Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    the sides of the box are black
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Insurance claims are being shipped. Why are you having to wait?
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    amartins02: what color box did it come in? yellow or black?
    I wonder that too, and really sucks to have to deal with something like that, what the hell did you do to it? Are these screens just cracking for nothing, mine is like day one (June 6th) so far, and has been drop on the carpet floor and on a wood table several times thanks to my little girl.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    My Pre did the same thing. Took it out of pocket one day and there was a crack vertically all of the way across the screen. Just one though. And also you couldn't feel the crack or dent or anything either. I seriously think it was the pressure of the pocket to my leg that caused this. I am freakishly paranoid about new possessions so I made sure to take the best care of it. So no I didn't nump into anything. It was just a defective phone I guess.

Took it to my local Sprint store. They wrote my name down and it took two days for my replacement to come in. I was very satisfied.
    Can't wait for the updates!!
  5.    #25  
    i guess the experience varies by stores. none of the stores in my area seem to even have a pre available
  6.    #26  
    I talked to sprint and they won't acknowledge this website as a credible source for pre information. the funny thing is, i remember on their now network page for the pre, this website was featured for having headlines on the pre.
    *hug*

I hope things work out for you.
  8.    #28  
    thanks for the support
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    My Pre has been dropped, kicked, and thrown during a drunken stupor. It's still like new (aside from a *tiny* little indentation on the right side of the phone).

Were you letting horses kick you in the leg?
  10.    #30  
    because the external casing had a lot of damage, right? the phone was in my front pocket while i was taking a final
    ouch! that's bad.
    you guys breaking screens really need to stop being so rough with the phone and be conscious of the fact that it's actually in your pocket when it is.

logically, i imagine it would take a significant amount of force to crack the screen. maybe i'm wrong, but i've handled my phone carefully as i have my past phones and my screen is just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    My Pre has been dropped, kicked, and thrown during a drunken stupor. It's still like new (aside from a *tiny* little indentation on the right side of the phone).

Were you letting horses kick you in the leg?
    way to treat a phone worth half a grand
    how tight are your pants?
  15.    #35  
    i wasn't rough with the phone though... it was in my pocket while i was taking a final, there was no "abuse" of the phone.. i worshiped the phone.. i didn't let anyone hold it

now if my screen cracked in the center, i would understand you thinking i mishandled the phone. i am not the only one that has had the screen crack from the gesture bar area. the cracks are almost identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    you guys breaking screens really need to stop being so rough with the phone and be conscious of the fact that it's actually in your pocket when it is.

logically, i imagine it would take a significant amount of force to crack the screen. maybe i'm wrong, but i've handled my phone carefully as i have my past phones and my screen is just fine.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

How can you be rough with a phone when it is in your pocket? Who lets themselves get hit in the leg with or without a phone? Especially males, we are pretty protective of that area either way.

My phone cracked for no reason. Sprint agreed and gave me a new one for free. Many peoples phones cracked in the same manner without even being carried in their pockets. See the thread in the hardware section.
  17.    #37  
    i was wearing cargo shorts, so they weren't tight at all
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    how tight are your pants?
    I found a pic of chargersfan14 - you think his pants are too tight?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    I found a pic of chargersfan14 - you think his pants are too tight?
    i think so. i'm sure there are straight fit pants that don't choke your legs like that.

lol i guess i don't know what i'm talking about. screens that just crack like that through normal usage? i guess i don't use mine normally.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post

You have no idea what you are talking about.

How can you be rough with a phone when it is in your pocket? Who lets themselves get hit in the leg with or without a phone? Especially males, we are pretty protective of that area either way.

My phone cracked for no reason. Sprint agreed and gave me a new one for free. Many peoples phones cracked in the same manner without even being carried in their pockets. See the thread in the hardware section.
    Mine gets banged around pretty good in my pocket. Cutting corners short, plopping down in chairs and hitting it on the arm rest, closing the car door on it, etc. I could see it happen.

I know a lot of people keep their phones in their back pockets too but I don't think that's a good idea for the Pre
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast