Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So apparently there is a bug with the email accounts and notifications. I have two accounts, and I wanted to turn off notifications for one of the accounts so I have it set to no for all notifications. Apparently the notifications still show on the lock screen. I had to explain to my girlfriend why I got an email from eharmony that says Match Communication Received. I convinced her it was just spam and I think she believed me.

Just a warning to the guys and gals out there that have secrets, even if you turn off email notifications it still is on!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytexan View Post
    So apparently there is a bug with the email accounts and notifications. I have two accounts, and I wanted to turn off notifications for one of the accounts so I have it set to no for all notifications. Apparently the notifications still show on the lock screen. I had to explain to my girlfriend why I got an email from eharmony that says Match Communication Received. I convinced her it was just spam and I think she believed me.

Just a warning to the guys and gals out there that have secrets, even if you turn off email notifications it still is on!
    You have an option to turn off notifications when the phone is locked....

And, uh..... perhaps you should reconsider your current relationship
  3.    #3  
    I checked with Palm and this is a known bug. Apparently if you have notifications turned on for your lock screen it overrides any no notification settings for individual email accounts and will notify you anyway. I had notifications turned on for my lock screen because I thought this email address wouldn't show up!
    I read the title and thought you were like me - in the doghouse for spending too much time on the phone and this site.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    wow, just wow.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Ahh, spam huh? Suuuuurreeee...

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    So they need a cheaters app...that's the jist?
    Maybe the fact that you are going on a dating website behind your partners back is why your relationship almost ended? Just a thought.

Interesting way to post about a software bug.
    Actually, Synergy allows the Pre to match incoming messages like this against the hidden "significant other" flag that's set in one's spouse's, girlfriend's, boyfriend's, partner's, etc. contact record. When the Pre senses that the significant other is present, it then makes sure to highlight any relevant notifications like this at precisely the right moment. For your significant other, I mean. At precisely the wrong moment for the Pre's owner (it's a very principled device). This feature overrides any other notifications settings, and can't be turned off.

Roger McNamee talked about this feature in an interview a few months ago. He was pretty excited about it (but then, he's not currently in a relationship). Oddly enough at the time, Palm didn't disavow this particular claim, but now we know why.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

You're a pitiful excuse of a man
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhensley View Post
    OUCH!!!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    ... I had to explain to my girlfriend why I got an email from eharmony that says Match Communication Received. I convinced her it was just spam and I think she believed me...
    New poll:
    Would you rather get busted cheating or admit to the world that you had to use eharmony to even have a remote chance of trying to cheat?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by zhensley View Post
    Haha.. wow man. I've been dating this girl for like a month, she's not my wife and/or the mother of my children. I'm just throwing this information out there because people might want to protect their information and throwing in an interesting story along with my bug discovery.

She told me last night that she doesn't believe you, and you're just kidding yourself
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Can't blame the Pre for trying to do the right thing..
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'm all about anyone getting theirs - and I had this happen on my instinct last year....never turn on the voice notification again!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    She told me last night that she doesn't believe you, and you're just kidding yourself
    Nice!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Yeah... my kids think the ***** enlargement spam that shows up while charging on the touchstone are pretty funny...
    ETUTREO300
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Can't blame the Pre for trying to do the right thing..
    LOL! Good one!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast