Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, going into my 2nd week and still hanging in with the pre though would liike to ask (without flames if possible) other phones one might consider if not a pre.
    history - 755p (palm 650, 600...if memory serves me right).
    Pre Likes -
    web interface (like my ipod touch)
    webOS...thinking I could live with it (as we get OS updates)
    size...like that it is lighter then my 755p but weight not a deal breaker either way
    cloud computing - not certain that I'm sold on that front but maybe able to live with it
    Pre Dislikes -
    no sync/catagories for my memos (as yet)
    screen drop smaller then my ipod touch
    having to sync to a acct such as gmail/other. always wonder about those 'free' services that store my data. not even sure how splash id would work so far as where my passowords would be stored.

anyway, not to rant...I realize the pre is 'right on' for many many treo ctrl users and that is great. in the end I may keep mind still but did wonder is there anything out there that sprint offers to come close to the pre but would have: equal or larger screen, better keyboard (size mainly, ease of use)....guessing not but thought I would ask anyway. Not a windows OS type of guy....unless I really really have to go there. could go back to my 755p but the lack of that web interface would hurt (both ipod touch and pre are enjoyable for that task).
    thanks again and enjoy the ride...two more weeks for me to play with mine and in the end I may just have to keep it even though I'm totaly lost without my memos from my 755p and can only type using my finger nails on the pre key pad...much smaller (I feel) then my 755p.
    Blackberry Tour will be great too.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    It doesn't seem that your dislikes come anywhere near outweighing your likes, but...

The only other phone I could tolerate on Sprint would be something like the Blackberry Curve or the upcoming Tour model.

If you are concerned about synchronizing your data to the cloud, give Pocket Mirror a try. It gives you direct sync via WiFi to Outlook.

And if you aren't sure how SplashID works, why wouldn't you say... go to their website?

Key Features:

* Best-selling password manager for smartphones, PDAs, and PCs
    * Unlimited number of customizable record types and categories for storing all kinds of confidential information (usernames, passwords, bank accounts, credit cards, registrations, insurance, perscriptions, and more)
    * Synchronize data between your handheld and Mac or PC using the desktop software
    * Password protection, using 256-bit Blowfish encryption, keeps your data safe and secure
    * Automatic password generator - for generating passwords based on user criteria
    * Clickable URLs provide easy access to your web logins (desktop auto-fills logins for you!)
    * Share records with other SplashID users
    * Field masking (for sensitive data like passwords)
    * Customizable field labels
    * Enhanced security options
    * Backup and restore feature
    Whatever you do, stay away from the Instinct
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  5.    #5  
    Thus far my biggest 'sad' face on the pre, save for my key pad lockup I had today is just how darn small the key pad buttons are compared to my 755p. I maybe can live with that and if so then it is on to the next step of how to move data over so will toss that topic into a new thread for input.
    enjoy the pre...
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    HTC Touch Pro 2
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    You're kidding!

To reiterate my stance on the WM phone refreshes on sprint (or any carrier, really): same pig, different lipstick.
    TOUCH PRO 2 is going to be the bomb!
  9.    #9  
    yes my bad...check the web site for splash id. just figured since it is in beta form for pre use they probably don't even have a desktop app to go with it as yet...which is what I sort of figured they would offer. will go check their site now.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    TOUCH PRO 2 is going to be the bomb!
    Yes. Join my Yahoo! user group: sluggish phones rule!
    OP - sorry to hijack but thought this might be helpful to you as well:

Just found out I have to get a blackberry for work (only device IT will allow).

My choices are 8130 Pearl, 8330 Curve, 8830 standard.

Anyone have advise on which would be best - I'm leaning toward the curve?
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    OP - sorry to hijack but thought this might be helpful to you as well:

Just found out I have to get a blackberry for work (only device IT will allow).

My choices are 8130 Pearl, 8330 Curve, 8830 standard.

Anyone have advise on which would be best - I'm leaning toward the curve?
    I see this thread heading for the cross-platform forum, but:

Go for the Curve. It certainly has the better keyboard of the 3.

SureType on the 8130 is a horrid abomination. Trust me.
    8830 is a world phone, the Sprint Curve is US only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Yes. Join my Yahoo! user group: sluggish phones rule!
    Touch Pro 2 = Top of the Line Smart Phone.
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Uh huh. Sure.
    Blackberry Tour is coming to Sprint this summer. It is a WORLD phone and its better than the Bold. Its an awesome phone. The one downside is it lacks wifi. I'd still stick with the Pre though. i like the interface that much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Uh huh. Sure.
    What do you think is the BEST phone on Sprint?
    It's funny, but since I've been researching the Pre, the only other platform I've developed any respect for is Blackberry. If I were forced at gunpoint to get rid of my Pre, I'd go to a Blackberry, maybe the Storm 2. While I might give up my Pre at gunpoint, I wouldn't take another Windows Mobile phone under any conditions.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    What do you think is the BEST phone on Sprint?
    Pre and BB Tour but if you are looking at windows phones then it will be the touch pro 2.
    TP2 might be good hardware, but it's still Windows Mobile. Yes, I'm a Windows Mobile anti-fanboy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast