1.    #1  
    Well, it happened to me over the weekend..LoL...I had just hung up and placed my phone back into a belt holster. A minute later my phone rings and when I looked at the screen, the caller I'd said ''emergency call''...I answered the call very confused and I hear a voice say ''this is ****** police, do you have an emergency? Did you call 911?'' after a brief pause I realized that somehow my phone went through BOTH steps to call 911 and God knows what the operator heard me saying in the background. I'm sure I'm not the only genius this has happened to
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    tried actually calling 911 yesterday after a mugging and the phone would refuse to answer the callback from the 911 system. had to reset the phone.
    I did this with ATT/my Nokia N82. Cops called back immediately, I told them it was an accident ( dialed it by mistake ). They said they ID'd my GPS position (VERY close to my house) and the officer asked me for my address. I gave it to him. 5 minutes later he knocks on my door (at 1am on a Sunday evening, mind you).

Guess I understand why they came by...I could have been "lying" due to someone holding a gun to my head, etc.

It was irritating but nice to know the GPS on our phones works pretty well.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by frank828 View Post
    tried actually calling 911 yesterday after a mugging and the phone would refuse to answer the callback from the 911 system. had to reset the phone.
    Something similar happened when they called me back....but I couldn't hang up or even clear the screen. I had to take out the battery to get out of that screen.

P.S.: sorry for the two threads..I put up a poll regarding the issue and have asked MODS to delete this thread. If anyone else wants to chime in, look for my poll and reply there. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    yeah i had to take the battery out too.

i would hit answer on the screen, but it just wouldnt answer. after taking the battery out, it seemed to work fine. :\