Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Both of your first two points are about apps. There are two Twitter apps, with a Facebook app to come. And as already pointed out, the App Store didn't launch until over a year into the iPhone's life. I don't think you're as smart as you think you are. You should definitely get rid of the Pre and buy an iPhone. You obviously did no research and I have no idea why you would buy a Pre if all you care about is apps. Please stop harassing the Sprint CSRs as well.
    I'm not harassing the CSRs - they're idiots. They provide me with false information, then when I speak to a supervisor and prove them wrong, they profusely apologize.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    To clarify, I meant "launch" to mean "launch of the app store" for that phone, which may or may not have been at the start (i.e. Apple and BB did it afterwards).
    Well, your spin effort is admirable, but fails yet again. The App Store is in Beta, so it has NOT officially "launched". You can tell by the giant unignorable "BETA" banner across the top right corner of the App Catalog screen.

    Are you sure you own a Pre?
  3.    #23  
    And for the record I hate the iPhone. And Blackberry hasn't changed at all in years. Android just doesn't do it for me.

    I'm really pulling for the Pre, hoping a WebOS update will come out soon and more apps, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by northside View Post
    Well, your spin effort is admirable, but fails yet again. The App Store is in Beta, so it has NOT officially "launched". You can tell by the giant unignorable "BETA" banner across the top right corner of the App Catalog screen.

    Are you sure you own a Pre?
    Not an excuse for not having apps. Devs create apps, not Palm.
  5.    #25  
    And while I have PLENTY, PLENTY of gripes about WebOS's deficiencies, I know those will be fixed with a firmware update, so I'm not worried. I think it's a great 1.0 effort - my phone has not crashed or frozen once. Probably way better than the when the iPhone came out.
  6.    #26  
    Another update: if the impending firmware does come out soon, GREAT NEWS! I'll take better battery life, though honestly I can't complain about it now. It's gotten immensely better over the last week or so.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    To clarify, I meant "launch" to mean "launch of the app store" for that phone, which may or may not have been at the start (i.e. Apple and BB did it afterwards).

    Oh, and for you folks who are not aware...a facebook bookmark IS NOT an application for your phone. Duh. So please stop mentioning it. And I only stress that point since this phone isn't ever mentioned w/o Facebook in the same sentence.
    From what I'm gathering, It sounds like your argument is not WHEN the App store launches but rather HOW MANY Apps are readily available at launch.

    You seem to ignore the fact that the PRE launched with an App catalog and the iPhone DIDN'T. If you wanted to compare oranges to oranges (didn't want to confuse you with apples) then it would be fair to look at the PRE's App Catalog a year from now and see how many apps are available.

    Comparing it now at its incubating stages is not fair to the PRE. Apps will come, no doubt about it.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    To clarify, I meant "launch" to mean "launch of the app store" for that phone, which may or may not have been at the start (i.e. Apple and BB did it afterwards).
    So if the Pre had been released with no app catalogue, that would have been fine, but you're upset because it was released with a small app catalogue that hasn't grown much in its 10 days of existence? I don't understand this logic.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    Exactly. Which is why even the PS2 is selling more than the PS3 today. It can't hold a candle to Xbox or a Wii.

    It's not always about early adoption - again, I hate to mention Apple again but they weren't the first folks to market an mp3 player, but the first one to do it successfully to a mass consumer market. And now they OWN the market.
    But the same was for the wii at launch. For the first couple months there was only a total of 21 titles. My point is on any new platform, the software usually comes slowly at first. Again, it has only been 10 days since the phone launched. If we were a couple months into the launch of the pre and the applications were sparse, then might be a reason to get worried.
  10. #30  
    Tweed is not a Twitter app? This is news to me. I guess I can't use it to post tweets anymore then.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by careless_smile View Post
    So if the Pre had been released with no app catalogue, that would have been fine, but you're upset because it was released with a small app catalogue that hasn't grown much in its 10 days of existence? I don't understand this logic.
    Yes! I think it's better to hold off a little bit and provide something (even in beta) when there's some completeness to it.

    Also, iPhone aside, the G1 had about 50 apps when the phone launched...new phone, new OS.

    Whatever, I'm just impatient I know the Pre will have great apps, and I'm willing to pay for them...I just wish I had the chance.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    Tweed is not a Twitter app? This is news to me. I guess I can't use it to post tweets anymore then.
    Tweed is okay. I think part of my griping is not applicable, b/c I'm comparing it to Twitterberry. What I loved was having auto-update every 15 min (I know Spaz can do it), and a different sound for Twitter. But, alas, WebOS doesn't support those notifications (yet), so I'll just have to wait until that happens.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    Yes! I think it's better to hold off a little bit and provide something (even in beta) when there's some completeness to it.

    Also, iPhone aside, the G1 had about 50 apps when the phone launched...new phone, new OS.

    Whatever, I'm just impatient I know the Pre will have great apps, and I'm willing to pay for them...I just wish I had the chance.
    I'll resist the urge to get into a discussion of how many apps are required for the catalogue to have completeness. I still don't really understand why you would rather not have the apps that are available now, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm quite happy to have Pandora, Tweed, and FlightView, and I'm starting to use Evernote. I don't need Palm to wait until there are hundreds of apps ready before I can have access to those that are.
  14.    #34  
    Eh, if indeed the rumored firmware update does come out this week or next, I give major props to Palm for not waiting several weeks/months to get some fixes in. Redeemed

    p.s. this phone is dead sexy...I don't know anything that's sexier on the market
  15. #35  
    More pointless dribble.

    Do you actually think that an ultimatum of 100 apps in 30 days means anything? Do you think Palm, or us for that matter care about your wants??? What would you do with 100 apps? Fart in your staff meeting? Use your flashlight in the janitor's closet? Why not be realistic instead of immature and childish.

    Retro Iphone...a 30 year old dialer on your touchscreen. iSeismometer? Yeah...let's measure geo-thermal plate shifting with our phones because that's ALL the rage. 9 out of 10 iPhone apps are garbage. Out of the remaining "non-crappy" apps, 60% of them duplicate a feature already found in the OS. So, that leaves what? 3,000 decent apps? YAY for them! Out of 50k + apps, 3,000 don't suck. Wait, let's charge a ridiculous amount of money for those apps too! Hey, afterall it's Apple!

    Is this what you would rather see? 30 farting apps that flood the store? 1800 flashlights? 1250 voice recorders? Yes, let's jam up the app catalog without useless garbage just so we can say we have 1,000 apps. Makes perfect sense to me.

    So...in other words, just take your Pre back where you found it and buy a Kyocera flip. No app store to worry about there?
  16.    #36  
    What pisses me off most about the Apple app store is not the number of apps, how how Apple markets it. Yeah, most of it is pure crap and duplication...so I guess I'm happy at least I don't have that in the App catalog...
  17. kurpaige's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    This made me giggle.... What are you going to do with 100 apps? Do you need 100 apps or else your friends think your APP Catalog is small? lol

    Look at that guy over there... his app catalog is tiny... heheheheheheh
    Now That's FUNNY!!

    100? Why not 1000? Hell I jailbroke my iphone and maxed out the number of apps I can get on there and so far day to day, Bejeweled 2 is all that get used!!!
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    What pisses me off most about the Apple app store is not the number of apps, how how Apple markets it. Yeah, most of it is pure crap and duplication...so I guess I'm happy at least I don't have that in the App catalog...
    Exactly how I felt with our iPhones. Mine (1G), upgraded to 3G, wife's 3G, daughter's 3G. Sold them all on craigslist. LOL.
  19. #39  
    Just enjoy the phone, use it as a hobby and learn and grow with it. I dont have one complaint about my pre because I know it will only get better.
  20. #40  
    All I can say is wow. I am a new pre owner and read this board everyday but have never had the urge to post until i read this useless diatribe.

    While I will certainly agree that this phone has a few flaws, the ones you are mentioning are the least of my worries. Face it buddy...If a lack of a true Facebook application is going to cause you to want to return this after being on the market for 10 days under a completely new platform...you made a big mistake jumping into a 1st gen phone in the first place.

    Anyone who can't see the potential of this phone and get their head around a freaking application that lets you "tweet" doesn't deserve a phone like this anyway. Updates will come..apps will be added and the whiners who return their phones will be sorry they did.

    Now...all the people who are upset about Exchange, battery issues, reception etc..there is where the real gripe is. I have faith those will be fixed as well. (the batter is already cleared up for me).
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions