1.    #1  
    I realize this might just be my own lameness, but has anyone else been frustrated by the mini usb charging port cover on the Pre, specifically that the port cover gets in the way of your plug? So the plug ends up a little slanted when you plug it in?

So today I just finally got so frustrated that I yanked on the cover and I discovered what everyone probably already knows, there's a tether that extends further when you pull it a little! I guess I was being so delicate I didn't pull hard enough. So in case anyone else had this same issue I thought I'd share...anyone else have any embarrassing self-discoveries on the Pre?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Wow, I just yanked on and indeed, it does pop out. I've also been rotating it to the side since it felt like it was going to snap.
    I picked up the Pre on June 6th... I charged with the usb, since I did not purchase a Touch Stone... I didn't discover the tether until June 12th.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMPRIDE View Post
    Wow, I just yanked on and indeed, it does pop out. I've also been rotating it to the side since it felt like it was going to snap.
    + 1 .... Thanks OP
    I learned this the first time I plugged it in to charge. Didn't realize people were having issues about it.
    I noticed this right away. With how stiff it is when you first get it, I can see how you might not pull it all the way out though in fear that it may break. I actually had to return my first Pre because the camera wouldn't work and the first thing I did for my new one was open and close the charger door about 20 times. It's really easy to open after that.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    when I was opening it for the first time, I thought I had broke it, because it made a nice snap... but then i saw it was still attached by that tether. My dad, however, didn't realize there was a tether until I told him a few days later.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by hchavarria View Post
    I learned this the first time I plugged it in to charge. Didn't realize people were having issues about it.
    I guess they were afraid to break they're new phone. /=?
    Seemed obvious.
    I wonder if that door is as frail as it seems, or if we're just being paranoid about our preciousesssss.
    ha...it took me 3 days to figure this out....i was saying to myself this is some serious fail....
    I hate reading instructions and guides. So it took me a day to notice the power button on the upper right side.
    Sometimes when you think you're stating the obvious you actually end up helping people... so good job! I've been learning new things about my Pre everyday. I love the phone btw. Only big complaint so far... when on vibrate only... the vibration for texts and e-mails is about one second long and not enough to really alert anyone.

Not having the ability to change notifications for e-mail and texts is a huge issue for me right now but I'm patient.
    The tether is the reason I thought the cover would break sooner rather than later.
    I hate this type of design, what a pain, i guess it pushes you towards touchstone...

It stinks trying to use the phone while plugged in as a right hander...
    I had no idea. Thanks OP!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I knew about the tether from the Quick Start guide.

But it still took me forever to get in there. Either it was really tight or I was trying to be too gentle because I was afraid to break anything... or both. Either way, it took a little coaxing before things finally loosened up. Now there's no problem. A quick flick of the finger and I'm in. But I'm still pretty gently because I don't want to wear anything out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    I picked up the Pre on June 6th... I charged with the usb, since I did not purchase a Touch Stone... I didn't discover the tether until June 12th.

Speaking of things that are embarassing to discover... I've been plugging my cord into the outlet to recharge, and to the computer to load files. Ha!
    Ya took me 3 days to figure that out.... Ps an easy way to open the damn cover is to slide the screen up first