Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    pre and bb tour but if you are looking at windows phones then it will be the touch pro 2.
    good answer!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    No offense... but the Palm Pre eats every other Sprint phone.
    The only phone I can see myself having from Sprint now is the Blackberry Curve.

If you're on Sprint... the NOW thing is the Palm Pre.
    That's NOW. =).
    With the release of the Pre, Sprint has been going up.

However, you need to really see what's for YOU.
    I would look at other phones like Samsung Instinct, LG Lotus, HTC Touch Pro, and Blackberry's that are coming to Sprint (curve 8330 is good, but I think Blackberry Tour is coming).

Check PhoneArena. They compare phones to other phones in their specific carrier. Like Palm Pre got a 9.9 in comparison to other phones on Sprint.
  3.    #23  
    thanks all...
    will see what input users offer on moving my data over on the other post I just did. I can see I will never be a fan of the pre key pad but maybe will live with it since the web interface is good (like my ipod touch). the Memos...got to have them though...see other post
    Moving Data- two week suggestions
    if you have input on a 'easy' way to make it all happen.
    mean time I might drop by the sprint store just to play with a few phones others have mentioned this weekend but hope the pre and I can stay together after 30 days.
    Last edited by motor; 06/16/2009 at 10:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Blackberry Tour, or curve, or touch pro 2.
    Instinct is a horrid phone, run don't walk. The Pre is cool, but I'm waiting for the updates/apps. I loved my curve and it was the most solid phone I've had. I never once had one problem with it. Unfortunately I got bored with it. I have the Treo Pro and love it, but it is buggy and a PIA. What I like it being able to customize and modify. That being said if you're not someone who enjoys spending possible hours on end jacking with your phone WinMo is not for you.
    lmao probably not the forum to ask such a question, like posting a question about the pre on the iphone forums...you attract all the fanboys! i like, not love the pre, still too many holes. i am holding out for an update or slim chance the touch pro 2 comes out within a few weeks to make my decision.

im not a fanboy of any phone, never will be. But the BB curve right now is 49.00 w/contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by noto220 View Post
    Blackberry Tour, or curve, or touch pro 2.
    Don't know if it was mentioned or not, but the BB Tour on Sprint doesn't have Wi-Fi. I think there are a few posts on Engadget and Gizmodo with details and specs.
    Blackberry Curve if you have an immediate need (that's what I had before the Pre). If you can wait, go for the BB Tour (though it may be a little larger than the curve and no wifi, if that's important to you).
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I sync with PocketMirror through local wifi too; not Gmail. And I'm betting Chapura will add tasks/memos syncing capability in the near future. So, given that, it sounds like the only thing you'll need to get over is the screen size. That's not likely to change.

Also, I wouldn't stick with Sprint if it wasn't for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    TOUCH PRO 2 is going to be the bomb!
    Yeah, a Ferrari with a Fiat engine-
    Right now, the 755p meets my needs better than the Pre. And better than any of the blackberries I've used. I'll be sticking with it, for now, and hope that someone can figure out how to make a modern smartphone that works as well for as a PDA as something designed 15 years ago.

Hopefully, that'll be Palm, with some serious updates to the Pre. But right now none of the PIM apps on the Pre come close to what's on my Treo.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Pre and BB Tour but if you are looking at windows phones then it will be the touch pro 2.
    Why not the Treo Pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Why not the Treo Pro?
    I haven't personally used it but from my friends that have. I heard general dislike for it. Besides. The WebOS and the Pre is the future of Palm. Why go with something outdated?
    I haven't personally used it but from my friends that have. I heard general dislike for it. Besides. The WebOS and the Pre is the future of Palm. Why go with something outdated?
    Perhaps because it meets you needs and the future of Palm currently does not. What do your friends dislike about it BTW?

I don't have one (sticking with PalmOS for now) but as far as I can tell, its (unsurprisingly) the WM device most like a PalmOS Treo, front faceing keyboard, audio kill switch, lots of hard buttons. Unlike most HTC WM devices (and other Treos/Centros) it actually has a 3.5mm audio jack and a regular mini-usb.

If WM had a decent email client I would be tempted to get the GSM model.
    I'd probably end up with the TP2 if I got rid of the Pre. I had a very good experience with the TP despite what a lot of other people seem to say. I understand everyone's mileage will vary but with a decent ROM I had everything but a nice modern browser and fast multitasking. Multitasking was a little slow and the 3rd party browsers were decent but not excellent.

Exchange support was second to none. Tethering worked over USB, Wifi, and BT. I could stream all sorts of online radio. The keyboard was excellent and the screen was 640x480.

Unfortunately I am a sucker for new things and I just had to try out this new platform. In many ways I prefer the Pre but since it's new I can't quite do everything I could do on the TP yet. I'm looking forward to lots of apps and updates over the next 6 months.
  16. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Why not the Treo Pro?
    The Treo Pro has good hardware, but comes pre-installed with a virus: Windows Mobile 6.1
    If I hadnt gotten the pre, my next phone to get on sprint would have been the upcoming BB Tour
    Before the Pre, I was using a Touch. Yes, I hated not having a physical keyboard (after having 4 Treos in a row), but there are some pretty decent keyboard apps for it (I used PCM). Besides that the only crutch was WM. That is easily remedied with SPB Mobile Shell. Mobile Shell is exactly what is needed to make WM useable.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I'm glad I saw this thread. I too was looking for something else. I had my eye on BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I'd probably end up with the TP2 if I got rid of the Pre. I had a very good experience with the TP despite what a lot of other people seem to say. I understand everyone's mileage will vary but with a decent ROM I had everything but a nice modern browser and fast multitasking. Multitasking was a little slow and the 3rd party browsers were decent but not excellent.

Exchange support was second to none. Tethering worked over USB, Wifi, and BT. I could stream all sorts of online radio. The keyboard was excellent and the screen was 640x480.

Unfortunately I am a sucker for new things and I just had to try out this new platform. In many ways I prefer the Pre but since it's new I can't quite do everything I could do on the TP yet. I'm looking forward to lots of apps and updates over the next 6 months.
    what they didnt like was probably windows lol. And my dad either had this one or the treo 800 (maybe??) that the battery kept burning out. happened even when he replaced the phone. so he went with a touch pro because he felt it was a better phone even though he hates horizontal slide out keyboards
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast