Voters
263. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male

235 89.35%
  • Female

28 10.65%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy999 View Post
    The Palm Pre seems to be targeting women with the tiny keyboard, mirror etc. and based on the advertising I've seen. It appears that the majority of posters on this forum are men. Is Palm going after the right target audience?
    Have you seen the Facebook ad? To me that seems more like their trying to reach the younger crowd/teenagers. I think they want this to be a phone for everyone and the advertising won't be totally directed toward one group. Has the random commercial in a field in China even been aired yet?
    I watched this phone from January. I was obsessed just like everyone here. Just not typically a poster. I have has just about every palm/handspring out there. I really like palm products. The pre is just as much fun as it is useful. I even went as far as buying 3. I for person, 2 for business. By the way - female user.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy999 View Post
    You sure are! C'mon, is the mirror really necessary on a cell phone?
    Again, the primary function of the mirror is to aid in self-portraits, not vanity. Now, I'm sure plenty of people use it for makeup, crap in their teeth, etc.

With the ridiculous amount of people on social networking sites, Palm added the mirror to make it easier for folks to take self-portraits to throw up on Facebook, MySpace, etc.

I don't see any gender targeted features on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
    Again, the primary function of the mirror is to aid in self-portraits, not vanity. Now, I'm sure plenty of people use it for makeup, crap in their teeth, etc.

With the ridiculous amount of people on social networking sites, Palm added the mirror to make it easier for folks to take self-portraits to throw up on Facebook, MySpace, etc.

I don't see any gender targeted features on the Pre.
    I can't over-state how important the ability to do a quick teeth-check is for business.
    I'm a girl, and I most certainly did not buy the Pre because it has a small keyboard or a mirror. Besides, the mirror isn't even usable, it's more like a carnival mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    I'm a girl, and I most certainly did not buy the Pre because it has a small keyboard or a mirror. Besides, the mirror isn't even usable, it's more like a carnival mirror.
    ^ +1

Also, it always has fingerprints all over it so it's not that great. I have never once looked in the mirror on my phone. Besides, I already have one in my purse!
    I lurve my Pre! <3
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    lol well I'm a gay male...hope that doesn't emasculate any of you.
    No, but the fact that you like the Titans, well, I do hold that against you!
    Female
    what no transgendered option? Not that i need it hahaha
    Female
    Wow! I am actually really surprised at the results. 90% guys?! Well count me in the 10%, I'm female.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    MALE!!!
    hope so...
    Yup
    MALE!
    Female.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Male... surprised that there are quite a few women on this forum
    Where's the option for "both"? Got something against transexuals, do you?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    Have you seen the Facebook ad? To me that seems more like their trying to reach the younger crowd/teenagers. I think they want this to be a phone for everyone and the advertising won't be totally directed toward one group. Has the random commercial in a field in China even been aired yet?
    The Pre is tiny, round, plasticy and smooth like a stone - kind of artsy fartsy and targeted to women IMHO. I would have preferred if it were square with a recessed and a little bit bigger screen adn keyboard. A little bit more rugged and solidly built (even if it weighed a little more) especially the way I abuse my phones. Oh well, the WebOS rocks so it is going to sell regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    But it makes me look thinner, I Love it! and, I'm a guy.
    Dude, you forgot transexual on your list.
    WTF?!?

Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    other? lol i gotta give it to the OP for being PC. This is a very progressive forum!
    i'd agree that most posters here are male
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast