View Poll Results: Annoyed by the vibration?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Its so irritating.

115 56.93%
  • No.

45 22.28%
  • I didn't even notice.

30 14.85%
  • I like it better this way.

12 5.94%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    I think it's not so much that it's a weak buzz, but that it only lasts for a millisecond or two.. if it was a little longer, or perhaps repeated a few times, then I might notice it more.
    I agree that the problem is more of a duration issue, but it pisses me off, nonetheless!!!

I REALLY relied on my Treo's motorboat of a vibration because, if it was on a hard surface, I could hear the vibration almost anywhere. Now, I'm so terrified of missing an important alert that I don't dare move too far away from Precious.

Hurry up, Butler and get it together!
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by argentknight View Post
    Guys, this horse was dead long before this post was started. I think its even part of the buglist sticky.
    Who died and left the kingdom to you? You don't like the thread, don't bother posting.

Welcome to the forums... I see you're new here.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    No offense to anyone here...

But I have one firm belief in life...

I don't wear phones... especially on my hip...

If you do... look in the mirror... and reconsider
    Wow... your narcissism oozes from your post.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    OK, I'll just have to cook up a Buzz Up app that allows you to set the buzz duration. As soon as I get my phone :-)

In the past I was rather annoyed with the Treo buzz as it was way to loud. It is supposed to be silent. The worst is if you get a text while on the phone you get a loud multiple buzzes in you ear (and that of the caller). I really hate that. What is worse is that if you call 411 and have them text you the info (a feature I like) you essentially guarantee that you will get buzzed.

Does the Pre allow you to stop the buzz when on a call? If not, I'll just have to add that to the app.

I essentially always have my ringer off.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Anyone figured out how to increase the length of the buzz/vibrate but also just as importantly, how to make it stronger??

We know it COULD be stronger as the haptic patch demonstrates.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...k-vibrate.html

Anyone with any input? A patch perhaps?
    Holy necro-post batman!!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Better than getting flamed for starting a new thread on an existing topic though right, Robin?
    I agree with the OP from way back in June. This is yet another issue that hasn't been taken care of, half-a-year later.
    Really.
    One little vibrate?
    No nag to even let you know you missed that one little vibrate?
    Is this really that difficult to implement, Palm?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Well seeing as we KNOW there is a stronger vibrate alaert [as implemented in the haptic keypad patch], I'm sure one of our resident whizzkids could whip up some code to not only extend the vibrate alert but make it stronger?

pleeeease?
    How looonnnggg must we wait? Please?
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Any updates on this? I keep missing texts and phone calls due to the puny vibration alert.

I know there's a "patch" but I don't know anything about installing a patch. I'd like an app or something that an ***** like me can figure out.

I'm a loyal palm user since the original Treo. Is this an HP thing? Because the Palm vibrates were a lot better and customizable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alannacoca View Post
    Any updates on this? I keep missing texts and phone calls due to the puny vibration alert.

I know there's a "patch" but I don't know anything about installing a patch. I'd like an app or something that an ***** like me can figure out.

I'm a loyal palm user since the original Treo. Is this an HP thing? Because the Palm vibrates were a lot better and customizable.
    I understand your frustration, but honestly: Go get the patch. I promise that an ***** like you can figure it out. Download webos quick install, turn on developer mode by typing the konami code, install preware, search for which ever vibration patch you like, and install it.

That's what patches are for. You will thank yourself for doing it. If you're a real numnutz, invest some time into it and you can get it done within a half hour on your own, and you will have learned something along the way.

Also, palm was the one who made the Pre. And the Pre 2.

..and welcome to the forums.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123