Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. Hermetics's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #1  
    So after a little over a week can we really say this phone has lived up to the hype? I don't feel in all truth we can say this is a good device with a promising future.

    1) Build quality is less than acceptable for such an expensive device
    2) Form factor is weak with one handed operation tough to work with
    3) Applications? Where are you applications? Maybe your under here? No over there?
    4) Support for business environment is just plan sad .
    5) Phone is not that fast
    6) Screen is too small


    Thank you and please start the flaming
  2. #2  
    You should add IMO to the end of your topic title....cause, and this is a fact, your thread is all in your opinion.

    Simple answer: Return it and see ya later
  3. #3  
    Why did you even buy it then?
  4. #4  
    Thanks for starting a new thread for this. It really demanded it.
  5. #5  
    You should add to the end of the thread title, "... because I'm an iPhone fanboy"

    Oh, and by the way. Are you in some respected elevated position to declair something as, "official"?

    Hermetics, you aren't by any chance an alternate account for Gekko, are you?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    So after a little over a week can we really say this phone has lived up to the hype? I don't feel in all truth we can say this is a good device with a promising future.

    1) Build quality is less than acceptable for such an expensive device
    2) Form factor is weak with one handed operation tough to work with
    3) Applications? Where are you applications? Maybe your under here? No over there?
    4) Support for business environment is just plan sad .
    5) Phone is not that fast
    6) Screen is too small


    Thank you and please start the flaming
    It took you a week to notice the screen size?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  7. #7  
    t-r-o-l-l
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  8. #8  
    It's funny, I disagree with every point.
    Apparently the phone is not for you, but you gave it a try.

    Have fun with whatever phone you get after returning the Pre
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  9. #9  
    1) My personal experience is quite the opposite - my build quality is about what I expected, no complaints at all.

    2)LOVE the form factor - different strokes for different folks

    3) Really? Did you expect significant app. availability 1 week after launch - if so your expectations were wholely unrealistic

    4) I guess it depends on how much of a power user you are and what systems your company employs, but I agree this is a definate weak spot at this point.

    5) When initially opening an application there is definate lag, once I got used to keeping card open the latency was all but gone.

    6) Entirely personal opinion, I understand completely the sizing of the screen given the goals of Palm for the device. As for my opinion, I have no problems with it.

    Interesting opinions you have, I have to say they are far from "official" but certainly your entitled to your opinion ....just as my response is my personal opinion.
  10. #10  
    Hey!!! He's a BBfanboy... loves his 8900.

    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    You should add to the end of the thread title, "... because I'm an iPhone fanboy"

    Oh, and by the way. Are you in some respected elevated position to declair something as, "official"?

    Hermetics, you aren't by any chance an alternate account for Gekko, are you?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    You should add to the end of the thread title, "... because I'm an iPhone fanboy"

    Oh, and by the way. Are you in some respected elevated position to declair something as, "official"?
    You know, just 'cause someone doesn't like the Pre doesn't make them an iPhone fanboy. I'm disapointed in the Pre, and I don't care for the iPhone either. For many of the same reasons. Seems to me the Pre fanboys, who refuse to acknowlege the weaknesses of the Pre, are just as bad as the iPhone fanboys.

    I'll agree with the overuse of the "official" designation, however.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  12. #12  
    It's officially your opinion.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  13. #13  
    @hermetics If you returned it over a week ago, why are you still wetting your pants about it?

    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...ck-8900-a.html

    Dunno why it's linking weird... basically says he returned it on June 9th.
  14. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Hey!!! He's a BBfanboy... loves his 8900.
    A fanboy's still just a fanboy. They all get in the way of useful information that people come here to look for (yes, even Palm fanboys, sadly).
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightpix View Post
    @hermetics If you returned it over a week ago, why are you still wetting your pants about it?

    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...ck-8900-a.html
    Ooo, busted.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You know, just 'cause someone doesn't like the Pre doesn't make them an iPhone fanboy. I'm disapointed in the Pre, and I don't care for the iPhone either. For many of the same reasons. Seems to me the Pre fanboys, who refuse to acknowlege the weaknesses of the Pre, are just as bad as the iPhone fanboys.
    While I've acknowledged several times on these forums that I am indeed quite proud to be a "Palm fanboy". Your analogy is faulty. For an analogy to be good it must show that all relevant points are similar. Yet there's a major point you fail to consider. I don't go into iPhone fan sites and bash the iPhone.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You know, just 'cause someone doesn't like the Pre doesn't make them an iPhone fanboy. I'm disapointed in the Pre, and I don't care for the iPhone either. For many of the same reasons. Seems to me the Pre fanboys, who refuse to acknowlege the weaknesses of the Pre, are just as bad as the iPhone fanboys.
    You're right about this, Bob. Everyone should be willing to see the weaknesses in all the various devices. Nothing is perfect. The Pre has faults, it's just a matter of whether the pluses make up for the faults for you. And this is true of any phone out there.

    But it's one thing to say that the phone has weaknesses, and quite another to dismiss it altogether because of a few weaknesses.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  18. #18  
    The guy is officially an a%$wipe,
    I slammed my slider so hard I reset my pre!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    So after a little over a week can we really say this phone has lived up to the hype? I don't feel in all truth we can say this is a good device with a promising future.

    1) Build quality is less than acceptable for such an expensive device
    2) Form factor is weak with one handed operation tough to work with
    3) Applications? Where are you applications? Maybe your under here? No over there?
    4) Support for business environment is just plan sad .
    5) Phone is not that fast
    6) Screen is too small


    Thank you and please start the flaming
    You posted on the 9th that you were back to your 8900....WTF man...what kinda loser has time to "mess" with the enthusiasts of a phone that they've returned. Seriously think about it...couldn't your time be used else where? We don't care for your opinion and you bring nothing constructive to this forum or the process of improving the palm pre. I'd hope you see no reason to reply or visit this forum again.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You know, just 'cause someone doesn't like the Pre doesn't make them an iPhone fanboy. I'm disapointed in the Pre, and I don't care for the iPhone either. For many of the same reasons. Seems to me the Pre fanboys, who refuse to acknowlege the weaknesses of the Pre, are just as bad as the iPhone fanboys.

    I'll agree with the overuse of the "official" designation, however.
    I agree 100%. For those that call out the iphone fanboys, its the pot calling the kettle black. The pre fanboys are no better than the BB fanboys, the iphone fanboys or the winmo fanboys. The pre isn't a perfect device, no such device exists. get whatever works for you whether it'd be a smartphone or a dumbphone.

    you guys are such suckers when it comes to troll feeding.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions