it would not be successfull and would not be getting highly rrecommended in forums, including this site.

I put my bodygaurdz screen on the front only of my pre on monday night. Only sprayed the solution on the back of the protective film itself and spread it around with my finger. Kept the phone on top of a micro cloth the whole time and every time I pushed any water out the edges I had the cloth right next to the edge to soak up the liquid.

By the way, this was the first time I had installed one of this things on any electronic device. I suggest doing what others have said. Go to you tube and watch the videos, take your time. It doesn't take 20 mins. I spent over an hour getting it just right. I also put the phone on my coffee table with a fan blowing on it all night to help it dry out.
    Last edited by Rkolodz1; 06/17/2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I was considering having one "professionally" installed at a Mall booth. Anyone have a bad experience going that route?

Does the company accept responsibility if the phone gets water damaged while one of their "professionals" is installing it?
  16. R3Z
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkolodz1 View Post
    Not to sound mean but if you are causing damage putting these things on then the problem has got to be the user, not the product.
    While I'm on the losing end of this, I agree. You guys really have to be careful putting these on. I felt too comfortable putting these things on, having put on many in the past, and did not take the necessary precautions.

On a more positive note, my Pre's lower volume button and power button work properly now. My raise volume button however does not. Hopefully it starts working here in the next couple hours or tomorrow. If not, I may just deal with it or create some sort of hack to raise the volume in the software without the button.
    I've installed Best Skins Ever on my phone without any problems. One question to the OP, when adding the skin to the back piece of the phone, did you remove that back piece and installed the skin away from the phone? I had a friend who graduated with a law degree, he was so nervous that he didn't even think of installing the skin to backpiece with it removed from the phone. He was lucky enough to not get it damaged.

The front of the phone have very little holes that it would be almost impossible for water to go through unless you soaked it. I think it might have been the backpiece that messed up the phone. The speaker phone have a lot of holes and I believe water seeped through those holes. Just a tip for everyone installing, remove the backpiece when installing the skin on the backside!

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate events. I still recommend installing the shields, just try your best at using less water as possible.
    i totally agree it's user error. i just haven't done this before, and there was some conflicting info. the video for bodyguardz said that you can not use too much solution, and i read somewhere else in the forums that it's ok if some water goes in the holes. the thing is, it was a lot easier to get the film to be in the exact place when there is a lot of solution. when i first tried it and use just a little bit of solution, it kept sticking to the phone and i had to peel it off and reapply over and over. when i put enough solution on that it was able to glide around, it just made it easier to position.
  19.    #39  
    no i totally agree it was my fault, like someone else said, i felt too comfortable doing it i guess. i had done it alot of times before and i guess i just used too much water. also, i did not take the back piece off of the phone, which might have been the other reason it messed up so bad. anyway, i just got done filling out and faxing my paper work to asurion, and now i just have to wait...thanks guys for all the input
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Got my invisible shield yesterday and just installed it. I went rather light on the spray and its looking pretty good sans a few bubbles on the screen. I got it lined up perfectly. I just hope in 24 hours Im not seeing the bubbles.

Thinking about leaving it in the sunny window for a few hours.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast