Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My settings

Network: Linksys WRT54G router running DD-WRT firmware, wireless G only with 64bit WEP on channel 1 (2.412GHz)

Stereo bluetooth headset: Motorola S9

With WiFi enabled on the Pre, and attempting to listen to Pandora via the S9 headset, the stream either fails or will only play for maybe 30-60 seconds and then fail. As soon as I disable WiFi on the Pre the Pandora stream will play with no problem via EVDO. Is my Pre defective or is this a common occurrence?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'm using a Backbeat 960 stereo BT, and stream on my wifi all day long with Pandora. It's great.

So, it works. But I'm not sure that's a consolation to you.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I have the exact same setup, though using WPA encryption. Working fine for me.

Running latest version of DD-WRT?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    OP = Fail.
    Working for me over Wifi to a Blackberry Music Gateway over A2DP as well.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Will it stream over the phone speaker OK with BT off?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    My settings

Network: Linksys WRT54G router running DD-WRT firmware, wireless G only with 64bit WEP on channel 1 (2.412GHz)

Stereo bluetooth headset: Motorola S9

With WiFi enabled on the Pre, and attempting to listen to Pandora via the S9 headset, the stream either fails or will only play for maybe 30-60 seconds and then fail. As soon as I disable WiFi on the Pre the Pandora stream will play with no problem via EVDO. Is my Pre defective or is this a common occurrence?
    I have to ask, why are you using WEP instead of WPA?
    NachoB, I am using a very familiar setup. I have the Pre (obviously), Moto S9 headset, and WRT54GS router.

I use 128 bit WEP encryption on channel 8 with no issues at all.

Remember that bluetooth does operate on 2.4 to 2.4835 GHz so changing your channel might (or might not) help.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I have the exact same setup, though using WPA encryption. Working fine for me.

Running latest version of DD-WRT?
    Modified firmware running on linux with more options than the factory firmwares. Google it.
  10. enjoyingsilence
    NachoB: does the Pandora stream drop without Bluetooth enabled, while on WiFi?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
    NachoB, I am using a very familiar setup. I have the Pre (obviously), Moto S9 headset, and WRT54GS router.

I use 128 bit WEP encryption on channel 8 with no issues at all.

Remember that bluetooth does operate on 2.4 to 2.4835 GHz so changing your channel might (or might not) help.
    Tried channel 8 this morning, no go still. Played for maybe a minute or two then stopped. Symptom is as if it looses connection to the stream. This only happens when I'm listening via the Motorola S9's.

Question for you, are you broadcasting your SSID? Mine is not being broadcast. Not that that should be an issue, just grabbing at straws here.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/17/2009 at 07:18 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    NachoB: does the Pandora stream drop without Bluetooth enabled, while on WiFi?
    Pandora will stream perfect through WiFi (with bluetooth enabled) via both the Pre's speaker or the wired headset. Chokes if I'm streaming the audio thru the Motorola S9's.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by zhackwyatt View Post
    I have to ask, why are you using WEP instead of WPA?
    No real reason, just what I used initially when I configured my router some years ago and never changed it.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  14. enjoyingsilence
    Pandora will stream perfect through WiFi (with bluetooth enabled) via both the Pre's speaker or the wired headset. Chokes if I'm streaming the audio thru the Motorola S9's.
    Is it pandora that chokes, specifically, or the headset?
  15.    #15  
    Is it pandora that chokes, specifically, or the headset?
    Appears something is happening to the data stream. The song timers no longer count up/down but Pandora is still in Play mode.
    I'm perplexed. I might could make sense of it and blame the router if it did this when I wasn't using the S9's, but it works fine when not using the S9's.

Playing MP3's stored on the Pre play just fine through the S9's.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  16. enjoyingsilence
    Appears something is happening to the data stream. The song timers no longer count up/down but Pandora is still in Play mode.
    I'm perplexed. I might could make sense of it and blame the router if it did this when I wasn't using the S9's, but it works fine when not using the S9's.

Playing MP3's stored on the Pre play just fine through the S9's.
    Try this Pandora running on Pre. Pre connected to Wifi . Bluetooth conntected. Move the pre as far away from your Access Point as you can, without losing it. Set the Pre down on a table or something.

Wearing the headset, move away from the pre as far as you can, without bluetooth dropping out.

Why? Because it may be wireless hysterisis kicking in, and the hysterisis from the bluetooth radio, and 802.xx radio in the Pre may be interfering with each other.
  17.    #17  
    Try this Pandora running on Pre. Pre connected to Wifi . Bluetooth conntected. Move the pre as far away from your Access Point as you can, without losing it. Set the Pre down on a table or something.

Wearing the headset, move away from the pre as far as you can, without bluetooth dropping out.

Why? Because it may be wireless hysterisis kicking in, and the hysterisis from the bluetooth radio, and 802.xx radio in the Pre may be interfering with each other.
    Okay, I'll try this when I get home this evening and report back. No WiFi available at my current location.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Also try a different AD2P device other than the S9 to see if it's the S9 itself that is causing the problem. Perhaps a set of bluetooth speakers, another model headphones, in-car stereo (parked near the house for wifi of course!), etc.

It can also be possible that your radio is defective in a way that causes ths issue. Seems like no one else is able to reproduce your issue.
  19.    #19  
    Thanks for the suggestion but I don't know anyone who has an AD2P device (besides me of course).

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I troubleshoot for a living, and from what I read, the Palm Pre, Linksys router, and the S9 are the only constants. Since your Pre works with your router without the S9, it comes down to the Pre or the S9. Also, since it is troublesome to get a replacement Pre, one of the easier steps is to remove YOUR S9 from the picture. Try a different S9, or even a completely different headphone make/model.

Perhaps buy another one to try. You can always return it. I hate doing this, but if that's the only option you have of trying it out...

OR, go to an Apple store (they usually have WiFi and bluetooth speakers on display) and see if you can reproduce the problem.

It's better to do this at home since you want to keep your other constants (Linksys router and Pre) in the picture, and changing only one thing at a time to troubleshoot (the S9 being the variable). But since we know that you can use the WiFi without the S9, I think the Apple store suggestion will still provide a valid test.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast