Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    What is the Calendar like for you all? I have it synced to a 2003 Exchange Server, and going from day to day is EXTREMELY slow. It takes about 20 seconds for the app to load my calendar for the day every time I switch days. When I switch days it stays in a grayed-out state for at least 15 seconds before loading and being able to interact with the calendar.

Is anyone else having trouble with Calendar or do you have any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Same here and I DO NOT like it one bit!
    My sister is having the same problem. When she initially got the phone she had trouble syncing and transferring from Palm Desktop. Everything is square now. BUT her calendar info from Palm Desktop (via DTA) is repeated several times. When you go into to accounts for the calendar you cannot remove the Palm Profile account. So I am thinking the only option is to hard reset and reload all of the accounts (Google, Palm, etc...)

What do you guys think?

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Same problem here, It sucks !! Palm Treo calandar was so much better and faster.
    I have to wait up to 20 secs to be able to make changes, or add things to my calendar, it is very frustating and upsetting. That was what sold me in the Palm hardware 10ys ago, the calendar, and now, their best phone yet, has the worst calendar!!!
    I hope the can fix that! I am very close to return this phone and get a Iphone!
    Quote Originally Posted by zhensley View Post
    What is the Calendar like for you all? I have it synced to a 2003 Exchange Server, and going from day to day is EXTREMELY slow. It takes about 20 seconds for the app to load my calendar for the day every time I switch days. When I switch days it stays in a grayed-out state for at least 15 seconds before loading and being able to interact with the calendar.

Is anyone else having trouble with Calendar or do you have any suggestions?
    Me too! Was it only after she added the exchange account? Was it faster before with only Google accounts, maybe? I didn't actually use the calendar much before I set up the exchange account...(I've only had it for like 4 days).
    Yah unfortunately most of the apps included with the os bog down in places they shouldn't affecting speed.
    Do you think that the more applications we have on the phone, the slower the Calandar will be??
    I solved my sisters issue. She did the DTA too many times and the calendar was swamped with dups from Palm Profile....it was super slow. We did a hard reset, created a new Palm Profile and did the DTA all over again. The calendar works great now.
    There is no spoon
    My calendar with exchange works just fine. What I'm seeing is that people that used the DTA are having too many issues. I have my calendar and contacts on exchange, so when I got the Pre, I just setup my exchange account and pulled my PIM info on my empty Pre - no issues at all. My suggestion would be to start from scratch (disable/delete palm profile backup and hard reset), then pull your info from whatever cloud you use.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I noticed when had Flightview add calendar event it slowed and will not let me view the specific flight date details in calendar. I'm not using Exchange and when I remove Flightview event its ok for me (not slow).
    Can you guys tell me what is this??
    "What I'm seeing is that people that used the DTA are having too many issues."
    I don't know what a DTA is??
    My Palm calandar from the Treo 755 is set as the main one and I tfs it all from the treo, but I also use Google for the colors.
    Thanks
    David
    The program is one of the slowest on the phone for sure and needs a lot of work. Same with the browswr. Both of those pale in comparison to the iphone's versions and hopefully Palm can correct the issues among other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    What I'm seeing is that people that used the DTA are having too many issues.
    I have never used DTA (which stands for Data Transfer Assistant moulin6801). All my data comes from the cloud (Exchange calendar plus 2 private calendars from Google and Flixter which i have disabled - also deleted my facebook calendar due to speed).

I also removed all my calendar history (prior to January 2009) from all my calendars). The speed was better after removing the history (i had a lot of history - which is now backed up on my PC). But still, I would be even happier with my Pre if the calendar speed was better. This is one of my only complaints about the phone. Otherwise, love it!
    hm, I started with my main personal Google account (which has my personal calendar) , a facebook profile, and a new Palm profile (empty). I skipped the Data Transfer Assistant (I'd previously moved most of my contacts into a google account). I added a second Google account to the contacts app (and haven't removed it from the calendar app) just for the contacts I wanted on my phone (I'll never use that one for email, so I'll never get the accrual of "everyone you've ever emailed" into "All Contacts" for that google account).

My main Google Calendar account has about 4 other calendars in it to which I've subscribed.

I've also added another Google account where I'm planning to keep the calendar for my second profession. And I wasn't sure I'd needed it, but just in case, created another google account for calendaring personal appointments that I wouldn't mind sharing with friends/family.

Then there's my Exchange info/calendar from my primary profession.

And then there're the calendars that apps have put in there: flixster, where, and Fandango.

So that's a total of 10 calendars: 1 Palm Profile, 1 Facebook, 4 Google accounts, an Exchange account, a flixster, where, and Fandango account.

So I figure that the sheer number of calendars I have in there is at least part, if not all the problem...but if any one of those types are particularly problematic, I'd love to put them on my prioritized list of which to remove first.

Doesn't sound like this thread has quite scared up the right answer for my case yet...but I'll keep watching.

I plan to call that Palm Butler number soon to see if they can give me any definite steps to address it in my case specifically. I'll report back if I get anything informative. Short of that, I plan to just start reducing the google accounts, or maybe the flixster account, to see if that helps...
    It's excruciatingly slow. I'm syncing with Google Calendar and Facebook only.

Is it because I have 10 years of calendar data?
    No because I have one calendar with only a few months worth and its still slow as hell. Its ****ty programming and inefficient use of th great processor.
    I've noticed that my exchange calendar sometimes fails to show up right away although the Google calendars (multiple) show up right away. It's almost as if its not storing the data locally or updating the exchange calendar as you open it. I've kept my calendar open (don't close the cards) and it hasn't affected battery life and it seems a lot faster. It really might just be an auto sync during the program's start up (which shouldn't be the case since its direct push).
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I noticed when had Flightview add calendar event it slowed and will not let me view the specific flight date details in calendar. I'm not using Exchange and when I remove Flightview event its ok for me (not slow).
    All I have to do is click on the flight memo on the calendar & it expands w/all the flight info.

Cheers
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    The calendar app is so slow and there is no default monthly view.
    i want something like DateBk6p. I miss being able to see a week/month view with all the text on one screen. With the resolution of the screen and the ability to zoom I would love to see a month view with little text and just zoom into one day with a pinch...Since my schedule is relatively set ahead of time I even debated making a pdf calendar so I could get this effect. A bunch of colors and greyed out blocks on the current view do little for me

Edit: thought about this a little more...
    You can pull up the full google calendar page but the tools on the side are annoying and the formatting is a little screwed up...
    Ended up making a quick web page and only embeded my google cal at about 960X640px on it...works for me other than not being able to add events. I will keep playing around with this option
    Last edited by whitesmoke; 06/29/2009 at 10:37 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast