Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Id prefer they work on bug fixes and performance of the UI versus new feature any day!
    I know but Id prefer they speed up and have both ready haha

I know many complain about the battery life but I have a charger readily available at most times

so Id rather see some bug fixes and new features
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Id prefer they work on bug fixes and performance of the UI versus new feature any day!
    i would prefer both lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    Right......whatever you say.
    http://tinyurl.com/2ksarn

thanks for the pic Modular - although I believed you without it
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Yeah, after I questioned him and then went back and read some of his posts from before the pre was released, I'd say there is a pretty good chance he is using or has used the new update.
    Modular has been very reliable in the past.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Am I alone in feeling the lack of voice dial is a MAJOR issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by willyrick View Post
    Am I alone in feeling the lack of voice dial is a MAJOR issue?
    It is a stupid feature to be left out, I agree.
    I hope one of those bug fixes is for the POP3 problem. I've noticed my less than stellar battery performance lately seems to be due to my OOL POP3 accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I hope one of those bug fixes is for the POP3 problem. I've noticed my less than stellar battery performance lately seems to be due to my OOL POP3 accounts.
    optimum online?
  9. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    That worked on my Centro right out of the box. I have never done an update.
    You might have the 2nd gen Centro though, or you bought the 1st gen late.

Quote Originally Posted by med8869 View Post
    The centro was nothing new! It pretty much the same stuff Palm had been doing for years. It was just smaller. Therefore, it didnt need many updates. Why does everyone keep praising thier Centro's?
    Perhaps because they work as intended unlike some of the earlier Treos or the Pre. Some people rely on their smart phones.
    Exactly. It's a tried and true OS and is generally stable without need for resets or constant failures like WinMo. It was my first palm and it's also the phone I have kept longer than any other. It works like a champ. Any failures to it have been because I didn't know what I was doing. They aren't ***** proof.

And for the record, I have red, I bought red for two reasons: 1) I love the color and 2) I can find it easier in the dark. I don't do pink anything, some girls do, but it doesn't matter to me what colors the phone comes in. I go for black, silver and red. Cleaner, and look a lot less "playtime".

That is all true. However the people now running Palm are not Palm people, they are Apple people.
    Count me among that group. I was insanely disappointed by the iPhone. It had SO much promise being an Apple product...and it was such an overwhelming letdown to me and many other Apple users. I had to hope that by now it would have gotten to where BB and Palm already was but it STILL isn't there. Aside from all that, it also landed on what might be THE WORST carrier ever to exist. So even if I could have overlooked it's failings...that was the nail in the coffin for me.
  10. TMJ
    Hopefully the constant changing of signal strength is one of them......please......
    What's included in this update?

How did you get it? My only update was for that time waster Speed Brain.
    awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    IF they don't add custom tones for alerts, EAS fixes, and other "trivial things" that aren't difficult to add & more basic phones have (like my Nokia 2610), the Pre is going bye bye.

I'm willing to bet my good health, and disease free body -- you don't. Unless you work for Palm, or are a Sprint Sys Engineer. OR a black hat, who brewed had/has access to the SDK and brewed your own system, hacking the SDK enabling low level access to the hardware and necessary firmware APIs.
    I hope you've got a good doctor!

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Modular also posted things about the Pre that turned out to be true before it was released, so I wouldn't be so quick to discount him.

... As an example, when someone from another board said that the Pre would have visual voicemail but it wasn't working, and got everyone's hopes up, Modular (correctly) pointed out at the time that the Pre did not have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Yeah, after I questioned him and then went back and read some of his posts from before the pre was released, I'd say there is a pretty good chance he is using or has used the new update.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    What's included in this update?

How did you get it? My only update was for that time waster Speed Brain.
    You can't get it yet, but it will be out within the next week. There are only bug fixes in this update, stuff you probably won't notice unless you are having issues. It's not a huge update, just a minor one.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I look forward to it. My Gmail is non-functional. I hope they stay focused on bug fixes and UI stability for the next few updates and keep the new features to a bare minimum. I need rock-solid core functionality - phone - email - PIM. Synergy is a godsend.
    updates are always good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I think the Centro got ONE update. And I couldn't tell a difference afterwards.
    There was a fabulous VersaMail update for the Centro that many of us used to update VersaMail on our Treo 680's successfully despite the warnings not to do so from Palm.

It rocked for the 680 versamail problems some were having.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    You can't get it yet, but it will be out within the next week. There are only bug fixes in this update, stuff you probably won't notice unless you are having issues. It's not a huge update, just a minor one.
    Wait - are you saying that text forwarding, improved copy-paste, contact groups, and mass text (easily) abilities will not be in the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Palm/Sprint should be on top of it though. An email asking how we like the experience so far, blah, blah, along with some of the things they have planned for the next update would be nice.

They have emails registered on every palm profile. This isn't very hard to do.
    Don't count on those email addresses. A Sprint employee handled that part. The Sprint rep who created my Palm Profile fat fingered the email address so I didn't receive the verification email from Palm. After a week I started to research the problem,. took another few days to get the address out of Palm that he had mistyped so i could use my PW and correct it.

In the meantime I ported my AT&T number over to Sprint and my Pre. My Palm Profile still has my old number tied to it. Made my verification process quite the ordeal. Palm keeps promiising an update will occur which will resolve the issue, but it hasn't happened yet . Thank goodness Palm thought enough to use the device ID and email address for verification, backups, and such.
    Have you seen improved battery usage and signal strength? Those are my 2 requirements to keeping the Pre and I only have 2 weeks left to decide otherwise I go back to AT&T and get a 3GS. Thanks for your input.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast