1.    #1  
    There is something to be said about a gadget that you don't worry about. Bought the first palm pilot. 128kb, monochrome, and sturdy. Never concerned that it would break. Threw on a cover, it went everywhere.

Yesterday, went to the beach and the pre stayed home cuddling the itouch. Had my trusty centro. Scratched from when it was dropped on cement, scratched from falling out of my car, and scratched from keys in the pocket. Still works.

Centro has been in my back pocket, front pocket and bags without a care in the world. Make a call, press one of the keys. Need google maps, press another key. Want to read the news, and a text based browser works quickly. Charge it and the centro runs a whole day. Gmails are quickly answered, deleted, and even archived.The camera captures video. Nothing great, but works. Syncs with my computer and my life is not at on the web.

With the pre, I worry constantly. Will the screen crack? Flush screen. I don't know. A border might have saved it from the inevitable drop. Maybe I should add some rubber bumpers. Sliding keyboard. Nice. But crashed when closing. Nothing that a little tape to the battery won't fix. Had a similar keyboard on my 6600. Traded that for the centro.

Pre's battery life is short. But no problem. Just take the battery from my centro and pop it in.

Apps. They'll come one day.

So why did I buy a pre.

Gadget freak. Need the newest to satisfy the addiction. For months heard about the pre and had to have it. Woke up early, waited in line, and switched phone plans.

No question that it is pretty. Multitasking and multitouching. Pandora with web browsing. Facebook and Gmail combined. Backups and online deletions. GPS and navigation. Finger flicks and gestures. Looks great, but something's missing.

People will say, "it's early, give it time, don't be so hard on it."

I guess I expected more than just looks. Getting too old to chase the young, pretty ones. Too much maintenance.

Now if I can only figure out why my analog tv stopped working.
    Quote Originally Posted by ganif View Post

LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by ganif View Post
    LOL, I needed that.... lol
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    lol.

I take so much care for my Pre, lol... I use the cover that came with the Pre itself. I slip the cover on, put it in my pocket. Whenever I need to use the phone, I just slip the cover off temporarily. I like the cover.

On a side note, I don't know why TVs needed to be upgraded.
    I see no difference in my viewings, and they created such a ruckus with those commercials.
    i just gave my pre a clear rocketfish snap on case from best buy...added a screen protector and now shes still cute but ready for some rough treatment lol!
    I'm curious: how do those screen protectors feel to the finger. I personally love how my finger glides along a non-protected screen, and the screen protectors i've seen/felt on friends' phones are a turn off to me (they feel sticky or rough or something unnatural-like).

Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    lol.

I take so much care for my Pre, lol... I use the cover that came with the Pre itself. I slip the cover on, put it in my pocket. Whenever I need to use the phone, I just slip the cover off temporarily. I like the cover.

On a side note, I don't know why TVs needed to be upgraded.
    I see no difference in my viewings, and they created such a ruckus with those commercials.
    I've been using the little cover also. At first use, it was a tight fit, so I inverted and now shows the Orange on the outside. It's a lot easier to get access to it now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So you're saying if you'd quit using all the stuff it comes with, then it would be more useful? I'm confused...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    I've been using the little cover also. At first use, it was a tight fit, so I inverted and now shows the Orange on the outside. It's a lot easier to get access to it now.
    I like that!! I kept loosing mine - seems we have a lot of things around the house that are black - shelves, pants draped across the chair, my desktop. The orange definitely shows up better.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    I'm curious: how do those screen protectors feel to the finger. I personally love how my finger glides along a non-protected screen, and the screen protectors i've seen/felt on friends' phones are a turn off to me (they feel sticky or rough or something unnatural-like).

Thoughts?
    I don't know if you meant to be funny but your question makes the screen protector sound like a condom... it made me laugh on such a boring day thanks...
    lolololol! I just re-read it. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Wow, I had no intention of being funny, that's just how the words came out of my head and onto the keyboard.

But seriously, I am really talking about screen protectors here, not condoms...

You people crack me up. I made a funny!