Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62
  1. #21  
    Ive had uSirius runing on my machine at home for streaming sirius on my xbox. I cant believe they stoped working on it! Il have to read this to get my stations on my pre. I loved having sirius on my winmo phone. Pandora is decent, but I really like my sirius music channels and howard stern better. Plus the sirius quality is better now that sirius has upped there online streaming to 128k.
  2. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Pandora = Your style of the music, the way you want it with no BS.

    Sirius/XM = Their style of music, the way they think you want it. Also, with lots of mindless DJ chatter sprinkled on top.

    Im an XM subscriber & have been for about 5 years now. But they're reeking more & more like FM everyday.
    I have both, I have had Sirius for many years and have had XM in my car since August when I bought a new one. I do completely agree that the DJs have GOT to go. I have been complaining about that since I got the service.

    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwp View Post
    I stopped using XM after the merge as they got rid of some of my favorite channels.
    See I was happy with the merge as all but 2 channels I liked remained as they were. I actually thing a couple got better when the merge happened bec the XM version had more obscure/older stuff mixed in and it seems that the sirius version started doing that. I am a little miffed in the electronica dept bec they did get rid of THE BEST channel and I felt the Sirius ones were severly lacking.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    Plus the sirius quality is better now that sirius has upped there online streaming to 128k.
    Did you pay for the higher bitrate? I was grandfathered in to the old subscription rate, with free internet streaming thrown in, but they told me I need to pay for the higher bitrate.
  4. GoBucks1's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Who cares about the music. I want my Howard Stern.
    I agree! Baba Booey to yall!!!!!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Pandora = Your style of the music, the way you want it with no BS.

    Sirius/XM = Their style of music, the way they think you want it. Also, with lots of mindless DJ chatter sprinkled on top.

    Im an XM subscriber & have been for about 5 years now. But they're reeking more & more like FM everyday.
    You are absolutely right. They ruined my two favorite channels, X-Country (now Outlaw Country) and XMU. Smaller playlists and mind numbing DJ's, BLECH! I'm very close to canceling, especially now that in the shop I can just listen to Pandora on my Pre.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Did you pay for the higher bitrate? I was grandfathered in to the old subscription rate, with free internet streaming thrown in, but they told me I need to pay for the higher bitrate.
    How did you get grandfathered in? I was told that in order to keep online streaming, I had to pay more!? I'm still pissed they just randomly took a service I previously had away. One more reason I am close to getting rid of Sirius XM. . .
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky977 View Post
    How did you get grandfathered in? I was told that in order to keep online streaming, I had to pay more!? I'm still pissed they just randomly took a service I previously had away. One more reason I am close to getting rid of Sirius XM. . .
    he may be referring to the lifetime of the radio subscription. i have this and i haven't been effected by the charging online fee at all. so theoretically once and if my stiletto dies i'll be able to get sirius online indefinitely.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBucks1 View Post
    I agree! Baba Booey to yall!!!!!
    Yeah, how is that working out for you? You enjoy subpar radio, and only 4 days a week at that? Howard blows. I tried listening to him when XM had a free week around Memorial Day. They were trying to get people to sign up for Best of Sirius. It was agonizingly aweful! Howie is a whining, self-centered *****.
    "HOO HOO Robin, I invented the Palm Pre"

    I'll take O & A over Howard any day. They are the only reason I HAVEN'T canceled XM yet.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky977 View Post
    How did you get grandfathered in? I was told that in order to keep online streaming, I had to pay more!? I'm still pissed they just randomly took a service I previously had away. One more reason I am close to getting rid of Sirius XM. . .
    In Feb or March they contacted me about keeping the old subscription rate if I prepaid for one or more years in advance (this is around the time of the merger when they were cash hungry). As a bonus, I got internet streaming free. I was CERTAIN they said I would get the faster streams (and have an email from their support staff that sorta confirms it), but was later told I had to pay for the better bitrate.

    I paid for two years (to get through my current car lease and Stern's contract), and will decide then if I will go fully internet streaming via the Pre... or whatever else is coming...
  10. wega1985's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Pandora = Your style of the music, the way you want it with no BS.

    Sirius/XM = Their style of music, the way they think you want it. Also, with lots of mindless DJ chatter sprinkled on top.

    Im an XM subscriber & have been for about 5 years now. But they're reeking more & more like FM everyday.
    Pre + Pandora + $10 Tape adapter = heaven.

    Also a 5+ year XM subscriber; used to consider myself somewhat loyal...even bought the lifetime subscription.

    Once I discovered Pandora in my car, there was no turning back. I can't stand BPM anymore (any residual Alan Freed fans here???)

    I'll take the Pandora Genome over XM any day... I've already cancelled one of my other XM radios.

    Not to mention in my car, the quality of Pandora far exceeds my factory, built-in XM sound quality.
    Last edited by wega1985; 06/17/2009 at 03:23 PM.
  11. #31  
    I got rid of satellite radio the day I got my Treo. Honestly, one of the selling points for smart phones and data plans (for me at least) was that for my $15/month unlimited data plan I could listen to any of thousands of streaming stations in higher quality and at no extra charge. As soon as WebOS gets streaming support up to the point where it was on pOS and WM I will be very happy indeed. Until then, the streams that work and Pandora are plenty for me.
  12. GoBucks1's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky977 View Post
    Yeah, how is that working out for you? You enjoy subpar radio, and only 4 days a week at that? Howard blows. I tried listening to him when XM had a free week around Memorial Day. They were trying to get people to sign up for Best of Sirius. It was agonizingly aweful! Howie is a whining, self-centered *****.
    "HOO HOO Robin, I invented the Palm Pre"

    I'll take O & A over Howard any day. They are the only reason I HAVEN'T canceled XM yet.
    I didn't post that to start a O&A/Howard war on this board and thread. To each his own. If you like them more power to you. I like Stern. I always have. How is regular radio working out for O&A? Oh wait.... They lost all 15 stations because their ratings were that bad. I remember them saying now that Howard was gone they were going to change the face of radio in NY. Yea that worked out real well for them. No one listened and no one cared.

    Like I said I'm not going to be punked into a war on this board. You can say Howard is old and lame and on 4 days a week,but he always beat O&A in the ratings and they could not compete with him gone. I had XM when they were on it. XM wanted people to pay $1.99 for the Virus. Lets see...... hardly anyone bought it. So they passed on the cost to everyone and added the channel for free. Again the old pitiful Howard brought over 5 to 6 million people to Sirius. Not to shabby. People went from free to paying to hear him. There is no way O&A could ever do that. What I have stated is fact. I did not call O&A any names and I do not care to. If you and other like them thats great. I just prefer Howard. Please do not flame me or try to provoke me into a war. Like I said everything I stated about O&A is fact. They're called 0.0 for a reason.
  13. #33  
    ugh you guys are getting pretty annoying. I understand some of you do not like sirius, howard, etc. but This topic about us who want to stream sirius to our pre!
  14. GoBucks1's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    ugh you guys are getting pretty annoying. I understand some of you do not like sirius, howard, etc. but This topic about us who want to stream sirius to our pre!
    I agree. That is why I stated in my post I will not be provoked into a war on this board. I said my peace and I am done. I think I have the right to state why I like Howard. I was asked in that post and I responded. That is all I will say on that subject. I did not join here to bother anyone. I am sorry for that. By the way I love Sirius I have a lifetime subscription. I hope the pre gets it.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
    I have the uSirius/Orb setup working as well. You need to add your favorite stations individually into Orb, but it's not too bad.

    If you have this set up and your stations aren't streaming properly, make sure the mycast.orb.com audio setting on your Pre is set to 3GP-AAC. The other audio choices don't work.

    I've had 2 issues with doing this though. First, the stream won't play in the background, so you need to keep the media player card in the foreground to keep the Sirius stream going. Second, the bottom part of my phone (keyboard area) gets very hot within a short amount of time (approx. 10-15 minutes) when streaming anything through Orb on my Pre. I don't have the same heat issue with Pandora (only gets slightly warm), so maybe the Orb client is more CPU intensive? Hopefully, the extra heat from Orb is not harmful to the phone. I'm still within my 30 days and have insurance, so I'll chance it.
    Thanks for the tip, seahawks. It's disappointing not only that the pre's native media player can't support .wma streaming (which the PalmOS player appears to have from other reports), but that even with the orb workaround, it is not able to stream in the background. I have to say that oddity (so much for multi-tasking) along with the heating don't say great things about the robustness of webos. Right now, my battered treo 700wx using windows mobile 5 is able to stream orb effortlessly and allow me to multitask effortlessly. I'm on the waiting list for a pre, but I have to say the more I read about this phone and OS, the more I appreciate the much maligned (by every tech blog) windows mobile. I think I may end up waiting for the touch pro2. Pay attention Palm: you're losing someone who wants desperately to be able to use a pre for all the things I now do.
  16. #36  
    so i downloaded everything and followed the instructions but i can't get it play. i'm working behind a linksys router and unfortunately i don't know how router settings work that well. perhaps that's my problem.

    but has anyone been able to get the orb working for them?
  17. #37  
    when somebody has a simpleton approach at streaming Sirius please let me know. If we could just get flash NONE of this would be an issue.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    so i downloaded everything and followed the instructions but i can't get it play. i'm working behind a linksys router and unfortunately i don't know how router settings work that well. perhaps that's my problem.

    but has anyone been able to get the orb working for them?
    What error messages are you getting? Are you able to log into Orb on your Pre and at least see the list of Sirius stations that you added to your "Internet Radio Favorites?" Or can you not even get that far? The basic things to remember are:

    1) Orb must be running on your PC, and the PC must be powered on (no hibernate, etc)
    2) The uSirius app must be up and running on your PC as well
    3) Sirius stations must be added manually to Orb by sutting/pasting the appropriate URL's into the Orb client on your PC (more details in the instructions)
    4) When you log into Orb on your Pre, make sure that your audio stream setting is set to 3GP-AAC

    If you've done those 4 things, then everything "should" work :-) But feel free to post any exact error messages you're seeing, and hopefully, somebody will be able to help you out here.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
    What error messages are you getting? Are you able to log into Orb on your Pre and at least see the list of Sirius stations that you added to your "Internet Radio Favorites?" Or can you not even get that far? The basic things to remember are:

    1) Orb must be running on your PC, and the PC must be powered on (no hibernate, etc)
    2) The uSirius app must be up and running on your PC as well
    3) Sirius stations must be added manually to Orb by sutting/pasting the appropriate URL's into the Orb client on your PC (more details in the instructions)
    4) When you log into Orb on your Pre, make sure that your audio stream setting is set to 3GP-AAC

    If you've done those 4 things, then everything "should" work :-) But feel free to post any exact error messages you're seeing, and hopefully, somebody will be able to help you out here.
    yes to 1-3. not sure about #4. however if #4 is a default setting than i should be covered.

    the pre wasn't able to connect. when i added the channel to myorb it added fine. I clicked on the audio stream (big green play button int he middle of the icon) but it doesn't do anything. is it supposed to start playing or anything?

    i'll give it another go when i get home from work tonight.
  20. #40  
    If you can see the list of Sirius stations from your Pre and they just aren't playing, then I think that #4 might be the issue. The default is actually "3GP," not "3GP-AAC" for the audio stream settings within mycast.orb.com on your Pre, and "3GP" won't work.

    If you click on the audio stream within orb on your PC, the stream should play, or at least show up as a downloaded file (might depend on the browser you're using). But that shouldn't affect the station playing on your Pre at all.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions