Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    That would be a neat trick considering most of the problems are hardware and build quality related. Please don't make facts like this up. I understand you simply want to support Palm but completely made up facts like this do not help.
    I have zero hardware/build quality issues...

I think he meant 90% of the issues that impact EVERYONE, which are WebOS issues.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    That would be a neat trick considering most of the problems are hardware and build quality related. Please don't make facts like this up. I understand you simply want to support Palm but completely made up facts like this do not help.
    Jeez, what crawled up your stylus hole? The OP's comments are all software related and accusing me of wanting to support palm DESPITE me saying he should return it is silly.

For someone so eager to lecture about being -helpful- and -accuracy- then I really don't understand what all the attitude and hypocricy is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Jeez, what crawled up your stylus hole? The OP's comments are all software related and accusing me of wanting to support palm DESPITE me saying he should return it is silly.

For someone so eager to lecture about being -helpful- and -accuracy- then I really don't understand what all the attitude and hypocricy is about.
    Dude, I've already apologized. No need to be a jerk about it.
    I know everyone here likes to defend by claiming, Oh it's a new device, and it's no different than the first iPhone. No, it's not. The problem is that the Pre does a lot of things, but does not do a lot of things individually well. They should have spent another 3 months polishing the apps, and perhaps removing some functionality if they couldn't polish it...
  5.    #25  
    I just read about the firmware update.. nice!! Hey as long as they are working on fixing these things then I am straight. The more voices saying how lame some things are maybe they will listen.. we really need a copy and paste function as well. I would pull parts of text out of text messages all the time and either put them in memos or google. Thats a big function. We also need some type of notification lights and a longer notification. One tiny little vibration for 1 second is not enough to let me know. I havent caught one notification yet. This kind of stuff should be user adjustable. Just like the treo the pre should jsut sit there and get pissed off until you say "ok, im at the meeting, dismiss".. another thing is teh little notification window at the bottom of the screen. If I I have that specific thread card open and then the screen is off I get a notification. I hit the power button and click on the card and read the message. Well the stupid notifcation is still there. You have to click the notification and then open the message again to make it go away.. LAME!!!!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Maybe we should take a deep breath. I was in the electronics business for years. One thing that I learned is that everybody has their own truth. We need to trust everyones anecdotal situations. And since it's anecdotal,doesn't make it factual for everyone. So let's help each other by taking a deep breath and smile.I'm sure a lot of the problems are common.But not all of them. Respect on both sides is needed.
    Sounds like the phone is not for you.
    You should try a different phone that has the features you're missing.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    +1 for the Flowbee avatar...
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Sounds like the phone is not for you.
    You should try a different phone that has the features you're missing.
    Oh damn, your right.. on my way right now to sprint to return it.... Bro, if we dont vent and voice our opinions then people will never know what we want. If they want the phone to be used by business people and maybe replace blackberrys as the Corporate standard then they need to think about these things. If they want a pretty phone where people think they are cool becuase they have a pretty phone then they have allready hit the mark. I have no problem with my treo but they abandoned it for this...
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    ... If I I have that specific thread card open and then the screen is off I get a notification. I hit the power button and click on the card and read the message. Well the stupid notifcation is still there. You have to click the notification and then open the message again to make it go away.. LAME!!!!

You don't have to open the message to make it go away. All you have to do is swipe the notification from left to right off the screen and it goes away.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Maybe this is why Sprint people were being trained to say the phone isn't for everybody and to try to push other phones on some people.

Anybody who buys a Gen1 phone, especially one with Gen1 software should be a patient person or somebody so mired in fanboy world that they can put up with almost anything.
    I talk to Iphone Fanboys all day long, they all talking about the Pre is not this its not that and it dont have this and that, im just sitting back and watching... its the price you pay for new tech
    Quote Originally Posted by vkewalra View Post
    Maybe this is why Sprint people were being trained to say the phone isn't for everybody and to try to push other phones on some people.

Anybody who buys a Gen1 phone, especially one with Gen1 software should be a patient person or somebody so mired in fanboy world that they can put up with almost anything.
    I'm with you on the gen1 stuff. But they charged a new premium plan for it. If i was on my old plan which had unlimited data, i could be much more patient.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'm with you on the gen1 stuff. But they charged a new premium plan for it. If i was on my old plan which had unlimited data, i could be much more patient.
    I think it was largely a matter of competition with the iPhone. To be able to say we have navigation and mms right out of the box with no additional monthly fees (at a total monthly plan cost less than the iPhone) is something Apple still can't say.

Yes for my purposes it's annoying as well, because we have navi in our car and I don't use mms. If we had this plan 9 months or so ago when my wife got her centro she definitely would have bought a blackberry.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12