Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by naddie View Post
    I troubleshoot for a living, and from what I read, the Palm Pre, Linksys router, and the S9 are the only constants. Since your Pre works with your router without the S9, it comes down to the Pre or the S9. Also, since it is troublesome to get a replacement Pre, one of the easier steps is to remove YOUR S9 from the picture. Try a different S9, or even a completely different headphone make/model.

Perhaps buy another one to try. You can always return it. I hate doing this, but if that's the only option you have of trying it out...

OR, go to an Apple store (they usually have WiFi and bluetooth speakers on display) and see if you can reproduce the problem.

It's better to do this at home since you want to keep your other constants (Linksys router and Pre) in the picture, and changing only one thing at a time to troubleshoot (the S9 being the variable). But since we know that you can use the WiFi without the S9, I think the Apple store suggestion will still provide a valid test.
    I may try the Apple store route since I don't particular want to spend the extra money at the moment (spent in the neighborhood of $500 between the Pre and accessories).
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I have the S9's and they are not so good. I don't see myself buying motorola stereo BT anytime soon. S9 = FAIL
  3.    #23  
    Luckily I didn't buy these. They were given to me by a coworker that no longer used them. They apply too much pressure to my ears and are a bit uncomfortable.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    No real reason, just what I used initially when I configured my router some years ago and never changed it.
    The real reason why I asked was because now WEP can be broken in under a minute. So just an FYI, it is not very secure at all.
  5. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Luckily I didn't buy these. They were given to me by a coworker that no longer used them. They apply too much pressure to my ears and are a bit uncomfortable.
    to be honest, the best wireless headphones I've heard/used are the Sennheiser MX W1s

Sennheiser Worldwide - MX W1 - Wireless Earphones, Wireless Headphones, metallic design - Private Audio

But they are not bluetooth. They use KLEER Technology for clear transmissions.. sound great and work very well.. quite comfy also

nachob: if you're looking at another set.. here's a good website to compare :

Earphone Solutions - Earbuds by Ultimate Ears, Shure Headphones and Westone Earphones - The Best Earphones for iPod Comparisons and Reviews
  6.    #26  
    Problem with Pandora thru wifi to stereo bluetooth solved: exchanged Pre for another one.

As far as headsets, I've learned how to wear the S9's so that they are not uncomfortable. I place them in the space next to the ear canal and not in the ear canal. Based on the design of the ear buds maybe this is the intended position. The ear buds are shaped in such a way that projects the music forward toward the ear canal when worn this way.
    Next stop, stereo bluetooth speakers for the desk.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    pandora on my Pre doesn't seem to work on wifi at all.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12