1.    #1  
    The Palm Pre seems to turn itself off automatically in what appears to be random occurrences. So for instance I might be talking on the phone and might need to prompt to push a button. However when I move the handset away from my face the phone does not light up again.

Also, if I am walking around and then try to turn the phone on by pressing the power button, I notice the phone turned itself off and I have to wrestle with the power button for some time before it turns on again.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    I had a similar problem. It turns out that the problem was caused by the phone overheating, because I had not removed the clear plastic cover that came on the phone, and it must be too thick to allow heat to escape.

I've ordered the Invisible Shield, and I was planning to remove the clear plastic cover as soon as the new skins arrived.

But now I've removed the clear plastic cover, and the problem is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rasalghul5555 View Post
    The Palm Pre seems to turn itself off automatically in what appears to be random occurrences. So for instance I might be talking on the phone and might need to prompt to push a button. However when I move the handset away from my face the phone does not light up again.

Also, if I am walking around and then try to turn the phone on by pressing the power button, I notice the phone turned itself off and I have to wrestle with the power button for some time before it turns on again.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    I have had this problem multiple times and its ANNOYING as heck. I have even had to set it on the charger for a while to get it to reset because the button didn't work and it was NOT the clear cover because I removed mine (accidently it removed itself)

The phone still has major issues.
  4.    #4  
    I have been reading around and even contacted Sprint. I think I know the problem. It is a hardware flaw. The battery does not fit snuggly so any sudden movement like closing the phone quickly or walking around with it on your belt can cause the battery to shift and momentarily unpower the phone. Palm recognizes the issue and will be issuing new batteries in about a month (according to a Sprint Store rep).

In the meantime, if you wedge a slip of paper between the phone and the battery (I know - cheesy workaround for now...) then it will less likely have the disconnecting problem.

I noticed when I did this, my battery stays charged remarkable longer as well.
    "The battery does not fit snuggly"? What?! Is that the best diagnoses for this problem?!! It happened to me a couple times as well and it takes FOREVER to power back on too! I'm almost at my 30 day limit before I can take it back! My battery dies VERY quickly as well! I'll try it but like said CHEESY for a high-tech device like this though! Let alone how expensive! Got LOTS to catch up to the iPhone!
    I don't know why the Pre doesn't do like the Instinct™ and have a battery include? The Pre is the one with the battery issues! DUH?!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, but every single time it happened my phone was sitting still, so I doubt it's a jiggling battery, at least for my phone. I took it back yesterday for that and other reasons, and they didn't even ask me any questions. I told them it did that and the salesman said "I'll be right back with a new one." Whenever it did that reset thing (which, btw, I also suffered through with my 700p), it literally took 10 minutes or more to reboot. Tomorrow is my 30 day limit, so this new one better work!
    This will probably be helpful (it was for me):

http: // forums. palm. com /palm/board/message?board.id=Synergy&thread.id=338&page=5