Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusismetal View Post
    Thanks for the repeat (and useless) thread bro!
    My pleasure.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Sounds like you're the one bent out of shape and needing to hammer the people that are here to check out the forum and look into the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    If the phone doesn't have the features you're looking for, go get another phone.

Do some research, try a few out and find one that fits your needs.
    There's no point in getting all bent out of shape and hammering the Pre just because you thought it would have a feature that was never announced it would have.

Seriously, you tried it, you didn't like it, get another phone.. that simple.

Just my two cents.
  3.    #23  
    Just curious how you interpreted my post as hammering people... interesting twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Just curious how you interpreted my post as hammering people... interesting twist.
    You're getting bent out of shape because people spend good money to buy this phone, come out here to sort it out (because nothing is ever going to be 100% from the start) and over their 30 days they can really have a chance to decide if they can understand or live with whatever issues they have and need to post and vent (and yes they will compare) but instead of letting them voice about it with as many posts as they like if they are sincere about it, you gotta tell them 'then maybe the phone is not for you and move on.'

You don't like some of the posts? Then ignore them and move on and go to the "I love my pre" posts and let everyone else participate in what they want.

fanboys for the home team are worse than the visitors sometimes.
  5.    #25  
    Wow, it's amazing how people completely miss the point of posts.

If you read the original entry in this thread I said if the phone does not have the features you want you should find one that does... isn't that just common sense?

I love the pre issue posts that are constructive, I have an issue with the ones that are pre bashing rants.

...OK, this is exhausting trying to explain what was plainly written in the first post so I'm not going to spend any more time on it.

Interpret this thread however you'd like.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I originally started reading Treocentral to get advice on programs and solutions for problems I was experiencing with my Treo(s). For a long time I never joined or posted because I was intimidated by those who hacked their phones and those that ridiculed the less informed. But I was still interested in program and accessory assessments by real users, so I continued to read the discussions. I looked forward to the Pre to replace my 755p and purchased it Sat. morning. There are things I love about it and frankly things I hate, like not being able to use my phone due to poor or no reception. I'm still deciding whether to stay Pre or bail, and don't believe I have to go away while I decide. Instead I hope that by naming the problems, a fix will be developed and I can have my Pre till it falls apart, like I have had my other Palms.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicity1 View Post
    I originally started reading Treocentral to get advice on programs and solutions for problems I was experiencing with my Treo(s). For a long time I never joined or posted because I was intimidated by those who hacked their phones and those that ridiculed the less informed. But I was still interested in program and accessory assessments by real users, so I continued to read the discussions. I looked forward to the Pre to replace my 755p and purchased it Sat. morning. There are things I love about it and frankly things I hate, like not being able to use my phone due to poor or no reception. I'm still deciding whether to stay Pre or bail, and don't believe I have to go away while I decide. Instead I hope that by naming the problems, a fix will be developed and I can have my Pre till it falls apart, like I have had my other Palms.
    Or just wait for 2010 and get it on Verizon...and other carriers. Sprint is very very temporary exclusivity
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Nobody owes you anything. What you get for paying your bill each month is your service. By your reasoning, one can equally argue that you owe Sprint something because they've provided you cell service for all the time you've been a customer. The knife cuts both ways.
    The problem is many of us aren't getting that service you mentioned we are all paying for. And by service i am talking about simply being able to make and receive phone calls while outside in NYC when all my other palm phones could do that most basic thing that even 10 year old cell phones can do. Meanwhile, the Pre can't.

All that said, the OS is awesome and I love it so I am going to wait to see if an airave and maybe a software fix will help.

I agree though, senseless bashing is silly but it will happen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12