Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    After using my phone for the past 48 hours i could swear that the speaker phone volume, ringer tones, and alerts etc are all about 40% louder and seem more clear than when i first got the phone. Is anyone else these improvements. This would lend itself to OTA transparent updates in the backround. I actually just took a call and was amazed at the speaker volume! insane!

I have freinds using the phone who claim the same ......

Has anyone else seen this?
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    Yes. I thought that too today. The "chime" is definitely louder.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Yes I noticed that today also. The chime went off in a meeting and was loud!!
    Yep, suddenly yesterday it started chiming loudly for missed calls and when I plug it in to charge.
    for some reason thats the opposite for me
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Of course it's louder, there's a waning crescent today. Wait until the waxing gibbous and it'll be softer again.
    When I first got it I turned up all the software sound volume and thought it was way to quiet but later after using the hardware volume buttons to turn it up when I had headphones plugged in, the ringers seemed louder, I don't know if its true though
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    NO! I had a text message come in yesterday, and I didn't hear it. The phone was in my cargo pant pocket. This is really starting to **** me off. As soon as I have a chance I'm rooting this thing.

I mean come on, how hard would it have been for the developers to at least put in the following:

If FileExists('ringtones/txtmsg.mp3') then
    PlaySound('ringtones/txtmsg.mp3')
    else
    PlayInternalLameTextMessageSound

I do that stuff all the time when I want a customizable setting for myself but don't want to or don't have the time for a UI setting.

I'm not sure what Palm is doing, but I don't think they really have that many developers on this OS. Either that or the Project Manager is a moron.

A setting for these would probably be 20 minutes worth of work.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    i have noticed a louder tone to them as well.

but last night i discovered a different change with alerts: it doesnt vibe or ding when i plug the charger in anymore. ive tried it on silent and normal modes and nothing happens save for the on screen notification that it is charging. it used to buzz and ding when i plugged the charger in.

now i just had mine replaced yesterday due to a defect with the headphone port so that might have something to do with it but im curious if anyone else noted a change in its behavior when charging.
    This is very weird..

This morning I noticed when my phone rang my ring tone was very distorted... it has never done this before, I created it from a full mp3 file and verified this when I put it on the phone at full volume..

Wonder if Palm is secretly force feeding us updates... Hmmm??!?!
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    NO! I had a text message come in yesterday, and I didn't hear it. The phone was in my cargo pant pocket. This is really starting to **** me off. As soon as I have a chance I'm rooting this thing.

I mean come on, how hard would it have been for the developers to at least put in the following:

If FileExists('ringtones/txtmsg.mp3') then
    PlaySound('ringtones/txtmsg.mp3')
    else
    PlayInternalLameTextMessageSound

I do that stuff all the time when I want a customizable setting for myself but don't want to or don't have the time for a UI setting.

I'm not sure what Palm is doing, but I don't think they really have that many developers on this OS. Either that or the Project Manager is a moron.

A setting for these would probably be 20 minutes worth of work.
    If it's so easy, wouldn't it be wiser to assume they CHOSE not to implement this most basic of features for whatever reason?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    If it's so easy, wouldn't it be wiser to assume they CHOSE not to implement this most basic of features for whatever reason?
    No....