Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Evidently, you are not supposed to carry palm pre phones in your pocket with the case that came in the box. I also have to get onto a waiting list to receive a new phone (they expect it to take more than 30 days). So i have to pay my bills even though i won't have a phone to use.

I have been watching these forums since mid-march and i just now decided to make an account to vent my frustrations. I loved the Pre in the time i had it, it is sprint's crappy customer service and inability to recognize the problem that bugs me.

Sorry for only having a link to the photo, only decided to make this account so i could vent.

i342.photobucket.com/albums/o411/mattmoore44/P1020343.jpg

If you have any questions or want more pictures, please ask.
    I've been carrying it my pocket either in the case or by itself and it still looks like the day I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I've been carrying it my pocket either in the case or by itself and it still looks like the day I got it.
    I have too... Did you bump into something ? It just seems like it would take a decent amount of force to do that..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  4. joelpalm
    you, as the end consumer, have to find a way to properly protect your devices based on YOUR lifestyle. I carry my phones in my pocket, but when I get a new phone, I judge the construction of the phone and decide whether or not I need a hard case.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Why would the case that came in the box matter? It's just a cloth sheath.
    I carry it naked in my pocket. It is fine.

It sucks that yours was either defective or abused, but dont think that your experience apples generally to all users. If Sprint cant help you in a timely fashion call Palm and have them ship you a replacement.
  7.    #7  
    I'm a student

all of the damage seems to be internal, nothing happened to the outside. no scratches, dents, or cracks.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    you, as the end consumer, have to find a way to properly protect your devices based on YOUR lifestyle. I carry my phones in my pocket, but when I get a new phone, I judge the construction of the phone and decide whether or not I need a hard case.
    I carry mine in a velvet lined, diamond-encrusted, gold case. 'Cause, you know, I don't want anyone to see it and try to steal it.
  9. joelpalm
    now thats a bird of a whole nother color! wow. man that sucks
    umm... http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...nt-pocket.html

Post over there and I'll put your pic there too. Tell us what happened (or didn't happen)..
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Likewise here. @chargersfan14, what else is in your pocket??
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    I have had it in the case in my front pocket with no issues for 1.5 weeks.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    His screen cracks are identical to those from the cracked screen thread. He probably had nothing else in his pocket, nor did the do anything else to cause the cracks. See the other thread.
  14.    #14  
    I usually have wallet in back pocket, keys in left, pre in right

pre was only thing in pocket the day it happened
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chargersfan14 View Post
    I'm a student

all of the damage seems to be internal, nothing happened to the outside. no scratches, dents, or cracks.
    There doesn't have to be external dings or cracks for it to be your fault. Any excessive pressure applied to the front of the device would cause this type of damage. I would be very surprised if these screens were just spontaneously cracking. You probably hit something while it was in your contact. In the future, put it in your pocket with the screen facing inboard.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    There doesn't have to be external dings or cracks for it to be your fault. Any excessive pressure applied to the front of the device would cause this type of damage. I would be very surprised if these screens were just spontaneously cracking. You probably hit something while it was in your contact. In the future, put it in your pocket with the screen facing inboard.
    Well, I guess you'd be surprised then. Have you read any of the other thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by chargersfan14 View Post
    ..snip...I also have to get onto a waiting list to receive a new phone (they expect it to take more than 30 days). So i have to pay my bills even though i won't have a phone to use.

....snip....I loved the Pre in the time i had it, it is sprint's crappy customer service and inability to recognize the problem that bugs me.

...snip
    First, call Palm, they "may" help. I have never had good experience with Palm CS, but if there are no replacements in your area, and it was not a problem caused by you (screen crack might be hard for this though), Palm will do the swap themselves. If that doesn't work, you are well within your rights with Sprint's contract to return the phone under the 30 day clause and not have to "pay the bill" without a phone. You can always get another later.

Second, this is NOT Sprint's problem. How you see it as such, is beyond me. Palm built the device (or paid for it to be built anyway), Palm is the one building the device etc. If the screen cracked prematurely due to poor engineering, and there are no local replacements due to the back order, blame Palm, not Sprint.
  18. cme
    Welcome to the club... My wife just got her Replacement yesterday.
  19.    #19  
    you cant return the broken phone within the 30 days. i asked and they told me that it had to be in new condition

sprint just needs to have nicer employees, their responses to my pre's screen cracking is what got me riled up
    what color box did it come in? yellow or black?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast