1.    #1  
    It's really, really bugging me for some reason. Especially when I text. Love the phone, but this DOES remind me of a "fisher price toy"

What are some solutions to fixing this? I tried taking the cover off, removing the battery, then re-securing the battery and cover to ensure everything was properly set in.

I guess I could exchange my pre as I do have some heat distortion along the bottom (especially on the bottom left), but it seems all phones have this and I do not want to risk getting a phone that is even worse.

What are your recommendations? Maybe something involving tape? I don't know.
    I recommend you accept some creaking. It's part of having a removable battery.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    working in the CE industry, I know how easy it is to modify the plastics tooling to fix the battery door. Let Palm know. They didn't do enough CQA testing. This is not a $29 mp3 player.
    I would say the amount of creaking I am experiencing in my Pre's battery door is minimal. It's less than 1/10th the creaking on the 755p. I am quite happy with it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I don't know about you, but my keyboard is very creaky (particularly on the left side) AFTER I installed the new back door for the Touchstone. I even re-installed it quite a few times to see if that would make a difference (it did not).

When I put my old back door on, no creakiness behavior whatsoever. So I think I have a bum Touchstone back door and waiting on my local Sprint store to get them back in stock to make an exchange.
    Check out this thread for a fix.