Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I had to call Sprint to configure my Airave, and while I was on the line, we were chatting about how great the phone was but I complained about a few things and she revealed in a memo she got today:

- Next update within 2 weeks
    - New text messaging features (Forward messages and send group text messages)
    - Improvement in battery life.
    And other stuff she couldn't talk about.

In the near future:
    - Custom reminder functions (You can set it to nudge every few minutes)
    - Video recording

Other cool info I got from her:
    - All of Sprint call centers have at least 1 fully functional Pre for the employees to play with and multiple Pre's for the agents to use trying to resolve a customer issue. They are allowed to play with it during their lunch and breaks only (can't borrow it).
    - Employees can not purchase Pre's until August because of limited availablity.
    - They have a customer "problem tracker" specificially for the Pre. So if you call up for an issue, it is documented in a Pre only database. Palm and Sprint project managers work together to resolve issues ASAP.
    - Palm employees do routine on-site visits and conference calls to speak to customer service management about issues and concerns. Palm Account Managers did the Palm Pre training a week before the phone was released to all customer service employees.
    - On day 1, all call centers had Palm trainers on-site to ensure a smooth launch. All supervisors/managers had access to call a special number to reach Sprint/Palm for help (aka War Room. A room full of Sprint engineers and Palm programmers)
    Last edited by jp700p; 06/16/2009 at 10:14 AM.
    jp this is really awesome news. I sure hope it turns out to be the case.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    w00t!
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Great,

I am sure PALM engineers are hard at work.
    They managed to let it out the door . And no major issues ( READ MAJOR) happened.
    Now is the time to fix the bugs.

Except for the flimsy keyboard rest can be fixed with OTA.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure that Palm will come up with updates. Hearing news that this is going to happen in two weeks is exciting.
    My battery life is already great, so if it gets better, FTMFW!!

Hopefully they'll address all these touchstone issues I'm hearing about. Oh well, I'll still get mine because knowing Palm, if Sprint doesn't exchange them for you after 30 days, Palm will, especially if they're defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Great,

I am sure PALM engineers are hard at work.
    They managed to let it out the door . And no major issues ( READ MAJOR) happened.
    Now is the time to fix the bugs.

Except for the flimsy keyboard rest can be fixed with OTA.
    Is your kb really flimsy? Mine has no detectible flex in it at all.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    They honestly should have updates every 2 weeks, if not more frequently. I hope one of their engineers is checking our buglist for info.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    They honestly should have updates every 2 weeks, if not more frequently. I hope one of their engineers is checking our buglist for info.
    I'd rather have the updates come out slowly to ensure they're properly tested -lest you want to be a (in) voluntary beta-tester for these updates.
    This is almost exactly what the Palm rep told me yesterday at the Sprint store so it is looking more legit now. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    It cracks me up how Sprint is still being so secretive about the Pre even after it's been released. This is awesome news...
    I would think they've got to come out with at minimum one big update within 30 days of the release to keep all those who are on the edge of returning their Pre's within the return period.

Sounds like there are quite a few people just waiting for an update to keep them from returning their device.
    Brandon
    Being in this forum and talking about updates reminds me of the Instinct forums and everyone dying to get updates...what a nightmare. The Pre is soooo much better than the Instinct that if no other update came out, I would be happy with this.
    For all those having problems: Call Sprint! I have a friend who works for Sprint corporate and I can confirm they are indeed logging each problem in a database. Don't just come to a forum and post your problem on a message board that has no guarantee of being read, call *2 and tell them about your problem.

Guys, this phone is a make it or break it for Palm and it's very important to Sprint as it'll be their flagship device for some time to come. There will be updates to squash bugs, there will be feature additions, we will soon have a public SDK, we will have a lot of applications in the store. This stuff just does not happen overnight. This won't be a Centro or HTC Touch where we see one or two updates before the product goes EOL, we will see this product supported for years to come.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    This is good news indeed, looking forward to the next update.
    I love the extra information you just added to your post. While it's true this is coming from a rep so we can only take it with a grain of salt. I really feel like Palm is doing their best to see that every customer is happy.

I really love an underdog, and an underdog comeback is even more spectacular to me. Yes, I admit I'm a Palm fanboy. Live with it.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    The next update will be May 17th. Remember that date? I hope this is not a repeat of the six month horror of release dates we have been through since January.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Man I hope they have an update to the screen cracking up.
    i hope it's true!!!!!!!!! . that would make me very happy. and yayyy! before the 30 days is up! i hope to goodness they're smart enough to tell all their stores so that when people come in to return they can let them know.
    CAN'T WAIT for fwd of text message, my employess send me daily numbers 2 times a day that i have to fwd to my District Manager, Pretty annoying having to type the message out in the type message here part then cut it then create the text to my DM then paste, especially if im busy when they send me a text or driving.... ERRRR this fix can't come soon enough for me
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast