Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hi,

Has anyone been able to stream Sirius online? If so, how?

Thanks,

GP
    No luck here, it'd be great if we could get this working though..
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    I thought I saw this at everythingpre forums. I believe they have a stream on their website. Must be a subscriber.
    I think I also saw the Sprint tv app hasd some sirius channels.

Not sure, I'm glued to Pandora....
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I saw the Iphone is getting a Sirius app this week, I hope we get one too.
    I've been using Pandora in my car much more than Sirius this week.
    An app would still be nice though.
    Pandora = Your style of the music, the way you want it with no BS.

Sirius/XM = Their style of music, the way they think you want it. Also, with lots of mindless DJ chatter sprinkled on top.

Im an XM subscriber & have been for about 5 years now. But they're reeking more & more like FM everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Im an XM subscriber & have been for about 5 years now. But they're reeking more & more like FM everyday.
    Yeah. I'm hoping we get an MLB audio streaming app on the Pre at some point. Then I can cancel my XM.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Sirius/XM = Their style of music, the way they think you want it. Also, with lots of mindless DJ chatter sprinkled on top.
    Who cares about the music. I want my Howard Stern.
    I stopped using XM after the merge as they got rid of some of my favorite channels. I have been listening to Pandora and Slacker both on the computer and my iPhone. Now that I switched over to the Pre, I hope Slacker will have an app for the Pre. Then I will be set with having Pandora and Slacker to choose from.

- Garrett
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I would want the app just for Howard and two other stations. XMU and BPM
    I'm still with XM because it is still the best option for me and the people on the family plan not happy with all the extra jingles and general sound quality sucking.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    wont work through the browser... the player isnt supported.... i would love to get an app for this tho :P
    i think the player through the browser uses flash, so won't work (for now). there was a workaround using orb and usirius and an always on pc. never worked for me and my instinct, though. let's just keep our fingers crossed for an app. to bad howard got tired of waiting for the pre and was told it wouldn't work with lotus notes, otherwise he'd be the sirius/xm spokesperson for it, instead of the blackberry whatever he has.

anybody get pocket tunes to work. i know they support palm os, but doesn't look like web os is ready. apparently, you can stream your sirius/xm online acct through that (no extra monthly fee).
    Last edited by cooper1010; 06/17/2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: typo
    I have uSirius installed on a machine at home running Orb 2.0, set up the streams for several channels as favorites, and have been able to stream to my former Treo 755p (with Kinoma) and now my Pre. Unfortunately, uSirius is no longer available for download from the creator.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Machjuan View Post
    Clark Howard? Yeah, he's pretty good but I don't know if I'd get a Sirius app just for him.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    This should work if you can find a copy of uSirius out there.

How to Stream Sirius or XM Satellite Radio to a Mobile Device Digital Jargon
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    I have uSirius installed on a machine at home running Orb 2.0, set up the streams for several channels as favorites, and have been able to stream to my former Treo 755p (with Kinoma) and now my Pre. Unfortunately, uSirius is no longer available for download from the creator.
    i can't get it to work. what's your stream setting at? you using xp or vista?
    I really hope you guys get it soon too... I bought SIRI @ .07 a share and need all you guys on it

I saw the Iphone is getting a Sirius app this week, I hope we get one too.
    I have the uSirius/Orb setup working as well. You need to add your favorite stations individually into Orb, but it's not too bad.

If you have this set up and your stations aren't streaming properly, make sure the mycast.orb.com audio setting on your Pre is set to 3GP-AAC. The other audio choices don't work.

I've had 2 issues with doing this though. First, the stream won't play in the background, so you need to keep the media player card in the foreground to keep the Sirius stream going. Second, the bottom part of my phone (keyboard area) gets very hot within a short amount of time (approx. 10-15 minutes) when streaming anything through Orb on my Pre. I don't have the same heat issue with Pandora (only gets slightly warm), so maybe the Orb client is more CPU intensive? Hopefully, the extra heat from Orb is not harmful to the phone. I'm still within my 30 days and have insurance, so I'll chance it.
    Ahhh. No longer a fan of his foolishness (stern) but bpm... wsirius used to have the beat. Killed it during the merger... Bpm gets going to fast sometimes. Check out my brothers track over @ myspace/subgenre if you like BPM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast