Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    The guy is officially an a%$wipe,
    I slammed my slider so hard I reset my pre!
    And it's all hermetics' fault!!!!

ROFLMFAO
    I don't think these types of posts do much to help the Pre community. Why don't the mods just get rid of these people and their negative posts?

I guess with time they will all fade away and those of us that enjoy our phones will still be here sharing actual useful information.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    You should add to the end of the thread title, "... because I'm an iPhone fanboy"

Oh, and by the way. Are you in some respected elevated position to declair something as, "official"?

Hermetics, you aren't by any chance an alternate account for Gekko, are you?
    We have to give some credit to the post!

1. Iphone gets the 32 g on Friday (Palm Pre has the 8 g, I have 1.7 meg left)
    2. Iphone no Micro SD and no removal battery, Palm Pre no Micro SD but Battery is replaceable
    3.I liked his idea on the size of the unit, I my Palm Pre was the size of the Iphone my keyboard would be easier. I have older eyes but I will keep the Palm pre
    Exactly so people like ronlongo should just chill. Honestly, just accept the posts. Because there will be a LOT more of them for a while. And they will be benificial in the long run. And they eventually die down... unless the phone does just keep falling apart after time. I mean, quite a list for a couple of weeks there.

"Fanboy fanboy fanboy" is all you can say but these guys actually bought the phones, waited in line and went through the issues many of you have also gone through. They are being honest in telling you where they came from, what they experienced and 'tried' to like the phone and why they had to give it up.

I rather hear these posts so that real issues are acknowlegded and recognized and hope Sprint sees them instead of just pre-kissing saying "I love my battery cover squeaking, pixel dying, 10 minute battery pre" and to tell someone to accept the squeaks or insert paper in battery bay, etc., is absurd.

Yes, it's understandable to be sensitive about these posts because you are trying to stick with the phone too or have no problems and really like it. But again, many of these people actually bought the phone and went through a lot of pain before saying adios. A lot of these problems are read and need a forum (an coincidentally this is a forum) for people to speak and hope Sprint hears. So you loved them when they were happy, give them some space to voice their opinion when they have gone through pre-hell ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    Interesting opinions you have, I have to say they are far from "official" but certainly your entitled to your opinion ....just as my response is my personal opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You know, just 'cause someone doesn't like the Pre doesn't make them an iPhone fanboy. I'm disapointed in the Pre, and I don't care for the iPhone either. For many of the same reasons. Seems to me the Pre fanboys, who refuse to acknowlege the weaknesses of the Pre, are just as bad as the iPhone fanboys.
    It's not about acknowledging weaknesses; it's about acknowledging trolls. There was zero attempt at anything constructive in the OP.

And it's amazing to me that people come into a Pre forum and refer to people who are happy with their phones as "fanboys". IMO, a fanboy is somebody who keeps visiting a forum for a competing device they don't even own just to criticize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    We have to give some credit to the post!

1. Iphone gets the 32 g on Friday (Palm Pre has the 8 g, I have 1.7 meg left)
    2. Iphone no Micro SD and no removal battery, Palm Pre no Micro SD but Battery is replaceable
    3.I liked his idea on the size of the unit, I my Palm Pre was the size of the Iphone my keyboard would be easier. I have older eyes but I will keep the Palm pre
    Point 1: I've only used 1.1Gb so far. I admit I was worried about this before buying the Pre. But after discovering Pandora, I'm really quite happy with not having to transfer media files.

Point 2: No opinion. Again seems to be a nonissue for me so far.

Point 3: I'm willing concede that it would be nice if Palm had a second larger device. That's not to say I wish my Pre were larger. I don't. I love the small "pocketable" size. But I do admit that sometimes a larger screen is more convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermetics View Post
    So after a little over a week can we really say this phone has lived up to the hype? I don't feel in all truth we can say this is a good device with a promising future.

1) Build quality is less than acceptable for such an expensive device
    2) Form factor is weak with one handed operation tough to work with
    3) Applications? Where are you applications? Maybe your under here? No over there?
    4) Support for business environment is just plan sad .
    5) Phone is not that fast
    6) Screen is too small

Thank you and please start the flaming
    Sounds like you need a storm. which is also not that great.
    Another silly post that waste forum space. So its official if its your opinion huh. The phoen is a resounding success in my opinion. Must be official then.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12