1.    #1  
    This is driving me nuts. I try to save things on my Pre by using it as a USB drive and it gives me an Access is Denied - Make sure disk is not full or write protected message. Any thoughts?

Anyone?
    Last edited by pogeypre; 06/16/2009 at 04:37 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Nobody knows the trouble I've seen, noboy knows my sorrow----

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts (deedle de de) There they are a standing in a row.
    Here's what I do. Plug in your Pre to your CPU, then go to "My Computer". Look for you Pre. It should show up as a USB Storage drive. Open it, there you'll see all your folders. Try that out and let us know if that works for you.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    Here's what I do. Plug in your Pre to your CPU, then go to "My Computer". Look for you Pre. It should show up as a USB Storage drive. Open it, there you'll see all your folders. Try that out and let us know if that works for you.
    It shows up, but as soon as I try to drag and drop something it gives me an error.
    Can it transfer files via Bluetooth?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusismetal View Post
    Can it transfer files via Bluetooth?
    I don't have another bluetooth device to check. I was able to save a file from an email on Saturday, but that is the last thing I was able to save. I am able to create folders all over the place, but not move files from PC to Pre.
    Are you using Vista?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JustxOnce View Post
    Are you using Vista?
    It gives me the error on my XP computer at work, Vista and Windows 7 at home, and my brothers Imac (slightly different message.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    LOL why yes, ill be sure to connect it to my CPU...
    I just connected my Pre to my Vista Home Premium Laptop and xferred over an .exe file (Firefox 3 to be exact) and nothing happened. I have xferred songs, ringtones (basically songs), Png's and JPEG's with nary an issue.

The Pre is a hard drive!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    When you plug in Pre to computer which of the 3 options do you choose? Media Sync, USB drive, or Just Charge? If you pick Media Sync I think you cant drag and drop files to the Pre...but only use iTunes, if you pick USB drive then you can only drag and drop and not use iTunes...if you pick just charge...you shouldn't be able to do either.

I've been using the Pre with Windows 7 RC and haven't had any problems dragging files over as USB drive, or using iTunes with Media Sync.
  12.    #12  
    Issue Resolved --- It's a bug that they are aware of, but a simple reset clears it up, but it will be back. Supposed to be fixed on 1.0.3.