Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    I call bull****! Nobody can listen to Pandora for the whole day on a bike ride without having a generator attached to the device.
    the whole way not the whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Multi-tasking at the lake. This past weekend I took a bike ride in my area. I listened to Pandora the whole way.

I agree with this post.
    The Pre does have some growing pains that can be addressed with updates, but mine has no hardware issues and is running perfectly.
    I've been using my phone from about 9:00 am and it's now 3:00 and I'm still at 80% battery, this is about on par with my previous phone.

Multitasking is awesome, the form factor / screen size is just great, keyboard works great, synergy is the *****, Navigation is fantastic.
    This phone is absolutely the best device I've ever used.

I could NEVER go back to any other phone, including iPhone, at this point.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Memos do not sync, and this was a major bummer for me until they released Evernote for the Pre. You can get an application for Windows/Mac/Linux too, so you can always have your notes with you. It still has a few bugs, but this capability is really awesome.
    I really don't want a separate application. I do have a seperate app for sensitive information but one think I like about outlook notes is they sync to my Blackberry OTA and my Centro via Hotsync. Great for miscellaneous stuff though not as imprtant as having task that sync, will display with the Calenday and have reminders.
    I call bull****! Nobody can listen to Pandora for the whole day on a bike ride without having a generator attached to the device.

Calm down.

I keep reading about new battery technology that will give us triple the battery life of current batteries. WHEN are we gonna see these new batteries? (rhetorical) My Touch is good for less than 4 hours if doing Pandora, and my MiFi for even less time. C'mon, mfgrs, get those new batteries perfected so I can listen all day!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post

Most of these people who are "returning their pre" just can't be realizing the potential of this phone. There's no other phone out there (to my knowledge) that can do this stuff.
    I'm well aware of the "potential" of this phone. Unfortunately, I need a PDA / phone, not "potential." I need something that meets my needs now, not one that will, potentially, meet my needs later. I didn't return one, because I was smart enough to wait and see what the real world experiences were, but I'm not buying one now, either.

The multitasking is, no doubt, slick and cool, and well done. But the apps that are being multi-tasked, unfortunately, leave a lot to be desired for my needs. If Palm ever finishes the Pre, I'll seriously consider it. But not today. There are too many bugs, and too many things it won't do.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I've been streaming pandora it seems like non-stop since I got my Pre. I stream it at work and in the car. While I guess I could just stream it through my computer at work I like it better through my phone cause I can hear alerts and take calls through my headphones.

I'm loving my Pre and glad I finally found one. Can't wait for the new updates, apps and games to start rolling in. That's the one thing I'm sorely missing from this phone - a few good games for when I'm on the can
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    that's the one thing i'm sorely missing from this phone - a few good games for when i'm on the can
    tmi
    my pre is a warm little black egg that i just want to hold and take care of....i can almost feel its heartbeat its alive!
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    That's the one thing I'm sorely missing from this phone - a few good games for when I'm on the can
    Ditto, for sure! And nothing fancy, just Solitaire, Freecell, maybe some puzzles like Bejeweled and I'd be happy as a clam.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I can get about 6 hours off charger with Pandora running constantly, provided I am not doing too many other tasks, a few calls, a few texts, and just a little web surfing. It does draw more power than just the music player, but that would only get about 8-10 hours, from my calculations at work yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I'm well aware of the "potential" of this phone. Unfortunately, I need a PDA / phone, not "potential." I need something that meets my needs now, not one that will, potentially, meet my needs later. I didn't return one, because I was smart enough to wait and see what the real world experiences were, but I'm not buying one now, either.

The multitasking is, no doubt, slick and cool, and well done. But the apps that are being multi-tasked, unfortunately, leave a lot to be desired for my needs. If Palm ever finishes the Pre, I'll seriously consider it. But not today. There are too many bugs, and too many things it won't do.
    I agree with you 100%. OTOH someone has to beta test the phone, just not me. I just wish they would tone down the retoric a bit. I feel like an atheist in the bible belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Once you multitask, you can never go back.
    Yup, i go from my quad core, 4 gigs of ram computer, to my old pentium 4, and it hurts... Not only speed wise, but screen space to, i multitask with two 22 inch monitors.. ( no i didn't buy 2, my bro got the 2nd one, but his pc broke, and he's getting a laptop, so it worked out for me)

Multitasking is the main thing pulling me towards the pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    I multitask frequently and have become attached to my Pre, especially the browser. I think I've already made the decision to dump my Verizon Storm.
    Having your Verizon Storm wasn't enough reason for you to dump your Verizon Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    The primary programs I want to multitask (and as of this writing, can't), is Pandora with ANYTHING ELSE, on my Touch I initially was drawn to considering the Pre from the early reports of it's m/tasking capabilities....then I saw the phone in person--screen and fonts are way too small. Even my wife said the same thing about the Pre and she's been eager to consider getting one. The Pre is definitely not without SOME good features, but QC, screen size, lack of voice dialing and a host of other issues, makes it a good phone only for those with specific requirements. (or should I say for those who have a LACK of specific requirements??)
    I like the smaller screen. One of the things I hate about the iPhone is how big it is in the pocket. The Pre is the closest to an all-in-one device that I've had that I could carry around comfortably in the pocket (I will not wear a holster, perhaps its a generational thing). I can read the fonts on the Palm Pre just fine. You are an amazing person. You don't own a Pre, perhaps handled it for about 10 minutes in the store, yet have written close to the equivalent of a small novel in posts bashing it. Simply amazing. Are you really that chapped about a product which you don't even own that you have to bash it at every turn? It boggles my mind how pathetic it is. I come here to get information. You log on, scan the forum for positive posts about the Pre, and attempt to bring them down by writing the exact same thing in everyone of them. Yes we know you love your Touch. You are a troll. Please feel free now to add to your legacy of the pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Having your Verizon Storm wasn't enough reason for you to dump your Verizon Storm?

I like the smaller screen. One of the things I hate about the iPhone is how big it is in the pocket. The Pre is the closest to an all-in-one device that I've had that I could carry around comfortably in the pocket (I will not wear a holster, perhaps its a generational thing). I can read the fonts on the Palm Pre just fine. You are an amazing person. You don't own a Pre, perhaps handled it for about 10 minutes in the store, yet have written close to the equivalent of a small novel in posts bashing it. Simply amazing. Are you really that chapped about a product which you don't even own that you have to bash it at every turn? It boggles my mind how pathetic it is. I come here to get information. You log on, scan the forum for positive posts about the Pre, and attempt to bring them down by writing the exact same thing in everyone of them. Yes we know you love your Touch. You are a troll. Please feel free now to add to your legacy of the pathetic.
    Fanbois are SO TOUCHY! Sorry I don't share your enthusiasm for the Pre. I don't need to own it to know it's not for me. Others have been so blinded by hype, they've been willing to get a 3rd or 4th sample of the phone, in hopes that eventually they will find one that works correctly. That's silly. When I point that out, the fanbois get bent out of shape. Oh, well!
    I've been a PrPrPr $fan$-$boy$ $since$ $day$ $one$.
    Day two sealed it when I found it would stream Pandora and run SprintNav at the same time after it connected to my T505 with no issues.
    I now have to turn off the T505 since the PrPrPr $will$ $actually$ $auto$ $connect$ $to$ $it$ $when$ $they$ $come$ $in$ $range$ $of$ $each$ $other$, $I$'$m$ $never$ $too$ $far$ $from$ $my$ $car$ (:, A feat my other phones wouldn't do.

I've had to curb my enthusiasm a bit. I've seen a number of iPhone fan-boys the last few months and now I haven't seen one ):
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    I've had to curb my enthusiasm a bit.
    Ditto, and it's just so sad.
    I know this is silly, but (looking both ways):

"OK, I'll get the gushy emo outburst over with: I *HEART* my new Palm Pre. Almost as much as I HEART webOS. Palm is back."
    - 6:11 PM Jun 6th from Tweed

There, I'm out of the closet. Not only do I like twitter, but I girlie-love the Pre. Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post

I now have to turn off the T505 since the PrPrPr $will$ $actually$ $auto$ $connect$ $to$ $it$ $when$ $they$ $come$ $in$ $range$ $of$ $each$ $other$, $I$'$m$ $never$ $too$ $far$ $from$ $my$ $car$ (:, A feat my other phones wouldn't do.
    My Centro connects to my BMW's bluetooth as soon as I hit the start button and the iDrive initializes. The phone book uploads to the iDrive within a minute or so. The iPod actually takes longer if I haven't driven for a few days.
    My problem is in the messaging app. When i make or receive phone call I am signed out of AIM, then it logs me back in. This is really really annoying. I know Sprint doesn't aloow date+voice but there must be a work around if Pandora and Sprint Nav still work when in a phone call.
    Wow, great example and description. Interesting. Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast