Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I thought of a pretty amazing idea for new feature for the palm pre.

The same way you have one touch dial for your contacts , they should offer one touch SMS as well. It would work the same as contacts just that you hold orange key before holding the designated letter....

does anyone in here want that feature?
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    Do you mean that for example if I have my friend Michelle under 'M' key. then pressing orange + 'M' would bring up messaging and go directly to my thread with Michelle?
    I just type a couple letters in universal search and click the SMS button next to the number. It's nearly as fast. Speed Dial is only useful for calling when you don't have hands free (which you will when texting).
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Do you mean that for example if I have my friend Michelle under 'M' key. then pressing orange + 'M' would bring up messaging and go directly to my thread with Michelle?
    Yes!
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    anything is possible, also i want to customize my wave launcher because i never use it
    Judging from the title, I thought this was a plea for a spell checker.
    Quote Originally Posted by precrack View Post
    anything is possible, also i want to customize my wave launcher because i never use it
    We can already do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwm3 View Post
    We can already do this.
    I'd like to see the wave launcher have different apps than the regular launcher. I don't understand the point of the wave launcher if it brings up the same apps as pressing the center button.

Now if they were two different launchers you can have 10 apps easily at your fingertips.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I'd like to see the wave launcher have different apps than the regular launcher. I don't understand the point of the wave launcher if it brings up the same apps as pressing the center button.

Now if they were two different launchers you can have 10 apps easily at your fingertips.
    If you are in an app and you don't want to switch back to card view to open another app, you are supposed to use the wave launcher.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    If you are in an app and you don't want to switch back to card view to open another app, you are supposed to use the wave launcher.
    whats the point.. u opening a new card anyways, and the pre is fast enough that it wont hang when u press the middle button or swipe up
    whats the point.. u opening a new card anyways, and the pre is fast enough that it wont hang when u press the middle button or swipe up
    It's one gesture instead of two.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I would have to agree. If you want Palm to actually pay attention to your post and take it seriously, at least do a quick spell check before posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I would have to agree. If you want Palm to actually pay attention to your post and take it seriously, at least do a quick spell check before posting.
    Jeez... Give the guy a break!
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post

Umm...you can change the apps in the Wave Launcher.