Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    When I first got the Pre it was perfect, I got all my Synergy going, got the music on there with perfect Album Cover art and all.

    Now I have a few issues which are critical to me.

    1.) On an incoming call I answer and no audio works, in or out. As soon as I set it to speakerphone the call works perfectly. Obviously this is a critical issue as this is a phone

    2.) A2DP (BT 2.0) has stopped working with my BT Headphones and A2DP Car Stereo. It pairs fine and calls work perfectly using both the stereo and headphones, but music will not work. I have tested the A2DP with both of these on my Treo 650 (AudioGalaxy or whatever its called) and it works fine.

    3.) Music wont even come out of the external speaker on the Pre


    I have done soft resets, hard resets. I have verified that I am connecting correctly to the BT devices. After resets nothing is changing. I need to be able to answer calls NOT ON SPEAKER.


    PS. I love the Pre
  2. #2  
    so...take it back. Sounds defective.
  3. #3  
    Have you been using a mini jack on the phone at all?
  4. #4  
    Bring it back and get a new one. Clearly sounds defective to me.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    When I first got the Pre it was perfect, I got all my Synergy going, got the music on there with perfect Album Cover art and all.

    Now I have a few issues which are critical to me.

    1.) On an incoming call I answer and no audio works, in or out. As soon as I set it to speakerphone the call works perfectly. Obviously this is a critical issue as this is a phone

    2.) A2DP (BT 2.0) has stopped working with my BT Headphones and A2DP Car Stereo. It pairs fine and calls work perfectly using both the stereo and headphones, but music will not work. I have tested the A2DP with both of these on my Treo 650 (AudioGalaxy or whatever its called) and it works fine.

    3.) Music wont even come out of the external speaker on the Pre


    I have done soft resets, hard resets. I have verified that I am connecting correctly to the BT devices. After resets nothing is changing. I need to be able to answer calls NOT ON SPEAKER.


    PS. I love the Pre
    I believe all three of your issues are related. Your phone thinks a pair of headphones is plugged in to the jack. Try plugging and unplugging, you may get it to work again. There are other threads here on this issue.
  6. #6  
    That's not normal, get a new one!
    I take that back. While I would get a new one because its happening so soon, if it is the stuck headphone jack issue it is a common palm issue. As suggested try slowly putting it in and out to see if it registers the change...
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 06/16/2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Second thought
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I believe all three of your issues are related. Your phone thinks a pair of headphones is plugged in to the jack. Try plugging and unplugging, you may get it to work again. There are other threads here on this issue.
    Exactly what I was getting at. Ha...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinJay View Post
    Exactly what I was getting at. Ha...
    Ive tried plugging and unplugging and plugging and unplugging over and over and over with no success. How isnt there an "Audio Out Preferences" section?

    You guys are right though, my Pre is locking to a default of "AUDIO OUT = HEADPHONE JACK".

    But it has to be a hardware issue because software resets arent fixing. God I hope some Sprint Stores in San Diego have the Pre!!
  9. JayC3's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    Ive tried plugging and unplugging and plugging and unplugging over and over and over with no success. How isnt there an "Audio Out Preferences" section?

    You guys are right though, my Pre is locking to a default of "AUDIO OUT = HEADPHONE JACK".

    But it has to be a hardware issue because software resets arent fixing. God I hope some Sprint Stores in San Diego have the Pre!!
    I had the same issue with my Treo 650 & 680 before. I had to replace the 680 (which was still on warranty at that time) to have it fixed. It seems this problem comes free with some pre's

    Hope you have it replaced ASAP! Good luck
  10. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    Ive tried plugging and unplugging and plugging and unplugging over and over and over with no success. How isnt there an "Audio Out Preferences" section?

    You guys are right though, my Pre is locking to a default of "AUDIO OUT = HEADPHONE JACK".

    But it has to be a hardware issue because software resets arent fixing. God I hope some Sprint Stores in San Diego have the Pre!!
    Keep plugging and unplugging until it works. It took me about 20 to 30 tries to get mine out of headphone mode.

    Soft resetting won't help as it's a hardware issue. Palms are notorious for their bad headphone jacks.

    Keep at it.
  11. Degoluce's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #11  
    Was it the headphones that came with the phone that got it stuck? I love those headphones and now you've scarred me from using them. I think I'd be a lot better off if I just stopped looking at the forum; I haven't had any problems at all since release day but I'm afraid somethings going to happen. Stop spreading fear!
  12. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #12  
    I had the same issue after I plugged in some headphones I had around (not the ones that come with the Pre). To resolve it I took off the battery cover, removed the battery, put the battery back in, and snapped the cover back on firmly. All this reseating did the trick. Now I only use a stereo bluetooth headphone to listen to music.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  13. #13  
    Hey, it's a 1.0 device, what did you expect? Palm has update coming. Stop whining. (Tongue firmly in cheek.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  14. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #14  
    not normal. pandora works through my speakers. get a replacement.

Posting Permissions