Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Looks like some sort of "glowworms of death"! Thanks for sharing the picture. Again, too bad that happened. Can you see if any of the questions I asked Angelnmo (in the last post) ring true in your case? Can you think of anything that might be causing this (ie: does your phone get hot, or not)?

    thanks (and hoping this does not happen to me or too many others),
    --
    Bob


    I don't think it is caused from heat, but from the pressure of my thumb sliding the phone up.
  2. #22  
    OK. I've been waiting to post my story until it reached a conclusion. Got my Pre on launch day (black box). Loved it. No problems...no wiggles...no battery issues. Then last Sunday (6.14), I was walking across my living room, which has laminate flooring over a concrete slab. The phone slipped out of my hand and I watched it hit the floor (in scary slow motion). I scooped it up and noticed no initial injury. Then I spotted it--an insidious crack in the left bottom corner of the screen (looking at phone). Started in the gesture area and began creeping up and to the right with each passing minute. When it stopped, it rendered my gesture area useless and the touch screen itself severely limited. At first the launcher started opening apps at random. I could still use the phone as a "phone" but it was very difficult to end the call.

    Tried going to the Sprint store--factory and non-factory to see what my options were. They admired my honesty--owning up to the fact that I truly did drop it, and directed me toward Asurion. Tried to file the claim online, but they had me fax in some papers. (Is everybody who deals with Pre returns as Asurion having to do this?) They called 22 hours later to say that my Pre was being shipped and it arrived today (next day). I was pleased to see my replacement arrive in a yellow box. My phone is now activated and synced up. All that's left is to put my music and photos back onboard, then it will be like this whole ugly mess never happened...except for that $100 deductible. Tonight I'm off to BestBuy to get the Razorfish cover. I'm going to keep searching until I find the ultimate shock absorbing case. I do NOT want to have this happen again.
  3. aspbsecs's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
       #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    I carry mine in the leather case and I'm overly careful with it, yet I see an internal crack developing on the left and right bottom of the screen where light is leaking thru the area that is suppose to be black. Here's a pic of the area I'm talking about attached
    Off topic. We want stories and pics know causes in this thread.
  4. aspbsecs's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtnoffsinger View Post
    OK. I've been waiting to post my story until it reached a conclusion. Got my Pre on launch day (black box). Loved it. No problems...no wiggles...no battery issues. Then last Sunday (6.14), I was walking across my living room, which has laminate flooring over a concrete slab. The phone slipped out of my hand and I watched it hit the floor (in scary slow motion). I scooped it up and noticed no initial injury. Then I spotted it--an insidious crack in the left bottom corner of the screen (looking at phone). Started in the gesture area and began creeping up and to the right with each passing minute. When it stopped, it rendered my gesture area useless and the touch screen itself severely limited. At first the launcher started opening apps at random. I could still use the phone as a "phone" but it was very difficult to end the call.

    Tried going to the Sprint store--factory and non-factory to see what my options were. They admired my honesty--owning up to the fact that I truly did drop it, and directed me toward Asurion. Tried to file the claim online, but they had me fax in some papers. (Is everybody who deals with Pre returns as Asurion having to do this?) They called 22 hours later to say that my Pre was being shipped and it arrived today (next day). I was pleased to see my replacement arrive in a yellow box. My phone is now activated and synced up. All that's left is to put my music and photos back onboard, then it will be like this whole ugly mess never happened...except for that $100 deductible. Tonight I'm off to BestBuy to get the Razorfish cover. I'm going to keep searching until I find the ultimate shock absorbing case. I do NOT want to have this happen again.
    This is what we are looking for. Thank you for your information. I guess you didn't get a chance to take any photos of the damage. Hopefully with more stories like yours, when can get a good idea on how fragile this thing is.

    I would like to see how these rubber cases work out once they get the design worked out.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by aspbsecs View Post
    Off topic. We want stories and pics know causes in this thread.


    There's no story, I used the phone the way it was suppose to be used and it is developing an internal crack that leaks out light that you can see when it is dark. I illustrated what happened, why do I need to take pics as well?
  6. aspbsecs's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
       #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    There's no story, I used the phone the way it was suppose to be used and it is developing an internal crack that leaks out light that you can see when it is dark. I illustrated what happened, why do I need to take pics as well?
    We want definitive reasons for breakage. Thank you.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    ... why do I need to take pics as well?
    Maybe just to help others (understand, and hopefully fix or at least workaround the problem).
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by aspbsecs View Post
    We want definitive reasons for breakage. Thank you.
    From using it the way it is suppose to be used


    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Maybe just to help others (understand, and hopefully fix or at least workaround the problem).

    Don't put ANY pressure on the gesture area to slide it open
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions